2nd Trimester

Vent: My mother thinks I'm excessive and unreasonable.

My mother just yelled at me for looking at bedding...she wanted me to use my bedding from when I was a baby. It has been in a cardboard box in their attic for 25+ plus years...their attic has rats and bats, and is just gross! Aside from the fact that it's very frilly and just NMS, I wouldn't use it anyways. She got really mad at me and said I was being excessive, wasteful, and disrespectful. She said that I was underestimating how much a baby was going to cost, and I wasn't being responsible. I know that I'm not being unreasonable to want my baby to sleep in fresh bedding, but it made me cry that she was so mad (silly hormones). 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vent: My mother thinks I'm excessive and unreasonable.

• ignore her
  • Haha!  That sounds just like a mother!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I'm afraid of your parents attic - rats and bats....Tongue Tied

Everyone has their opinion of what you should or shouldn't be using or doing - sorry you got you so upset!

• imagebedebum13:

I think I'm afraid of your parents attic - rats and bats....Tongue Tied

Everyone has their opinion of what you should or shouldn't be using or doing - sorry you got you so upset!

I meant to say - sorry SHE got you so upset!

• Did she buy it new for you when you were a baby?  If so then just tell her she's a big hypocrite.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Just remember:
    Opinions are like a$$holes - everyone's got one.  Hers is that you're being "unreasonable," while my opinion is that you're very much NOT being unreasonable at all!  See, two people, two opinions!  Now, just pick the opinion you like better and go with that Stick out tongue
  • You can't be foreced to use bedding you don't wnat and/or fully trust, just do your thing and forget about it.

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • No wonder you're upset.  If you're buying things with your own money for your baby, I don't understand how she can be so upset with you.  I would just tell her that you understand that she wanted you to use your baby bedding, but you wanted to buy the baby it's own bedding.  Can you have the quilt part professionally cleaned, and then save it to give to the baby when it gets older?  That's what my mom did, and it's still pretty yellowed with age.
  • eww...I'm with you - get new bedding! someone is being unreasonable but it isn't you! GL  
  • Did she also freak out about you not using her wedding dress? Sounds like something that would've happened, hehe. I agree, just ignore her. She's not paying for the bedding, you are. Why on earth did she save it anyhow?!
  • Is it bad that I would take it to have it "cleaned" and have it get lost at the cleaner? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dreamsicle, I had the exact same thought. My guess is she had new for you...
  • She had her moment to plan for her baby, it is fair that you have yours too.

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • I wouldn't want to use that bedding either.  If she's saved it in her attic for the past 20-something years I'm guessing she was saving it for you when you had a baby.  I'm guessing she's more upset because she thought she could pass this on rather than being mad at you.  Just let it pass.  She'll get pissed off at something else soon enough.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My DD wore home the same outfit I wore home from the hospital 26 years ago.  I really didn't want her to wear it because it was so frilly and not at all anything anyone would put their child in now, but it made my mom so happy.  Plus all she had to do was wear it for a car ride.  What about making a quilt or something out of the bedding so the baby could use it later on?  That way it would be a compromise.

• dude.  Who's the pregnant hormonal one here??
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Just remember that this is your pregnancy and your baby.  Not your moms.  As hard as it is for her to understand she got her chance to buy bedding, ect when you were born.  You should have the chance to do the same.  My mom knows that I am going to do whatever I want and just to support me.  Which in my opinion is what you should do for your children.

My mother-in-law however.......she is still mad about the fact that there is still a 50% chance that we are not having a girl.  LOL

• If your mom has bats in the attic - she most likely has batsh!t up there too. Bat poop is toxic! It contains spores - that when inhaled - can cause a host of problems....liver problems, intestinal problems, and anemia - just to name a few. Washing them might not completely rid them of the spores....it could be extremly harmful to your baby for you to use the bedding.

I'm sorry your mom was so aggressive with you over this. Hopefully I've supplied you with a little bit of ammo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"