1st Trimester

please make me feel better

Ok, I just realized that the face soap that I bought DH has salicylic acid in it.  I usually use a natural soup for myself but have been using this off and on since it's an exfoliator (sp?).  Now I am worried.  I don't leave it on long at all (I wash my face in the shower) but I am worried.  Thoughts?

Re: please make me feel better

• not a big deal, especially since you did not have it on long. If you are really worried about it, you can call the hospital and talk to a nurse and talk about it. No worries.

• Any over the counter facial soap is pretty much ok, according to many doctors.  Just stop using it now if you're worried, but I wouldn't stress about it.  You'll be surprised at how many things you find out you did "wrong" in pregnancy.  I have a long list that I freaked out about, but my baby is looking great and growing normally.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure you are fine. You were not using it that long.

• I wouldn't worry.  I never stopped using my face wash but I did stop using anything that absorbed into my skin or was left on my face for an extended period of time.
  • I asked my dr about this and she said most of the stuff you buy over the counter is fine.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • But salicylic acid is another no-no for pregnant women. High doses of the acid in its oral form have been shown in studies to cause birth defects and various pregnancy complications.

Again, doctors are being cautious by recommending that pregnant women avoid the topical use of salicylic acid. Small amounts applied to the skin ? such as a salicylic acid-containing toner used once or twice a day ? are considered safe, says Johnson.

But the concern is stronger about face and body peels containing salicylic acid. "This kind of 'soaking' in the ingredient is similar to taking one or more aspirin when pregnant," she explains.

Love multiplies it doesn't divide!!
    <a href="http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae238/MaMaSiBs/?action=view
  • As long as you didn't eat it you are fine. This is one of those things that is major hype and pretty unnecessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"