Trying to Get Pregnant

OPK Question...

What is you all's opinion of this type of product? How does it work? Any info. please. I have had a rough few days. It's the worst when you think this time you are pregnant and then you start cramping. Sorry about the sob story, I just need to vent and get some information and maybe a new avenue to go down.

Re: OPK Question...

• I'm not sure what you want to know.

I like them.  They work.  They can be inexpensive depending on where you order them from.  They do not ensure that you will get KU.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You should check out fertilityfriend.com and think about charting to help pinpoint ovulation.

Also, Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book.

Yes, OPKs do work.  I recommend the first response ones your first time around because they are easier to read.  I'd then switch to the internet cheapies after you get the hang of reading them.

GL

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you charting your basal body temperature and cervical fluids? (you will hear this a lot)

OPKs will only tell you that ovulation is possible and you can get several positive OPKs in one cycle. And it doesn't mean that you actually ovulated. However, if you are charting, you can get a better idea of what's going on. In which case, OPKs are a nice additional piece of information.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I get the internet cheap OPKs. They're the "pee in a cup" kind. They can predict ovulation, but they're not perfect.

Good luck.

• Thanks for the link, it has a lot of good information. This is so crazy, I work at an equine reprodution lab and it seems so easy getting the horses pregos...but when it comes to my own reproduction health/future I am failing miserably.
  • imagekensnyder:
    Thanks for the link, it has a lot of good information. This is so crazy, I work at an equine reprodution lab and it seems so easy getting the horses pregos...but when it comes to my own reproduction health/future I am failing miserably.

How long have you been trying?  Are you charting yet?

• I have been charting recently, and we have been trying for coming on a year or so. Everything checks out as far as both of us are reproductivly sound, our family history on both sides are very positive. Both of our mothers conceived very easily. My cycle is like clock work. There are times now when I think I am just over thinking this whole thing and need to relax.
  • imagekensnyder:
    I have been charting recently, and we have been trying for coming on a year or so. Everything checks out as far as both of us are reproductivly sound, our family history on both sides are very positive. Both of our mothers conceived very easily. My cycle is like clock work. There are times now when I think I am just over thinking this whole thing and need to relax.

That may be true for you, but that is not a strongly supported sentiment around here.  More often than not, reproductive issues take more than relaxing.  I am on cycle #14 and like you, everything checks out with both DH and me.  There are no issues on either side of our family either.  My cycle is also pretty reliable and through the use of charting and OPKs, my RE was able to see that I am ovulating on a regular basis.

I liked having all of this information.  Our RE complimented us on how organized we had everything and said that it made it easier to proceed.  He was able to look at our timing of sex along with use of OPKs and temp shifts.  I would recommend giving OPKs a try in combination with temping.  Like others have said, it will not guarantee that you are Oing but will at least tell you that your body is gearing up to do so.

GL!

• Thank you all for all the support and a little crack in the ass! I need to get off the cry baby wagon...off to bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"