2nd Trimester

Difference between recieving blanket and burp cloth?

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these two items?  They seem the same to me, and I feel like I'm missing something here.  Thanks!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Difference between recieving blanket and burp cloth?

• Size, and a lot of time the material. DD spit up A LOT though, so we frequently used receiving blankets for burp cloths because they covered more area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • receiving blanket is for swaddling, or wrapping the baby up. ?Burp cloth is much smaller and used for feeding/burping and spit up messes.
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto others.  Apparently you should get cloth diapers to use for "burp cloths" rather than the actual ones they sell in the store (which are tiny)
  • imageChristinaD09:
    Ditto others.  Apparently you should get cloth diapers to use for "burp cloths" rather than the actual ones they sell in the store (which are tiny)

This.  We'll be getting CD for burp cloths and the larger 44x44 Aden & Anais receiving blankets (heard they are good quality) for wrapping baby up

• It's basically the difference between blowing your nose in a tissue or using your bed comforter.
  • edited August 2013
    lkf041 said:
    receiving blanket is for swaddling, or wrapping the baby up. ?Burp cloth is much smaller and used for feeding/burping and spit up messes.
    If receiving blankets are for swaddling, then what's swaddling blankets for? :o
  • lkf041 said:
    receiving blanket is for swaddling, or wrapping the baby up. ?Burp cloth is much smaller and used for feeding/burping and spit up messes.
    This! Although we started using receiving blankets as burp cloths once DD was unable to be swaddled anymore.
  • Andraniki said:
    lkf041 said:
    If receiving blankets are for swaddling, then what's swaddling blankets for? :o
    Obviously, they're also used for swaddling.  Burp clothes aren't.  :o
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Swaddling blankets typically have some sort of mechanism to make the swaddling easier like velcro or snaps.  A receiving blanket is just an ordinary blanket you can use to swaddle.
    imageimage

• laumholl said:
    It's basically the difference between blowing your nose in a tissue or using your bed comforter.
    This is the best description I've ever read. The burp cloth material is MEANT to be for spit up, whereas the swaddling/receiving blanket is a different material that isn't really absorbent.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • It's basically the difference between blowing your nose in a tissue or using your bed comforter.
    This is just hilarious! When you have baby barf running down the back of your arm or in between your boobs, anything becomes a burp cloth. Receiving blankets, DH's shirt sleeve, baby socks, wipes. It doesn't matter!
    This is just hilarious! When you have baby barf running down the back of your arm or in between your boobs, anything becomes a burp cloth. Receiving blankets, DH's shirt sleeve, baby socks, wipes. It doesn't matter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"