Minnesota Babies

Pregnancy Massage Recommendations...

Hi Ladies, at my last appointment the doctor recommended massage to help with the headaches I've been having.  She said to be sure to get a pregnancy massage.  Does anybody have experience with getting a pregnancy massage in the metro area?  If so, please share...TIA!
bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
The Bump MoM Recipe Collection

Re: Pregnancy Massage Recommendations...

• I got one at Spalon Montage in Edina and it was AMAZING!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I got one at Salon Ultimo in Woodbury. It's a great idea!! If you've been to a masseuse before that you liked, check and see if they have prenatal massage, it seems like many do. Good luck with the headaches!
    DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gone to Healing Waters in White Bear Lake.  It was worth every penny. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had one when I was pg at JUUT Southdale.  It was fantastic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • massage envy-introductory massage is $39 plus tax (granted they will give you membership info, but they don't press you to join).   loved mine so much that i did join!!!   and have had 3 prenatal massages that rocked my world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • check into any chiropractic center or physical therapy (if dr. writes a prescription) insurance may cover??   our hospital has a massage therapist in the physical therapy department and even without it being covered was less than a spa.   granted the setting wasn't spa like, but still very relaxing!
  • I went to Blooma in Edina for a prenatal massage and it was wonderful!  The woman's name was Stacy and it was worth every penny!

• While pregnant I had one at Massage Envy in Eden Prairie, it was good, but not great. I had an amazing massage at Life Balance in Waconia with Kathy, I believe. I got to lay on your belly, which hadn't been done in such a long time, that alone felt fantastic. At Massage Envy (at least in EP) I was on my side and actually walked away with a kink in my neck the way they had me laying down.
  • Kari at Blooma is fantastic! 
  • I actually got one at the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis. It is only $40 for an hour and you just tell them how far along you are and they set up the table to accommodate your belly.  It was awesome and cheap!

• I had one over Xmas - it was awesome! Spalon Montage - Mary.

I want to go back!!

• I had several prenatal massages at Bodywise in Crystal.  They were all amazing.  If you do go, ask for Damian.  He is the greatest!

• Linda Posthumus (ignore the off-putting last name) in Eden Prairie is amazing, and she is specially trained in prenatal massage.  She's also a doula.  I also like that she is independent.  For a little extra, she may come to  you.  Her website is www.MassageHealingArtsCenter.com .

For anyone getting massage, be sure to tell the therapist that you're pregnant.  There are triggerpoints that can cause pre-term labor.

• Linda Posthumus (ignore the off-putting last name) in Eden Prairie is amazing, and she is specially trained in prenatal massage.  She's also a doula.  I also like that she is independent.  For a little extra, she may come to  you.  Her website is www.MassageHealingArtsCenter.com .

For anyone getting massage, be sure to tell the therapist that you're pregnant.  There are triggerpoints that can cause pre-term labor.

• emeigh(amy) or june at spalon montage in woodbury, 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"