3rd Trimester

If you are working right up until delivery . . .

Are you planning to wear any type of pad or something toward the end just in case your water breaks at work? I don't even know if there is anything that would help with this, but I would imagine the more absorbent layers you have on, the better.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)

Re: If you are working right up until delivery . . .

• Probably not.  If your water breaks, you'll more than likely soak through it anyway.  I might if I start trickling or whatever, but that's it.  I am a teacher, so the kids would love to start the rumor that I peed my pants or whatever anyway haha

• I wasn't planning on it. My office is right next to the back door, and I have a feeling I'll just grab my stuff and go.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I am secretly and evilly hoping my water breaks at work. On my boss' shoes. 

But that's just me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From what I've read, most of the time you are in labor for at least a little while before your water breaks (but certainly not always)

I don't think its a huge risk, and I agree with the PPs, a pad probably wont help.  

• Nope. I'm livin' dangerously.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageErin0922:

I am secretly and evilly hoping my water breaks at work. On my boss' shoes. 

But that's just me. 

That totally made me laugh out loud.  :)

• Haha thats a good idea! I just figured I'll be so nervous and excited that I won't care! We did discuss in our birthing class last night how only like 10% of women actually have their water break before starting labor. Hopefully it won't happen at work!
  • My water broke at home and nothing could have caught it.  I ran to the tub and it just kept gushing - I sat on the toilet more gushing - I couldn't believe all the fluid.  I went through two towels just to clean myself up. 

I had no labor signs before hand - but lost my MP the day before.  

I'd just bring in some towels and plastic bags to work and for your car and maybe a change of clothes w/ a pad.  After my big gush - I changed and just used a Super Pad.  

Can you work from home the last week?

Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • i stopped working today, but yes. i had pads on hand in case of water breaking.  it's typically not a gush, more of a trickle, and plenty of time to go to the restroom and put on a pad.  better than driving home soaking my carseat.
  • I wear a liner anyway because I can't seem to control my bladder since I've been pregnant!  From what I've read and heard, usually your water trickles because the baby's head is blocking the huge gush. Wink I was really paranoid about a huge gush because I figured, with my luck, it would happen in the middle of me teaching!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If I were you I probably wouldn't wear a thick pad everyday, but have some on hand and a towel like someone else suggested. Wearing a thick pad all the time might not let your who-ha breathe :) A pantiliner might be good to catch a trickle. Supposedly only like 10-15% of women have their water break before getting to the hospital anyway. It still worries me I'll be somewhere public and get a gush though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • No not especially.  If I go into labor at work, a wet spot or fluid down my legs isn't my greatest concern.  It sounds like the woman walking around the grocery store with a jar of pickles in case her water breaks.
  • I've been wearing a liner due to the snail trail thing I've got going on. I just figured I'd walk to my car with wet pants if my water breaks at work (and maybe sit on a plastic bag while I drive home).

• nope, i think that would be a waste of pads.
  • imageErin0922:

I am secretly and evilly hoping my water breaks at work. On my boss' shoes. 

But that's just me. 

this because my boss told me yesterday i make a great impression of a duck....i know he was kidding but still not cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"