3rd Trimester

Elders...how often are you having sex?

My OB said we should start, "the 3 S's...lots of shopping, sex and spicy foods to start labor". So we had sex 3 times this week to soften the cervix, but are hoping to ramp it up even more next week since I'll be officially 37 weeks. Just don't know how much it "lots". If you are trying to start labor, how often are you doing the deed?

Re: Elders...how often are you having sex?

• I am so going to tell my husband that shopping brings on labor, LOL. I'll just leave out the part where it's all the walking that actually does it!

I'm not doing anything yet to try and jumpstart labor.

• ugh, i'd rather do my taxes standing on my head.  dh is getting no love.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sex? What is that?
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we're trying for at least every day just because I'm so desperate to be done, but believe me it ain't easy or pretty haha
  • We're not.  DH got freaked out when the CNM felt the baby's head (I'm at 3-4cm) at my appt. last week. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im not trying to start labor yet (only 29wks) so I cant really help you with that but I certainly know Im not getting it enough! lol 
  • DH won't have sex with me, he told me it's too weird now.  I said we can turn off the lights, I'll lay on my side so he doesn't see my belly, whatever it takes but he still won't.  I just want sex, not to jumpstart labor or anything, it's just been way too long.
  • DH refuses to have sex with me now. My OB said the baby's head was very low and could feel the top of it, and when I told DH, he said sex was now out of the question. I tried to convince him that sex is perfectly acceptable now and there is no way he could hurt the baby, but he's too freaked out. I'm dying for it at this point, and of course, now I can't have it. *sigh*
  • Every day, sometimes twice a day. I've been doing my part of the 3 S's and so far, nothing!
  • imageALG29:
    DH won't have sex with me, he told me it's too weird now.  I said we can turn off the lights, I'll lay on my side so he doesn't see my belly, whatever it takes but he still won't.  I just want sex, not to jumpstart labor or anything, it's just been way too long.
    I feel your pain. :(
  • Not an elder yet but we're doing it right around three times a week.  Not sure if that will be enough to soften the cervix but we'll see!
  • imageALG29:
    DH won't have sex with me, he told me it's too weird now.  I said we can turn off the lights, I'll lay on my side so he doesn't see my belly, whatever it takes but he still won't.  I just want sex, not to jumpstart labor or anything, it's just been way too long.

THIS TO A TEE!!!   Angry

• Whenever I want to get it on, DH gives me a very sweet smile and then proceeds to hug and kiss me - but NO sex AT ALL. He's just too terrified of doing something wrong. If I weren't so tired by end of day, I would smack him.

• I am already 90% effaced... so will sex even help me??

DH will GLADLY do "the deed" with me, but by the time he gets home/we eat dinner, I am exhausted!!!

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would consider "lots" of sex to be at least every day. That was our goal (though we did miss a day here and there), so far, it's done nothing for me.
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"