3rd Trimester

"You are really BIG!!!"

Took my 12-year-old for a haircut this afternoon, and this is what some young hairdresser said to me. I get that she's talking about my belly (well, I hope...), but still! I chalked it up to her young age, because I'd hope that someone older and/or with children would never shout this at a pg woman! I just looked at her and said, "Why, thank you." What a ding dong.

Re: "You are really BIG!!!"

• Nope, it doesnt get any better with age. I have older women tell me all the time that i'm big. They think it's funny. Especially the ones who have never been preggo
  • imageElisha&Anthony:
    Nope, it doesnt get any better with age. I have older women tell me all the time that i'm big. They think it's funny. Especially the ones who have never been preggo

I would put them in the same category as the very young, as far as understanding that you just don't say these things.Men also tend to be big culprits- my dad and one of my uncles were relentless during my last pregnancy with comments about my size. I think someone must have said something to them this time, because they haven't said a word!

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, women that have had multiple children before laugh at how "big" I am and apparently the fact that I'm "already" waddling is hysterical. Umm, I'm 4'11", what did they expect? There's no room for this little lady to go other than out in front!
  • imageKim B.:
    Yeah, women that have had multiple children before laugh at how "big" I am and apparently the fact that I'm "already" waddling is hysterical. Umm, I'm 4'11", what did they expect? There's no room for this little lady to go other than out in front!

Those women are idiots. 

• I sympathize!! I dealt with that a LOT during my pregnancy since my belly was the size of a small continent! At least you're almost done!!!
  • A man said that to me at the grocery store, after he asked how far along I was and I told him. Then he said "don't worry honey, you might not get that much bigger!" WTF. I realize that 25lbs on my little 5'3 frame is quite a bit, but somethings you just don't say.
  • imageElisha&Anthony:
    Nope, it doesnt get any better with age. I have older women tell me all the time that i'm big. They think it's funny. Especially the ones who have never been preggo

Yes this! Yesterday I was shopping with my mom and this woman was looking at the travel systems at Wal-Mart and saying how they were this great "new invention" so my mom was laughing. She told her she was about to be a grandma for the first time. My mom goes, "Yeah so am I" and turns me around. The woman looks at me and her eyes get big and says, "Whoa! Looks like there's a couple in there!" I just turned around and walked away since my mom was the one talking to her. My mom says, "No she's just ready to go." Then the woman goes on and on about having 5 kids and they get easier and easier. Yeah, after 5 kids you would think you would know how not to say things like that!!! Idiotface woman!!

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• Oooh my brother accidentally left with my car keys yesterday, so I just called him to make sure he got them back here before tomorrow morning and his girlfriend brought them to me....I walk to her car...and first thing out of her mouth was "your belly's getting fatter!" .....are you serious?!?! I just replied......6 more weeks!  you moron.

Oh...and one lady at work...says "waddle, waddle" every time she see's me...and on Friday she said "hey basketball"........WTF. beeotch. Same lady that said Why are you naming your baby THAT?! 

• My grandma blurted out that I look like Ruby!  Luckily my cousin was there and pounced on her and she apologized later on for it but still!  I feel that being shorter makes you look bigger.  I have also been told that I should look into losing some weight because it looks like I have 'packed on a few pounds' over the holidays.  This was a group of girls I don't particularly like, but ran into them at my college registration.  I did tell them  that I am preggers but the lead girl told me that it was no excuse for 'letting myself go like that' luckily my name was called and I left to finish my registration process.  I hope I don't have any of them in my classes this semester  Ugh!
  • I never really had a problem with it until this month. I was at Walmart checking out and the young cashier looks at me and goes, "Woah! You're HUGE! How far along are you?" I told her 32 weeks, and her mouth just literally drops. "And you've already dropped?! That must be one big baby!"

I believe people's idiot filters just automatically switch to off whenever they see a pregnant woman.

• Grrr! some people, i tell ya!

I had this lady come straight up and bluntly ask..."TWINS?" I wanted to just shove her from her face and walk away! But instead I replied, "nope just 1 heathly baby girl!, Thanks!" and walked away.

The next day we went to go eat and as my (rude) waiter took our food order he stps me mid-sentance just to say "omg girl, your huge! i could never imagine my TINY belly stretching that big. I don't know ho wyou ladies do it, nah uh not me"  I look at my husband and my loving hubby tells him "I don't think she needs nor wants to hear any of this so if your done can she continue with her order?" Needless to say he did not get a tip from us that day.

BTW this is my belly at 35 weeks...3 weeks ago Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagexellie13x:

I never really had a problem with it until this month. I was at Walmart checking out and the young cashier looks at me and goes, "Woah! You're HUGE! How far along are you?" I told her 32 weeks, and her mouth just literally drops. "And you've already dropped?! That must be one big baby!"

Funny how strangers seem to be experts on all things baby when you are preg!

I was 3 weeks PP when i was asked when my baby was due!

• imageInspiredbysoph:

Oooh my brother accidentally left with my car keys yesterday, so I just called him to make sure he got them back here before tomorrow morning and his girlfriend brought them to me....I walk to her car...and first thing out of her mouth was "your belly's getting fatter!" .....are you serious?!?! I just replied......6 more weeks!  you moron.

Oh...and one lady at work...says "waddle, waddle" every time she see's me...and on Friday she said "hey basketball"........WTF. beeotch. Same lady that said Why are you naming your baby THAT?! 

If you weren't in Florida I'd SWEAR you worked with my MIL.  Since her last "WOW!!! You've put on weight" comment, I've been out of her presence.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't had too many comments because I've been pretty small.  If I do get a comment on my big belly I usually reply with "wow, you know how to make a woman feel good" or if I'm more blunt "wow, that's rude".  Just enough to put people in their place. 

I also respond to how far along questions with "far enough" so I don' thave to listen to their idiotic comments about being small or big or high or low or whatever.  You ladies have taught me a lot!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"