3rd Trimester

I am definitely having a c-section..

I was given the option...because they said my baby boy was measuring big since day one..

I decided to go with the c-section...because I like to have a date in mind, and if he comes before we will just go natural..Also I have hemorroids and they are no fun..I hear they can burst, become worse while pushing..and I do not want that..

So flame if you want but I made my decision to have a c-section..

Also I have many friends who have had positive experiences..so I know I will be fine plus my doctor is fantabulous ...yes I know that is not a word..

I will walk ASAP afterwards..I will have a spinal..I will breastfeed...I will take my pain meds..I will have help at home (my hubby and my mom)..and I will be fine..

Re: I am definitely having a c-section..

• No flames here.  I don't really see the issue if you trust your docs and your  baby is measuring big. Smile As if having a baby is any less miraculous or important if you don't do it one specific way!  GL.
  • Congrats on your baby! I just had a c-section 2 days ago so no flames here! Remember to take it easy afterwards! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies... I am very excited..The date is Monday February 1st...

3 weeks away...and how the time will fly..This week flew by for me

• No flames here. I think as long as you are educated and informed going in, it should be your decision.

Good luck!

• Congrats!  Sounds like a lot of thought went into this decision, and it's nobody's business judging it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!!! I was gonna go natural this time and my mom said "Don't be stupid like me! Get an epidural and enjoy your baby's birth!" If it doesn't hurt I won't worry about it but if it gets too painful then I'll get one! :D your baby is a miracle no matter HOW it gets here!
  • If I may ask, how big do they estimate your baby to be?  

I've also been told that my baby is measuring big.     He measured 7 pounds, 10 ounces at 37 weeks.    I'm scheduled to be induced this coming Monday (41 weeks) and am nervous about his size.   I was not given an option for a c-section.   I have a doctors appt. tomorrow at which time I will bring up the size again and c-section option.  It may just be my nerves kicking in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Congrats! I had a vag and a c/s, and the c/s recovery for me was actually better. You're right, as soon as your cath is out, get up, and get them to get you something to eat. My advice though...ask your dr if he will do an on-q pain management system...it's a ball of meds with a tube that leads directly to your incision site. I did not have to take oral pain meds at all (except ibuprofen), so no constipation or nausea for me. It worked wonders. Good luck :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Making lefse at the cabin **Scott 6/8/96** **Avery 7/24/08** **Brendan 7/15/10**
  • imagemrsrose16:
    Congrats! I had a vag and a c/s, and the c/s recovery for me was actually better. You're right, as soon as your cath is out, get up, and get them to get you something to eat. My advice though...ask your dr if he will do an on-q pain management system...it's a ball of meds with a tube that leads directly to your incision site. I did not have to take oral pain meds at all (except ibuprofen), so no constipation or nausea for me. It worked wonders. Good luck :)

Thanks for that information..I will inquire about on-q pain management system..i never heard of that..

• imageReniaB:

If I may ask, how big do they estimate your baby to be?  

I've also been told that my baby is measuring big.     He measured 7 pounds, 10 ounces at 37 weeks.    I'm scheduled to be induced this coming Monday (41 weeks) and am nervous about his size.   I was not given an option for a c-section.   I have a doctors appt. tomorrow at which time I will bring up the size again and c-section option.  It may just be my nerves kicking in.

I was told he is on his way to being over 8lbs..which I thought was not too big but they said that could mean 9lbs...I am still having an ultrasound again on the 18th...to check him out again but regardless the c-section is on and scheduled..

• I had a bad Cesarean experience with my older DS but I will not flame you for this decision.  I do have some advice, though-

1. Consider going into labor first- the hormones really are good for the baby.

2. Read up on the potential complications. Understand that there are risks to your fertility and future pregnancies, if you want more kids- it's not just about this baby.  Consider asking your doctor to do a double-layer closure on your uterus.  It lessens the risk of your scar rupturing in the future- whether during another pregnancy, or if you do decide to try for a VBAC later. 

3. Ask in advance how they plan to close your skin incision- I had steri-strips and healed well- I hear staples are a biotch.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"