2nd Trimester

Week 15 and still no weight gain...

Should I be concerned? I keep weighing myself and I am still at my pre-pregnancy weight - 133lb. I eat when I'm hungry.. not a lot though - it seems I get full fast. I am turned off to meat but I try to eat some. Any suggestions?

Re: Week 15 and still no weight gain...

• At that point a lot of people are still losing weight. You sound just like me around that time. I started gaining around week 20 and now I've gained 10 lbs. You'll be fine.

• Oh good... thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I will say the meat thing hasn't changed much. I don't go running away by the smell of it anymore but I don't really have a desire to eat it much. Of course I have NO aversions to chocolate. Oh well!

• I was the same way - not as hungry as used to be, get full fast. I just now gained a pound at the end of my 18th week. As long as you're eating when you're hungry and making good food choices, no worries according to my doctor. I read online that some doctors encourage a Carnation Instant Breakfast drink as a snack in the afternoon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was also the same way.  I did not gain my first pound until this week during week 19.  It just takes longer for some people. 

Cole Alexander 6.9.10
  • I have aversions to chocolate! I guess its not a bad thing but I am missing some of my favorites!
  • I think it's normal.  I didn't gain any weight until about 21 weeks and I am just now back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lost about 8-9 lbs in the first trimester, and I haven't gained any of it back yet.  I get full fast too, and I'm turned off by a lot of foods.  Don't worry, your baby will get what it needs from you, PNVs will fill in the gaps, and pretty soon you'll be able to eat more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've only gained 3lbs, lost 6 at the beginning. So it's totally normal.... I didn't start gaining until about 16ish weeks
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • I had the same situation. I ate whenever I was hungry and still hadn't put on any weight.. finally at around 16 weeks, the same time I got my bump, I put on about 2 lbs, now I'm up 11 lbs prepreg weight (at 20w3d). I wouldn't worry!
  • It's normal. I haven't gained or lost just stayed the same. My belly is bigger but that's it. The info from my Dr says you should only gain 3-5lbs in the 1st tri. Don't worry if your Dr isn't concerned then I'm sure it's fine. 
  • i could have written this post, i am 15 weeks and have not gained anything either, i do the same, eat when hungry but eat no meat at all either. i like meat just not now. when i was pg with dd i had already gained a few pounds by now. i am sure that everything is fine. gl
  • Don't worry!  I'm at 21 weeks and finally gained back 2 of the 10 pounds I lost in the 1st tri.  I also finally got my appetite back after all food seemed to sound disgusting to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's perfectly fine.  I'm still BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight ( at 21 weeks) and my doctor says everything is okay.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I also lost weight in the first trimester, and I started gaining it back about week 19. I'm still below my prepreg weight.
    Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • At 16 weeks I only gained 2lbs...so no worries:) But now I'm up 15, lol.
  • Thank you! I've now gained 3 pounds and I'm at 19 weeks although that was from last weekend... I'll go on my wii fit later tonight and see if its any more :)
  • I didn't gain anything until I was 21 weeks, and even now I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I am 21 weeks and have only gained about 2 lbs. At week 15 I hadn't gained any. Everyone is different especially in height and build. I am very tall and not underweight and not significantly overweight either. My midwife said everything is normal and there are no problems. Besides you don't want to gain too much too fast anyway. Just ask your doctor or midwife to see what they think.
  • Well I'm up to 6lbs now (at 20 weeks) :) and my midwife isn't concerned at all. She said I should be happy about it! I really don't want to get huge anyway. I'll probably work until about 37 weeks... although I haven't completely decided yet :)
  • At 15 weeks I had only gained 1 pound.  My Dr. asked me if I was eating less than usual!  She seemed a bit concerned but really, I was eating normally, if not a little bit more.  I'm anxious to see if I gained any more at my next appointment (2 weeks) because I've been trying to eat more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"