Baby Names

I would love your advice on these names!!

I am 15 weeks pregnant today and my husband and I are pretty sure we have the names picked out for our baby. We find out the sex on Feb. 2 so we picked a boy and girl name. We don't agree on much but we finally agreed on a set for both sexes. What do you all of think of

Jaxon Matthew for a boy

Zoey Elizabeth for a girl

Matthew is my husbands name and Elizabeth is my middle name so the middle names are set in stone! Thanks for your advice!

Re: I would love your advice on these names!!

• Oh I forgot to mention that we have a 3 year old son named Trevor James and I like different not so common names. But not off the wall or too old fashioned!
  • I would spell Jackson the right way. Spelling it with an X doesn't make it "unique." Other than that, I like them :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Please spell it Jackson and not Jaxon.

It's a really popular name but it's a great name.

I like Zoe but not Zoey.

• At one point Jaxon (spelled the same way you have it) was one my short list. We were going to call him Jax. So many people said so many negative things about the name and spelling. Truthfully, I am glad they because they were just being honest. There are so many Jack/Jackson/Jaxon's out there that I am SO glad we did not go with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLVila:
    I would spell Jackson the right way. Spelling it with an X doesn't make it "unique." Other than that, I like them :o)

I know a kid named Jaxon but it is in reference to this cartoonist:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaxon

• Jaxon is ridiculous but the rest of the names are nice.
  • LOVE Zoey (or Zoe)!!!!
  • I would spell it Jackson, but anyway, that is a VERY common name now.  I know multiple little boys named Jackson. 
  • Wow! I didn't realize how common it is honestly. I live in Mississippi and it's not common here at all. Thanks for the advice! I love the name but I don't want a common name so I will consider something different!
  • I love Zoey Elizabeth!!

Jackson is too trendy for my taste and Jaxon is too youneeke....DH and I are fairly young parents, we only have a few friends with kids, but two of them are Jackson and one is Jaxon....that's, like, 1/4 of the boys we know!

• Well, Jaxon isn't very different if you like different names but I prefer it spelled Jackson. I love Zoey

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• My husband likes Madden but I'm not too sure about it. I like Kyler but he doesn't! ;) What do you think of those?
  • I would avoid Jaxon.
  • While common, I like Jackson.  HATE jaxon.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I know someone who's first and middle names are Trevor James! I like it. I just can't use Trevor because of an ex.

Um, Zoey is good (I prefer Zoe), but Jaxon is not. It's Jackson. Even then it's NMS.

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Your name choices are fine in general, but I hate the spelling of 'Jaxon'.
  • My concern with Zoey Elizabeth - while both good names on their own (though I do prefer the spelling Zoe), I think it's awkward when one name ends and the next begins with the same sound.  It becomes zoeylizabeth... Like Clay Aiken - that bugged me, I always just called him Claykin.
  • Yes
  • imagemeplusone:

Please spell it Jackson and not Jaxon.

It's a really popular name but it's a great name.

I like Zoe but not Zoey.

This.

If you're going to use a name, spell it the correct way.  Jackson and Zoe.  They're both great names!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Like your girl name, but prefer Zoe.

Hate Jaxon regardless of the spelling. 

• I'm basis to Jackson. Jackson Matthew is nice. It doesn't matter if if's too trendy or not long as you like it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"