2nd Trimester

What do you want to be called?

Are you going to be mom, mama, mommy, hey you, etc? What's your preferred nickname?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you want to be called?

• "Mommy" until they decide to switch to "Mom".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whatever LO decides :) It'll probably start as Mama since that's the easiest for LO to pronounce.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mama. I think it's so sweet when little kids use this. But, this is all ideally. I am sure they will have their own ideas. Especially, if they are anything like me.
  • imagemegdrew1218:
    "Mommy" until they decide to switch to "Mom".

This, DH will be Daddy/Dad. 

Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • I always thought Mommy/Mom but my dd calls me Mama which sounds so sweet coming from her.
  • imagemegdrew1218:

This.  DD started saying mommy around Christmas.  Now she says mommy and daddy 500 times a day.  So cute! :-) 

• I guess I should answer my own question.

I want to be called by my first name, just like my grandmother was, I'm named after her and I think it's cool. My mom and her 4 siblings call their father, "daddy" and grandmother was always "mary"

• I'm 27 and my parents are still Mommy and Daddy.  It gets sorta embarrassing since I work with them, but I just CAN'T call them Mom and Dad (which isn't even THAT much better).  Oh well... at least the patients find it cute.
  • I refer to myself as "mama" with my dog, so I think I'll stick with that. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Whatever the kid chooses.  DH and I refer to each other as "Mommy" and "Daddy" if we use the third person (as in, to DD, "Why don't you have Daddy help get your shoes on?") but to this point she's called us Mama and Dada.

• We are Mama and Dada to our animals and I really like it!  I have a close friend whose son calls her "MomMom" and I think that's soooooo cute!  He started that himself though!
  • whatever he wants to call me.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    whatever he wants to call me.

So if he called you "Bob" you'd be OK with that?

• Mama.  That's what we called our mom.  Still do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegtown_bride:
    I refer to myself as "mama" with my dog, so I think I'll stick with that. :)

This...with my dogs too.  I think it'll be Mommy/Mom with my non fur children.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mommy.  DD is experimenting with mama lately and it doesn't bother me.  She's 5.
  • Mom.

I'm personaly not into cutsy stuff, but obviously what ever she choses to call me is fine.

• I'll be Mama, and DH will be Papa.
    BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I've been mama since day one. I don't know if its a southern thing but I notice alot of adults still refer to the mother as mama. Actually in my case its usually:

"mama.........*pause*....... MA-MA........ *pause* MAAAAAMAAAAAA*

• imagemysticporter:
    Whatever the kid chooses.  DH and I refer to each other as "Mommy" and "Daddy" if we use the third person (as in, to DD, "Why don't you have Daddy help get your shoes on?") but to this point she's called us Mama and Dada.

This.

• I'm from Australia, married to an American and living in the USA. In Australia it is mum or mummy and that's what I'd really liked to be called but since we live here, I'm not sure how strongly I'll encourage it.
  • I'm British, living in the US so I really want to be Mummy not Mommy but I know everyone else will start referring to me as Mommy. DH calls his mother Mama so he might use that even though he knows I would prefer Mummy.
  • I think I like Mama. It's funny, ever since DH and I started dating I've always called him Baby (you know, instead of babe/honey/hon, etc.), after the first few times I called him Baby he decided he'd call me Mama because he says, "If I'm your baby then you're my mama." Ok, corny, but we still use these silly nicknames and I think I would want the babies to call me that too :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Honestly, I'm okay with any of the mama, mom, mommy ideas - I just refuse to be called by my first name by my LO.
    Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemegdrew1218:

This :) Mommy when they are little, then after that mom or momma is fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemegdrew1218:

This!

• We're already Mommy and Daddy although my 12 y.o. daughter often uses Maaahhhmm.
  • I'm Momma.  I don't know why, but I don't like Mommy.

• I'll be happy as long as I'm not "That B*tch".
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• One of my son's calls me mama and the other calls me mommy.
  • imageteelaman:
    Honestly, I'm okay with any of the mama, mom, mommy ideas - I just refuse to be called by my first name by my LO.

This! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"