Baby Showers

Baby Sprinkles...whats tacky?

My friend has offered to throw me a baby sprinkle, which I'm excited about. However is it acceptable to register for these things? I have heard it is, but only for teh stuff you need....I don't really need much of anything as this is #2 and we're reusing pretty much EVERYTHING accept nursery furniture/decor and a few other big ticket items ( double stroller) which we're obviously buying. I could really use diapers/wipes/formula "donations" and random little stuff ( few new bottles,bath soaps, few baby oufits new bouncy seat as DD#1's got trashed...). Is it ok to only ask for those things or is it tacky to ask for diapers/wipes/formula? Would my guests look at me sideways? 

Re: Baby Sprinkles...whats tacky?

• I would go ahead and make a registry.  If people ask if youre registered you can point them the way, or if they ask what you need you can tell them.  But, I wouldnt be the one to start that conversation
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If I were on board with these, which I'm not, I would not expect the mother to register.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i'm hosting a baby sprinkle on sunday and the mom to be registered.  mostly for diapers, wipes, bottles...the necessities.  i would do it just so you have somewhere to point people who ask.
    So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageocho2002:

If I were on board with these, which I'm not, I would not expect the mother to register.

Why wouldn't you be on board for a "sprinkle"?

OP: Don't register. If you want have your friend call it a "diaper shower", or just put on the invites that diapers and wipes would be preferable gifts, if any.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In my family we have sprinkles, the mom registers so we know what she wants, but its what you said basic stuff. And extra carseat, a double stroller and then mostly just a few bibs and stuff and then diapers and wipes.
  • If you need it put it down, people choose what to buy when you register, and whatever they dont get you can. Registerys are there to help people get an idea of what you need and want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"