Indiana Babies

Reccommend your OB/GYN

I have been having my annual exam done at my GP's office.  I need to schedule one before we start IVF in the next month'ish (totally forgot about it!) and thought it might be a good idea to schedule where I think I want to get my prenatal care. 

I've been looking at Westside Physicians for Women - I prefer female docs and they are all women and they deliver at Hendricks which is my prefered hospital.  Anyone have any experience with any of the docs there?? 

Have any other reccommendations??

TIA!

Re: Reccommend your OB/GYN

• My sister delivered all 4 of her children there and has used two different practices. It's too late to call her but I'll try to remember tomorrow.
    I do know that she received great care there!
  • I know you said you want to go to Hendricks hospital, but, I *loved* St V Women's and the group of doctors who work on their high risk floor.  I saw them all several times - Leone, Gates, Hinkle, Ronco, Stevens

They are all incredible!  (I'm going to see Gates.)

Of course I'm biased, but I also don't think you can beat having such an incredible NICU at your fingertips - heaven forbid you'd need it, but, just in case.

Here is a link to the practice.

• Loading the player...
  • I go to Dr. Badman at Westside Physicians for Women and I love it.  They have the ultrasounds, NST, and blood draw all in the one building.  They are all very nice and the place is clean.  I then delivered at Hendricks and it was great.  They have free classes you can take and it's not as busy as the larger hospitals.  I went to visit a friend at Clarian west after she had her baby and it was too big and busy for me, I didn't like it.
  • I used to see Dr. Kowler at New Life Associates at Hendricks.  I loved her, but I switched ob's when I wanted to deliver at Clarian West.  I totally recommend her though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• I switched to Dr. Fenoughty at 32 weeks.  I loved her, the office, and the entire staff.  I highly recommend them.  I delivered DS at Hendricks and also loved it and the staff.  I delivered DS1 at Clarian West and did not care for it at all. 
  • imagesquishy00:
    I go to Dr. Badman at Westside Physicians for Women and I love it.  They have the ultrasounds, NST, and blood draw all in the one building.  They are all very nice and the place is clean.  I then delivered at Hendricks and it was great.  They have free classes you can take and it's not as busy as the larger hospitals.  I went to visit a friend at Clarian west after she had her baby and it was too big and busy for me, I didn't like it.

I also see Dr. Badman at Westside and I LOVE her and the entire practice! I ended up delivering at St. Vincent because of major complications but if it wasn't for Dr. Badman referring me to an MFM at 30 1/2 weeks I am convinced that our story wouldn't have had such a beautiful outcome with DD. When I was first hospitalized at Hendricks for suspected Pre-E I saw Dr. Fenougherty too and she is great also. All the docs seem great and the staff and nurses are first class.

• I have a lot to say about this, so here I go...

I go to Westside Physicians for Women and see Dr. Mazdai. I absolutely love it there! The doctors are great and are all board-certified and it was important to me to have an all female practice too. The office is beautiful (I feel like it's a relaxing spa lobby or something) and the care is fabulous. I enjoyed going each time (since you go so often when you are pregnant). They also have 3-D ultrasounds right on site.

All the childbirth classes are free (there are lots to choose from, we took 6!) which is great because you feel like you can learn about everything you want to learn and not have to worry about the cost of the classes. They also have prenatal fitness classes (they are only $2 or $3 a class, which is REALLY reasonable) and a mom and baby yoga class. The instructor is preggo herself and due in February, but I'm sure she'll be back by the time you would attend.

The hospital rooms are really beautiful and they offer complimentary massages during and after labor too. The nurses are fabulous and have many years of experience. Everything is so great, you might not want to leave! They have a level 2 special care nursery too just in case your little one would need it.

I also attend the breastfeeding support group which is really helpful. There's a nurse who facilitates it and a lactation consultant is also available, plus they have the same kind of scale they have at the doctors office so you can always see how much the baby is growing.

As you can see, I love Westside and had a great experience delivering my little guy at Hendricks Regional Health. You can check out the docs website at www.wpw-obgyn.com and the hospital's childbirth page at www.hendricks.org/baby. Hope that helps!
  • I highly recommend Dr Mazdai. We started out with Dr Fenoughty but m/c before we ever met her and Dr Mazdai worked with us to diagnose the m/c and do the d&c. she was wonderful and dh loved her. we moved practices because of insurance reasons but would still be there if not.

i recently heard dr badman was leaving the group, maybe that was a rumor Confused

i delivered ds at clarian west and loved it. my doctor has left the practice since then but there are lots of good obs still there that came highly recommended.

• I don't think Dr. Badman's leaving, I think they are just moving to a new house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"