3rd Trimester

Tips for relieving back pain?

In the last week or two, my back has starting hurting more (and more frequently). I know it's probably just part of the process, but wondered if anyone has any tips that help them? I've tried to look into stretches, but they all see akward/not helpful since I have this belly.

And this is very first tri of me, but can we use heating pads?

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tips for relieving back pain?

• Stretching and yoga have been really helpful for me though I have had to modify some poses. Heating pad is wonderful and my OB said it's fine to use.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Lots of hands-and-knees positioning, and when you sit- sit on an exercise ball!

Also, spinningbabies.com

• Loading the player...
  • My massage therapist last week showed me some yoga-like stretches. She also be sure you are stretching out your hamstrings; she said tight hamstrings can lead to a tight back. Also, watch your posture.
  • Is it your upper or lower back?  A great upper back stretch for me is to lean your forearm against a wall with your feet maybe 3 feet out from the wall, or however far out is comfortable.  Then turn your upper body like you're looking over your shoulder.  Repeat on the other side.
  • Yoga (cat pose does wonders) and the exercise ball have been great for me.  And heating pads are okay. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"