Alaska Babies

Getting to know you?

Since this board isn't that active I figured we could post some information about us in here... Maybe liven things up a bit? ?=)

?

Name:

Are you named after anyone??

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) :

Significant Other's Name:?

Hometown:

Favorite/Least Favorite food:

Are you sarcastic??

Tell us about your child(ren):

Tell us something interesting about yourself:?

?

If anyone has anything to add, like other fun questions or something, feel free! ?Ready, set, GO!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Getting to know you?

• Name: ?Katie

Are you named after anyone? ?My first name is actually Katharine and that is after Katharine Hepburn.. I share a middle name with one of my aunts.

Birthday: ?December 10th?

Significant Other's Name: ?James

Location: ?Right now we are in Bellingham, WA waiting to catch a ferry into Ketchikan, AK.?

Hometown: ?South Carolina

Favorite/Least Favorite food: ?Steak, salad and baked potato/LOTS; I'm a picky eater :)

Are you sarcastic? ?Sometimes.

Tell us about your child(ren): ?J and I are actually expecting our first in May or is it April? ?When I get final word, I'll share, haha!

Tell us something interesting about yourself: ?I was in a wreck on 6-6-6 that landed me not walking until 7-7-7 and J and I started dating on 8-8-8. ?The trend stopped when nothing significant happened on 9-9-9.

• Name:  Krista

Are you named after anyone?  My middle name, Maureen, is after a dear friend to my parents.  His name was Maurice.  (pronounced Morris)

Birthday:  July 13 

Significant Other's Name:  None

Hometown:  Circle, AK

Favorite/Least Favorite food:  My favorite food changes almost daily right now.  For today it's french fries... Yeah, I know that's not so good.

Are you sarcastic?  Yes but usually in a fun way, not in a hurtful way

Tell us about your child(ren): My first babies are two lab/mutt mix dogs, Sam and Katie-bug.  Sam is 11 and Katie-bug is 4 and she is still a holy terror but tons fun!  She keeps the old guy young. 

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I'm 39, still single, clock was ticking LOUDLY, haven't found my S/O yet so I've decided to take matters into my own hands and start my family using a donor before it's too late for me.  That's not very interesting but it's current. 

• Loading the player...
  • Name: Samantha

Are you named after anyone? Nope, and I was going to be named Linda but when I was born my dad looked at me and told my mom, she doesn't look like a Linda, she looks like a Samantha. My mom had to ask the nurse how to spell it. :)

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : Aug 3

Significant Other's Name: Hans

Hometown: Anchorage / Palmer / Wasilla

Favorite/Least Favorite food: I love pasta / lots of least favorite's I too am a picky eater.

Are you sarcastic? Sometimes

Tell us about your child(ren): Jacob - he will be 6 months next week!

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I have 4 siblings but yet I am also an only child. (I know it sounds weird, but I am the only child that my parents had, my siblings are all half siblings or step siblings.)

• Name: Kat

Are you named after anyone?  My mama - we have the same exact name!

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 10/25

Significant Other's Name:   Tim

Hometown: Elkton, Maryland

Favorite/Least Favorite food: Right now i crave anything Pumpkin.

Are you sarcastic? 

Tell us about your child(ren): This is my first one.  (2 fur baby kitties in maryland though)

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I am into all sorts of things from rock shows to history museums to baseball.

DUE DATE:  01/10/10

March 21, I find out how far along we are. :)
  • Oh, and nice to meet you ladies too!
    March 21, I find out how far along we are. :)
  • Very nice to meet you ladies :)

Krista-- we are very close in our pregnancy.. should be fun going through it all, haha!?

• Name:  Amanda

Are you named after anyone? My middle name is Louise, after my mom's middle name, and if we're having a girl, she'll get it too :)

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 9/21/83

Significant Other's Name: Kevin

Hometown: St. Louis, MO

Favorite/Least Favorite food:  Chocolate would have to top my favorites list, and any seafood other than crab would be my least favorite.

Are you sarcastic? Very much so IRL, but I tend not to be on the boards because it can be so easily misread.

Tell us about your child(ren):  This our first,a nd we find out what it is on the 29th!

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I never know what to say for questions like this!  Can I pass?

• Name: Megan Marlene

Are you named after anyone? My first name is uniquely my own (my Daddy liked that it meant "Great") while I share my middle name with my Momma and Granny. Our first girl will be named Samantha Marlene.

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 07/18/1987

Significant Other's Name: Micah

Hometown:For me, the South in general. I was born in FL, raised in GA, then went to college in TN before marrying my AK boy and moving up here

Favorite/Least Favorite food:Fave food: Italian and Southern Cooking, Icky food: No one cuisine, just certain things like carrot juice, raw sushi, fish egg soup, and country fried steak.. gross!

Are you sarcastic? Who me? Naw.... never!

Tell us about your child(ren): First one on the way! I'm due March 19th! And it's a surprise (hubby's one request... *sigh*)

Tell us something interesting about yourself: Um... I'm a 5th generation preacher's kid, I love to read anything and everything, write stories, scrapbook (though right now it's Scrapblog-- digital scrapbooking!), can cook up a mean homemade tomato sauce, and am a Gilmore Girl at heart!

• Amanda, it looks like you and I are due within days of each other!
  • Name: Meghan

Are you named after anyone? Nope

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 9/23/82

Significant Other's Name: Timothy

Hometown: Juneau

Favorite/Least Favorite food: Favorite - it depends on the day, but I like ethnic foods. Least - pickles

Are you sarcastic? Yes...

Tell us about your child(ren): DD is 1. She's got lots of attitude, loves to toddle everywhere, and gives me hugs all the time.  

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I'm not really an interesting person. I love writing, being spontaneous, and using my brains. I'm opinionated, but try to avoid conflict unless it's in support of something I truly believe in.

If anyone has anything to add, like other fun questions or something, feel free!  Ready, set, GO! 

• Name:Mary

Are you named after anyone?  My grandmother

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) :7/28/78

Significant Other's Name: David

Hometown:Orange County California

Favorite/Least Favorite food:Favorite (thai) least ( italian)

Are you sarcastic? Very

Tell us about your child(ren):We have one baby girl Quinn who is 6 months old and just found out we are expecting number 2.

Tell us something interesting about yourself: my husband and I move every year or so for his job. We have lived all over the country and were in Hawaii before this.

• imagekatieloulovesyou:

Since this board isn't that active I figured we could post some information about us in here... Maybe liven things up a bit?  =)

Name:  Jessica

Are you named after anyone? No

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) :  March 28

Significant Other's Name: Waldo- his real name is Eric

Hometown:  Ohio

Favorite/Least Favorite food:  Favorite- raspberries.  Least- Beef

Are you sarcastic? oh yes

Tell us about your child(ren):  None yet, I'm due on 7/19

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I have a series of freckles on my thigh that form a perfect upside down cross.

If anyone has anything to add, like other fun questions or something, feel free!  Ready, set, GO! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Name: Christie

Are you named after anyone? Nope

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :): 8.9.1985

Significant Other's Name: Aaron

Hometown: Seattle, WA

Favorite/Least Favorite food: I love spaghetti, I'm not a big fan of many dairy products.

Are you sarcastic? In more of a silly sort of way, but not as much online because it always is misinterpreted and people take what I say seriously (this is especially the case in my FB statuses and on my blog)

Tell us about your child(ren): We have a daughter, Harper, who will be 7 months old just after Christmas and just started TTC #2 this month. Yep I'm one of those crazies who is actually trying for 2u2!

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I've been to almost all 50 states, I think there are only 7 or 8 that I haven't been to yet.

• Always&Forever...where did you go to college in TN? I spent 3 years in Jackson, TN at Lambuth before I transferred back to Seattle to finish my degree :)
  • Name: Keely Rose

Are you named after anyone? My parents argued over my name until my grandma stepped in and said to name me Keely since no ones been named that. But my middle name, Rose, is after that same grandma. :]

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : June 15th.

Significant Other's Name: Michael Lee

Hometown: Born in Owatonna, Minnesota but adopted and moved to Petersburg, Alaska.

Favorite/Least Favorite food: My moms homemade lasagna and her delicious buttermilk pankcakes with her own syrup (secretly it's only the maple extract with A LOT of sugar! :D ) / Sooo many things... I'm such a picky eater, it drives Michael crazy. But if I had to pick one... Casseroles

Are you sarcastic? Very, haha.

Tell us about your child(ren): This will be our first, so our fingers are crossed! :]

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I've played piano since I could walk (literally), my partner, Michael, and I met through my best friend, from whom I, innocently, stole him. I've gone to college for Culinary and Fashion Design, both of which didn't stick very well. I've settled on wanting to be a high school band director and teaching piano lessons. :]

Flying Solo, Formula Feeding, Working, Loving Life Momma of One. Image and video hosting by TinyPic ::NEW POST ON 2.7.2011:: Come Today, Blue Skies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Name: Caitlyn Candice

Are you named after anyone?  Some aunts on my dads side. 

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 5/8/87

Significant Other's Name: Lyle

Hometown: Delta Junction

Favorite/Least Favorite food: Favorite- Lots of things, Pizza, cheap mac and cheese, chocolate, bacon....  Least- seafood

Are you sarcastic? Sometimes

Tell us about your child(ren): Candice Kaylou, one word ATTITUDE.  Smart, headstrong, very beautiful, 3 years old.  Her name came from all of the moms middle names.  Mine Candice, my mom Kay, my ex's mom Lou.

Tell us something interesting about yourself:  I hate cooking.  I do not cook at home.  But I am a cook at work.  Its weird, I can burn water at home but at work everyone loves my food.

• imagekeelyxrosepetal:
    I've settled on wanting to be a high school band director and teaching piano lessons. :]

We would probably get along. I am a music teacher. :)

Name: Tasha Renee'

Are you named after anyone? Not that I know of... My MIL actually named me!!

Birthday: July 28

Significant other's name: Adam Charles

Hometown: Wallowa, OR

Favorite/ Least favorite food: I like food. That is all there is to say.  :)

Are you sarcastic? Sometimes.

Tell us about your children: This is #1... *Hoping for a sticky baby after a miscarriage on 8-8-09*

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I married my friend from childhood... He quite literally has known me from day 1.

• Name: RachelAre you named after anyone? Not that I know ofBirthday: Oct 2nd Significant other's name: ChrisLocation: Anchorage, AKHometown: Eagle River, AKFavorite/ Least favorite food: Rocket popsicals / onionsAre you sarcastic? Often, I have to keep up with my husbandTell us about your children: This is #1, James Micheal, Due June 9th 2010Tell us something interesting about yourself: My Husband and I attended the same high school, but we didn't think twice about each other till we met online shortly after I graduated. We spend our weekends off-roading, or fixing what we broke off-roading!
  • Name: Chelsey

Are you named after anyone? My Great Grandma

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 05/22/88

Significant Other's Name: Brandon

Hometown: Ketchikan

Favorite/Least Favorite food: I love a lot of food / I hate beets

Are you sarcastic? Yes

Tell us about your child(ren): We are expecting our first! She was due Feb. 2nd but doesn't want to come out yet! She is being stubborn like her mamma :)

• Hi! I just found this board tonight! It seems like it's not very active though. There's got to be more AK Mommies out there! :o

Name:  Blaire

Are you named after anyone? My mom got the idea for my name from The Facts of Life! lol

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : August 18th

Significant Other's Name: Brian

Hometown: Owensboro, KY

Favorite/Least Favorite food:  Fave: Just about any ethnic foods and seafood; Least Fave: Right now, Wendy's. It's been my only food aversion. 

Are you sarcastic? No, not really.

Tell us about your child(ren):  This is our first! We're newlyweds. My LMP was 10/23, we got married on 10/24 and I got my BFP 11/30. Hello honeymoon baby! 

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I don't know what to say here...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Name: Sheree

Are you named after anyone? My aunt

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 4/20

Significant Other's Name: Josh

Hometown: Bridgewater, CT

Favorite/Least Favorite food: Favorite is fetuccini and least favorite is crab

Are you sarcastic? sometimes

Tell us about your child(ren): I have one little boy who is 3 years old and we have another on the way due 8/5.

Tell us something interesting about yourself: My husband is in the Coast Guard and we are stationed in Kodiak.

Hi everyone!

• Name: AmberAre you named after anyone? My middle name is after many relativesBirthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 1/5/1983Significant Other's Name:  ShaunLocation: Anchorage, AKHometown: Anchorage, AKFavorite/Least Favorite food: Favorite food is typically mexican and italian but I have hyperemsis gravidarum and feel like poo so right now I don't have any favorites. Are you sarcastic? very muchTell us about your child(ren): I have a 6 year old son who is in kindergarten. He is very sweet and pretty shy. He just started playing hockey this year but has had a love for hockey since he was 2! My youngest son is 16 months old this month and he much different than my ODS. He is sweet but VERY strong willed! Lord help me! We are expecting baby #3 on 9/3/2010Tell us something interesting about yourself:Hmmm... I have been married over 10 years :-) 
  • Name: Jen
    Are you named after anyone? Middle name is same as aunts mid name. Family tradition, should have been moms but jennifer marie sounds dumb! so its jennifer michelle
    Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 10/24/89
    Significant Other's Name:  Tom
    Hometown: Willow, Alaska
    Favorite/Least Favorite food: hmmm meat! lol i love meat, and salad, and fuit, and chocolate... I don't think thats a fare question to a prego.. lol
    Are you sarcastic? Who isn't?
    Tell us about your child(ren): I have one angel baby, 3-4-9 Alexandira Jessie G. She was still born at 37 weeks. And am currently cooking my second little one, am 24 weeks now and hope to hear this one cry, due June 22nd.
    Tell us something interesting about yourself:  Hmmmm not good at "bragging bout my self",    I have 6 brothers no sisters?? is that interesting? hmmmm yeah i dunno. lol
  • Name: Miss Reza

Are you named after anyone? Nope im an original. :)

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : March 11th.

Significant Other's Name: Leonard but he's not in the picture.

Hometown: *same*

Favorite/Least Favorite food: Favorite food is a turkey sandwhich or ice cream. Least, artichokes.

Are you sarcastic? Extremly, life is way to short to not make it comical!

Tell us about your child(ren): Well she will be here on June 10th and she loves to kick me at night..hehe.

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I love to sing, im no celiene dion but can carry a tune..haha!

• Name: Megan

I am not named after anyone

August 12th

Jacob

Homer Ak

Sterling Ak

Favorite food-Spaghetti, least fav.-seafood

I am not sarcastic.

I have one 8 month old baby girl and am expecting another child in November.

I figure skate. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Name: Amy 

Are you named after anyone? the book Little Women (my middle name is Beth, too!

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 11-8

Significant Other's Name:Zack

Hometown:Same!

Favorite/Least Favorite food:right now? Fav-bacon cheeseburgers from wendys/least favorite-chocolate

Are you sarcastic? too much

Tell us about your child(ren): This is my first!

Tell us something interesting about yourself:We are having the first grandchild on both sides of the family and our parents are going to be ridiculously excited!

• Name:Chandra

Are you named after anyone? My middle name is after my grandma who passed away when  my dad was 15

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) :04/19/1990

Significant Other's Name: Kade

Hometown:Hermiston OR

Favorite/Least Favorite food:Favorite food: Devil eggs(: Least Fav: Fish

Are you sarcastic? Very

Tell us about your child(ren):This is the first and he isnt due till July 1st

Tell us something interesting about yourself: Can i  pass?

• Name: Nichole (Nikki)

Are you named after anyone? Nope. My mom wanted me to be a boy and was going to name me Nicholas....

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) :12/24/84

Significant Other's Name: Tallun

Hometown: Silver Lake, Wa

Favorite/Least Favorite food: I love all food!!

Are you sarcastic? Extremely

Tell us about your child(ren): None yet.

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I'm a high risk pregnancy. Diagnosed with FVL and had 2 PE's in 7-09

• Name: KilleenAre you named after anyone?  My auntBirthday(leave off the year if you want :) : November 23Significant Other's Name: AdamLocation: Eielson AFB, AK (near Fairbanks)Hometown: North Plainfield, New Jersey/Poconos, PaFavorite/Least Favorite food: Not super picky, but allergic to seafood so I try to stay clear of it. I love anything chicken though!!Are you sarcastic? At times, yes.Tell us about your child(ren): None yet, expecting our first on January 16th :)Tell us something interesting about yourself: I have PCOS and TTC since 2008 and finally got my BFP on 05/10/10 thanks to IUI.
    New little one arriving in June 2015!
    No fertility care this time, and post cancer treatment! Hooray!
    Total Thyroidectomy for Papillary Thyroid Cancer in 2013
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2004. 
    Kaylin Rose conceived in 2010 by IUI, DOB January 01, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Name: Jami

Are you named after anyone: My grandfather (James Kimbrell)

Birthday: January 5, 1985

Significant Other's Name: Joe

Hometown: Athens, Georgia

Favorite/Least Favorite food:  Most favorite....PIZZA!!!!!!!  Least favorite....onions....

Are you sarcastic:  Most definitely!  Sometimes i have to bite my tongue because people don't know how to take me.....especially with my southern accent on top of it!

Tell about your children:  My husband and I are expecting our first one February 21, 2011

Something interesting about me:  I never know what to put here....I am a special education teacher....I have two dogs who are very much like miniature humans....i like to laugh a lot....i am usually surrounded by books.... 

• I was excited to see someone else from AK had posted that was due around the same time as me. A lot of these posts are old. I am due Dec 28 and live in Wasilla. Good luck with the pregnancy and congrats!
  • Congrats to you too!  This posting board is at the bottom of the "Alaska Babies" section so I sometimes forget to look down here!  There are a lot of newer posts from several of us that are due around the sound time!!!!
  • Name: Kassie  

Are you named after anyone? Nope

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :): 9-1-82

Significant Other's Name: Zach

Hometown: Aberdeen, WA

Favorite/Least Favorite food: I love Thanksgiving dinner.. no thank you on the Liver and onions.

Are you sarcastic? I can be, but no for the most part.

Tell us about your child(ren): I just had my first on 8-27-10 Her name is Makaia and she is the light of my life.

Tell us something interesting about yourself: I sing well, I didnt know I was pregnant til I was 29wks and 1 day.

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Name: KateAre you named after anyone? Great-great-great-grandmaBirthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 7/23Significant Other's Name: BillLocation: AnchorageHometown: Charlotte, NCFavorite/Least Favorite food: Good food/bad foodAre you sarcastic? YesTell us about your child(ren): Jack, 8 months oldTell us something interesting about yourself: I'm a little boring right now. :)  
  • Name: Amanda C

Are you named after anyone?  No

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : May 29

Significant Other's Name: Julius

Hometown:A small town in Michigan

Favorite/Least Favorite food: buttered noodles/ meat; but the problem is the squid wants to eat meat.

Are you sarcastic? me, sarcastic???

Tell us about your child(ren): we have a cat that is our current child

Tell us something interesting about yourself: something interesting about me could be i was never going to get married and was never going to have children and now i am both of them. i am also always reading and working with young adults with disabilities. and i have just finished my first full marathon, of which i was 4 months along.

• Name: Naomi

Are you named after anyone? Yep, My first and middle names are all from family

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 5/30

Significant Other's Name: Jason Location: Anchorage for now.... Eagle River eventually

Hometown: Ummm Any military base

Favorite/Least Favorite food: No particular favorites at this time, but that may be because this little girl has me sick every time I eat something.

Are you sarcastic? Nope, not at all Hmm

Tell us about your child(ren): 2 boys, girl on the way and a dog Big Smile

Tell us something interesting about yourself: Life needs to slow down... That is all Cool

• Name: BeckyAre you named after anyone? NopeBirthday(leave off the year if you want :) : 9/26Significant Other's Name:  BobbyLocation: AnchorageHometown: Smithfield, MaineFavorite/Least Favorite food: Italian, Fresh Fruit, Chocolate/Hot peppers, onions (only cuz I'm allergic to them)Are you sarcastic? I'm holding back...Tell us about your child(ren): Boy, age 7 1/2, Girl, almost 3 (my preemie, miracle baby), and another boy on the way, due May 12, 2011.Tell us something interesting about yourself: I just moved here from Maine this summer. My husband and I are looking for a place in the valley. I just graduated from college with a degree in Art Education K-12 and am finally state certified, so I will be looking for a position somewhere in the valley for next school year. Since I am new, I don't know anyone other than my husband's family, so this forum/board is a great way for me to meet other moms/moms-to-be in the area.
  • Name: Viola

Are you named after anyone? I am named after m great-aunt Vi, and my 2 grandmothers.

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) :August 21, 1982

Significant Other's Name: George

Hometown: My heart will always be in Chugiak, I miss that house!

Favorite/Least Favorite food: Tomatoes and McDonald's Big and Tasty's except while preggers cause the tomatoes arent agreeing with me :(

Are you sarcastic? never

Tell us about your child(ren): Jasmine is my first and my ex-husbands fourth child, she's gonna be an auntie in a couple weeks and a big sister in about 8 months. She's really excited.

Tell us something interesting about yourself: Anyone that knows me, knows I am a great friend until you screw it up.

• Name:Stephanie

Are you named after anyone? Yep, both of my Grandfathers

Birthday(leave off the year if you want :) : Sept 7th

Significant Other's Name: Layne

Hometown:Consider Anchorage home.

Favorite/Least Favorite food: any food that stays down is good :)

Are you sarcastic? Yes

Tell us about your child(ren): have 1 fur baby who's 8 (dog named Auska) and have one on the way! A little girl.

Tell us something interesting about yourself:  I am pretty darn boring.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"