3rd Trimester

What are your go to outfits now?

I feel the belly getting bigger and since I feel so close to end I'm hesitant in buying more clothes. 

What are you wearing (to work) each day? 

I'm so tired of wearing black pants and it's 75 degrees where I live....plus flats don't look that cute with pasty legs.

How are making it through your wardrobe in the last few weeks?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are your go to outfits now?

• I'm wearing dresses a lot more often.  I outgrew some of the pants I bought at the end of my first tri, but the dresses still fit. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Things are looking bleak in my closet!  I have two pairs of jeans, two pairs of dress pants, and two pairs of leggings that still fit me.  Then maybe four sweaters/shirts and two dresses that still cover the belly.  My co-workers are definitely seeing the same outfits every week, but there's no way I am going to buy more now!  I just pray he doesn't take another four weeks to get here!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am still wearing all of my under the belly maternity pants. Any top that isn't maternity is pretty much out of the rotation. I have a feeling it will be a different story in 4-6 weeks!

• I have been wearing a lot of solid color long sleeve tshirts and then adding a cute scarf or fun jewelery or a headband to spice things up. At this point I would say to save your money and not buy anything new, you are so close. I have gotten by with 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of black pants. I have been so tempted to buy more new stuff but I just keep reminding myself that I should save the money to buy some cute new "normal" clothes after LO is born. GL!
    www.guyandevashop.com
  • I'm pretty much all belly. At 31weeks, I'm still wearing pretty much all of my pants/jeans (I only wear low riders and low cut pants anyways) with my be-band. Its just now starting to get a little uncomfortable with the band in some of my jeans...slacks are still fine tho, with the band.

As for shirts, I've found a way to stretch them even longer by buying tunic vests (sleeveless, like wife beater tunics) that I can wear shirts underneath. This way, I still get to wear my t-shirts that dont cover my belly, and I still get to wear by button down work shirts that dont button anymore. I just button the chest area button, and wear a colorful tunic over the rest and you cant even tell!! I've saved a lot of money by shopping for things that cover and can be layered or worn over my shirts that way I can still wear then, too short or not.

The one that I'm wearing today is kinda like this, except it is plain black, and its a thick sweater material. I have a button down shirt from Express on underneath, that can NO LONGER be buttoned, but no one can tell since the tunic covers it: https://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=top&product%5Fid=2070176526&showBACK=OK

• What are you wearing (to work) each day? 

Unfortunately, I ruined my pair of black yoga pants when I was painting this weekend (didn't feel like painting in my underwear, lol), so I will have to rebuy those - otherwise, two pairs of maternity jeans, only one of which is somewhat comfy.  I outgrew my work, non-panel maternity jeans, but I'm an engineer so no one cares.  Most of my maternity tops still fit, though some are debatable.

How are making it through your wardrobe in the last few weeks?

It's called, doing lots of laundry, haha.

imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one with these problems. I'm down to 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of dress pants for work. I only have a handful of shirts but I'm going to just let it go.

I don't see any sense in spending the money on new maternity clothes when all of us are so close. Especially when I look at my "normal" clothes and realize that I need new stuff there too!

• work: dresses/tunics and leggings (or under belly tights) with either boots or flats.

casual:  under belly cords and longs sleeve maternity tees

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • I have managed to avoid buying maternity dress pants/jeans thus far and am still wearing my bella band with all my pre-pregnancy jeans/pants. Today I'm wearing leggings, boots, and a long sweater.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"