2nd Trimester

I don't care if you ate a lb of bologna a day and you LO was just fine.

Yes I am not in first tri, I know a lot of people are tired of the lunch meat debate. I'm a vegetarian and I do not even eat lunch meat. I simply wanted to know if tofurky was a listeria risk as well since google was not being much help to me. I did not intend to start a debate on the dangers of lunch meat vs. my child was fine logic. My mother smoke and drank with me and I guess I'm ok, but that doesn't mean I'll partake of those things with my LO. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I don't care if you ate a lb of bologna a day and you LO was just fine.

• I think it's the packaging process that gives that causes the build-up of listeria.  You can also get listeria from canned foods.
  • Loading the player...
  • Was it necessary to start a whole new thread about this?
  • imageLovePink2850:
    Was it necessary to start a whole new thread about this?

My thought exactly.

• imageLovePink2850:

Not just the thread per se, but the way the thread was worded. Geez. Calm down. 

• imageemily0829:

imageLovePink2850:

I'm actually pretty mellow, but this thread is really pointless. She could have easily stated her intentions in her old post. As OP stated, people are tired of the lunchmeat debate. First tri is a good place for that. :)
  • People on here sometimes just read what they want and answer what they want.  I don't know anything about tofu or what kind of risk it may present.  I just wish that all of those women who are on the other discussion would have just said they didn't know instead of using your question as a sounding board for their own agenda.  Sorry you had to go through that when all you wanted was an answer to a question.
  • I missed the debate & I tend to avoid lunchmeat while pregnant, but I HATE the "Im ok" argument with a passion.

Our grandparents didnt use carseats & yea our parents made it, but a lot of children didn't.

• imageemily0829:

imageLovePink2850:

Agreed.  I don't think the first tri comment or any others about peoples' opinions on such choices were directed at you / the OP.  It's kinda the nature of message boards that these "discussions" develop, no big deal.

• This is one of my biggest peeves. If you have a concern call your doctor...don't get huffy when you don't like the answers you get on here. Eat lunch meat, don't eat lunch meat no one really cares (it is your pregnancy you need to do what you feel is right.)
  • imagemommyrenee:

I missed the debate & I tend to avoid lunchmeat while pregnant, but I HATE the "Im ok" argument with a passion.

Our grandparents didnt use carseats & yea our parents made it, but a lot of children didn't.

ha ha THIS. 

<3 Mommy to Markhas Aiden 10-4-06 Born at 29 weeks & Spontaneous Twins, Mackayla Grace and Braylon Deion 3-12-10 Born at 36 weeks 1 day <3 <a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/sejabernathy/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg" target="_blank">PhotobucketMY B.L.O.G. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa> Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What is the big deal? It simply turned into a discussion and I don't believe anything was directed at you in a negative way.
  • thumbs up to the OP.  everyone uses any question on here to tell you the 12 reasons why whatever they are doing is the best and only way to do things even if it doesn't answer your question.  it gets really annoying.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"