3rd Trimester
Options

Iron Supplement Brand Recommendation?

So I just got a call from my OB.  I passed my GD test (thank goodness!!) but I failed the anemia blood test...boo.  Honestly, I'm constantly borderline because of a chronic condition so I was expecting to be low.  Anyway, I know from past experience that iron can be tough on your stomach so does anyone have a brand that they recommend?  Thanks so much!

image image

Re: Iron Supplement Brand Recommendation?

• Options
    Slow Fe is what I'm on and what my OB recommended.  I haven't been constipated at all ::knocks on wood:: being on it like some iron supplements can do.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

YES!

My MW put me on Floridex liquid. You can get it at the health food store. It's kind of gross, and I do it like a shot with a juice chaser- but it doesn't constipate me AT ALL like iron pills.  Other crunchy suggestions she had- raw pumpkin seeds (also at the health food store) and alfalfa/mint tea.  I got my hemoglobin WAY up in 2 weeks by doing all 3 of these things.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Slo FE is working alright for me. I'm not any more constipated than I was before I started, plus it hasn't given me an upset stomach once. I was advised to take it on an empty stomach with orange juice and it's been fine on my system.  I only gave up the orange juice because I got the GD too, and it was throwing off my blood sugar.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Slow FE works great!
  • Options
    Slow FE was great. My former OB had me on an Rx for Ferralet and it was disgusting. I constantly felt and tasted like I'd licked the inside of a piggy bank.
  • Options
    formulation is more important than brand. ferrous bis-glycinate is easier on the stomach than ferrous sulfate. floradix is another formula that is easily tolerated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"