Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

10 Days Old - Choking on Bottle

My little guy has found a new way to scare me.  I feed him breast milk from a bottle (Playtex bottle with a slow flow nipple) and every so often he'll start gasping like he is choking, or he'll just stop breathing entirely and then make choking sounds.  I've been trying to burp him frequently and feed him in a sitting up position, but besides that, what else can I do to stop the coughing/choking?  It scares the heck out of me when it happens.
Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

Re: 10 Days Old - Choking on Bottle

• Options
    Most babies do that as they learn to suckle from a bottle. It's a lot faster than a breast!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My baby did it even with the breast! 
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagechloephoebecali:
    My baby did it even with the breast! 

LOL! Yes, this is true too. My LO chokes if the letdown is really forceful. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My Little guy does that sometimes too. He has gotten better about it though. He's almost 3 weeks old now. I use the same kind of bottles and nipples. It can be scary but my doc said not to worry about it. Most of the time I can't even pull the bottle out to pat his back and he's over it and sucking again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"