3rd Trimester

Bump/Nest needs another board! (Gaming DH Vent)

"Wives of Gamers"  or "Prego With a Gaming DH"

What is DH's obsession of playing a game online? Seriously!!!

He?s been on that thing for 2 hours now! I think if I walked around naked he wouldn't even notice! I'm being induced in 4 weeks... is it wrong to want to spend some quality time together?

** thinking about unplug the internet :-D

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Bump/Nest needs another board! (Gaming DH Vent)

• LOL!  I got my husby addicted to WoW so that I could play without him b!tching at me; now I have stuff starting to pile up that I need to be put together and he has managed to talk his way out of all of it.  "oh, gee there is a raid and I promised..."  "oh but they need a run for a heroic...."  "don't we need to go do laundry?" "We have a guild meeting...." and the like, I think, in the end, I might have to do it myself! 
  • Tell me about it!!  I would join that one for sure!!  I just don't get the obsession.  oh well, soon enough there will be a little one around to occupy his time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I would be rich if I was paid $1 for each time hes told me something about "raids" or "guild events" or "were almost done"

• DH plays WOW all the time. There are some weekends he will play 7+ hours. It gets on my nerves but I just keep thinking that in 13 weeks his gaming time will come to a hault.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so lucky dh has zero interest in video and computer games.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hehe. My SO is addicting too. He doesn't let it take over though. We always spend some quality time together each day. All I have to do is ask if he wants to do something with me and he'll quit the game (though sometimes it takes him a little while to get to a stopping place). Except on Thursdays he has a 'date night' with WoW and I won't bother him.
  • imageLLShrestha:
    LOL!  I got my husby addicted to WoW so that I could play without him b!tching at me; now I have stuff starting to pile up that I need to be put together and he has managed to talk his way out of all of it.  "oh, gee there is a raid and I promised..."  "oh but they need a run for a heroic...."  "don't we need to go do laundry?" "We have a guild meeting...." and the like, I think, in the end, I might have to do it myself! 

Buahah...This sounds like our house, only opposite. DH was telling me all the time that we had crap to do. But he got me to quit and now he's all about COD.

Here's a trick, ladies. When you want his attention, pull up a chair next to him and have food. Munch on the food and ask a thousand questions about the game. DO NOT SHARE. Just casually pull the bowl away everytime he goes for it. Eventually, he either get tired of answering,  get really hungry, or you'll get interested in the game and take it from him.

• Lil, what a great idea! yup my husband has been playing since i got home from work about two hours ago.
  • imageSoldiersHousewife:

imageLLShrestha:
    LOL!  I got my husby addicted to WoW so that I could play without him b!tching at me; now I have stuff starting to pile up that I need to be put together and he has managed to talk his way out of all of it.  "oh, gee there is a raid and I promised..."  "oh but they need a run for a heroic...."  "don't we need to go do laundry?" "We have a guild meeting...." and the like, I think, in the end, I might have to do it myself! 

Buahah...This sounds like our house, only opposite. DH was telling me all the time that we had crap to do. But he got me to quit and now he's all about COD.

Here's a trick, ladies. When you want his attention, pull up a chair next to him and have food. Munch on the food and ask a thousand questions about the game. DO NOT SHARE. Just casually pull the bowl away everytime he goes for it. Eventually, he either get tired of answering,  get really hungry, or you'll get interested in the game and take it from him.

LOVE it I'm so going to try this! Right now infact!

• imagelilbugs momma:
    imageSoldiersHousewife:

imageLLShrestha:

Besides food, I find flashing works wonders; even more so now, thanks to baby my little B/C's have gone to some hefty D's and this has made husby all of a sudden very cuddly.  I also can jump onto vent when he is not getting my craving food and complain to his guildies, which makes them stop raiding/the group until he goes and gets me what I am craving.  I am so lucky his guild leader is a woman and a mom, there are a few moms in the guild actually and the majority of the guys are dads themselves.  They have been giving him tips and pointers for pregnancy and other ideas for when the baby gets here.

• Sign me up for this board. I want to throw every stupid gaming console out of our 4th floor apartment window.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
  • Oh how glad I'm not the only one this annoys!
  • HAHA  I know exactly how you feel. DH stays up 'til 2 or 3 in the morning playing those lame games. I dont get it...I'm a little worried that DH doesn't really understand that this can't go on for much longer with LO on the way. All I can say is there are worse things he could be doing, and I am happy that he's home with me...even if he is gaming.  

Well, I should give him SOME credit. As soon as I get home from work he'll turn it off, or only turn it on when I pass out on the couch nearly every night around 7:00.  We used to fight about it, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I just hope he'll adjust a bit when LO comes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLLShrestha:
    imagelilbugs momma:
    imageSoldiersHousewife:

imageLLShrestha:

Besides food, I find flashing works wonders; even more so now, thanks to baby my little B/C's have gone to some hefty D's and this has made husby all of a sudden very cuddly.  I also can jump onto vent when he is not getting my craving food and complain to his guildies, which makes them stop raiding/the group until he goes and gets me what I am craving.  I am so lucky his guild leader is a woman and a mom, there are a few moms in the guild actually and the majority of the guys are dads themselves.  They have been giving him tips and pointers for pregnancy and other ideas for when the baby gets here.

Lawl. I have the phone number for the guy DH plays COD with and his wife's phone number. I have made the threat to call them several times. 

Flashing NEVER works on DH. He starts talking about how my nipples are sooo huge and soooo dark. Or he makes a comment about covering up my "beer gut". And he wonders why sexy time only occurs in the dark and he's not allowed to see me nekkid anymore!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"