3rd Trimester

Anyone else awake-12:55am and can't sleep-ughhh!

I cannot sleep at all, been trying for over 2 hours now!  I think I just have a lot on my mind.  I had my 36 week appointment today and found out I am 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  2 weeks ago my doctor estimated my baby to be 5 1/2 pounds, and today she said she's probably more like 7.  I also gained 5 pounds since my last appointment so obviously the baby did grow. My doctor still for some reason thinks I'll have a 7 and 1/2 pound baby, but I argued with her a little and she said well I could be off by a pound.  So, I went ahead and scheduled an induction for my due date just in case, however I have a strong feeling I will go into labor the week after next for some reason..just a hunch I guess.

Now I'm trying to get everything done in a hurry, wash the clothes/toys, pack my bag, run all my errands.  Taking care of everything just in case....sorry I'm awake and nothing to do-I realize I'm just rambling. 

Re: Anyone else awake-12:55am and can't sleep-ughhh!

• I'm up...can't sleep because my nose is so stuffy.  DH will be home from work soon and then I'll force myself to sleep.
  • It's 4:00am here and I am still up. I'm always up at this time, I can never sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, everyone says sleep now since you won't be able to later....guess we're getting warmed up to the idea early.
  • I'm still up, I'm at the point where my belly is making it more difficult to breath. I have asthma too and its hard for me to tell if I need to take my inhaler or if its just my big ol' belly. Soooo frustrating, you dont want to use medication you dont need! Ohh and the heartburn is killing me.
  • trust me i know how you feel the heartburn is killing me too.I can't wait to hold my baby girl in my arms. But yes the heartburn and the leg cramps and the back pain and the difficulty breathing.

imagePhotobucketSelect and Copy your Ticker Code bellow.imagebaby development pregnancy calendar

• I can't seem to sleep more than 3 hours at a time. If I wake, I just get up...no more staring at the ceiling for an hour at a time. I've tried quiet stuff like drawing or reading the Bible. Lately, I've figured out that I'm hungry and need to eat some protein and complex carbs...once I've done that, I go right back to sleep and NO reflux. So at 3am the other day, I woke my hubby up by cooking some BBQ chicken breast and a loaded baked potato...I think I'm going to have to do that again today, that sounds gooooood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"