3rd Trimester

Things I know now, thanks to pregnancy

I was thinking about this the other day.  I have learned so much random crap in the last 8 or so months with regard to consumer products.  I'm sure I'm not alone.

What I've learned during the course of pregnancy:

• Preparation H cream doesn't work, but it has a pain reliever in it that can be key at critical times.
  • Carefree pantiliners don't stick to jack squat.  Always brand sticks to everything.
  • The Pepcid AC box says you can take no more than 2 pills a day, but doesn't give you a minimum time lapse between pills.
  • Flesh-colored Breathe Right nasal strips have better adhesive than the clear ones do.
  • Baby powder prevents crotch rot.

What have you discovered?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Things I know now, thanks to pregnancy

• hahahahaha

I've discovered that there is no product out there that relieves m/s...despite the commercials that say they do. And...you will never love tums as much as you do during those first few months of your pregnancy.

• I can't think if any, but you made me laugh!
    Finally after 15 months and 2 IUI's we have our gorgeous baby boy! Born Nov. 13th @ 9:09am after 29 hours of labor! 6 lbs 1 oz 20 inches long Lilypie Third Birthday tickers My little angel born Jan 9th, 2010 at 9:54pm after 25 hours of labor! 7lbs 4 oz 20 inches long Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That if you're still puking at 36+ weeks, you will start to pee yourself literally EVERY SINGLE TIME you throw up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I'm going to love this thread. I don't have anything to add, but I'll be back later to read the responses.
  • LOL...I cant think of anything to add...other than preparation H works great on mosquito bites!  :)
  • I've learned to brace yourself when it's time to sneeze or you WILL have an accident.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You're right, prep h DOESN'T work. But Tucks Pads with whitch hazel are my BFF.

• imageJeni182:

You're right, prep h DOESN'T work. But Tucks Pads with whitch hazel are my BFF.

I'm glad to hear this - because I've thought a ton about buying Tucks, just never have.

• that the Neti pot really did prove its greatness during pregnancy colds and fixing snoring problems!
  • There is NO CREAM that prevents stretch marks.  It's all lies.

Size K bras do exist.  Unfortunately.

I never knew the meaning of junk mail until the baby people found me.

• Thankfully, even during pregnancy, coffee can still "get things moving!"

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Tums first few months of pregnancy?! Haha - I pop those suckers like my life depends on them. 

• This thread is funny!

I learned that FDS is not only for old ladies! It works, I love it, and will continue to use it probably during summers and work outs!

I learned that even water can aggravate your acid reflux!

I learned exactly how annoying it is when someone who is NOT pregnant comments on my hormonal pregnancy outbursts.

I learned that there are some things that I don't really want to discuss with dh. He just has no interest in discussing mp's & watery discharge. I don't understand why? LOL.

• imageerinkate23:

There is NO CREAM that prevents stretch marks.  It's all lies.

Size K bras do exist.  Unfortunately.

I never knew the meaning of junk mail until the baby people found me.

This too.

• imageshimmerairbrush:

I learned exactly how annoying it is when someone who is NOT pregnant comments on my hormonal pregnancy outbursts.

Ooh yes.  Can I add "People say some really stupid and downright rude sh!t to pregnant women?"

• I've learned what heartburn feels like.  Had seen the Heartburn ads for YEARS, but never knew what the heck it was.  Now, I'm the poster child for Zantac.

I've also learned that Tums are as useful to heartburn as Smarties candies are.

• imageNeverKnew:
    imageshimmerairbrush:

Ooh yes.  Can I add "People say some really stupid and downright rude sh!t to pregnant women?"

Yes you can! And how you have never come so close as to REALLY punching someone for doing so...even though in the past you've always thought about doing it?

• I've learned:

~Getting out of the tub after a bath is damn near impossible at 37 wks!

~Having morning sickness and being allergic to wheat really sucks (think no soda crackers in the morning!)

~I'll try anything after a few weeks of morning sickness, including sea bands, which didn't really work....

~ To brace myself when I laugh :P

• My lessons aren't necessarily about consumer products, but here's what i've learned:

1. if you're craving something, don't buy the economy size because tomorrow that same food may turn your stomach.

2. the further along you are, the more your plans revolve around the availability of a clean restroom.

3. don't get into the bathtub when no one else is home, or you may start to prune.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've also learned that even though I don't know the slightest thing about raising a baby and keeping a baby alive, I'll sure as become an expert as soon as my MIL starts opening her fat mouth on how I need to be raising MY baby. 
  • I never knew how much better I sleep on my stomach.

I never knew how bad my coirkers smelled.

I never knew I could get so mad that I would almost get out of my car to beat up an old lady for honking at me while at a stop sign. (Although, she would have deserved it, the witch!)

• How most people have no filter on what to say to a hormonal pregnant woman. And that usually the dumbest comments come from those who already children, which is kind of scary.

How pooping can be such a relief and a big event of the day!

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Gas station attendents LOVE helping out a husband on a midnight run for Sprite and crackers.

People LOVE to tell the most horrific pregnancy stories about their "friend's cousin's ex roommate who died in child birth.."

Even running shoes are not comfortable in the third trimester.

I'll be damned, your feet do grow during pregnancy!

Snoogle is my new best friend.  

Your pelvic bone can and will shift, and it REALLY HURTS

Nipples can grow to an amazing size and turn various shades of blue and purple! 

image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNeverKnew:

• Carefree pantiliners don't stick to jack squat.  Always brand sticks to everything.

Umm yeah so..... a couple weeks ago I had a pantiliner go AWOL on me somewhere between the gym, home, my friend's house, and the bank....

Embarrassed

• imagernfromtn:

Gas station attendents LOVE helping out a husband on a midnight run for Sprite and crackers.

People LOVE to tell the most horrific pregnancy stories about their "friend's cousin's ex roommate who died in child birth.."

Even running shoes are not comfortable in the third trimester.

I'll be damned, your feet do grow during pregnancy!

Snoogle is my new best friend.  

Your pelvic bone can and will shift, and it REALLY HURTS

Nipples can grow to an amazing size and turn various shades of blue and purple! 

Please tell me these go away. I may have to paint my nipples skin tone just to make them look less like dinner plates and back to the nickels they used to be. And man, can someone please tell whoever it is to stop pushing my leg bones out of their sockets???

• imageLuv-a-Bug:
    imageNeverKnew:

Umm yeah so..... a couple weeks ago I had a pantiliner go AWOL on me somewhere between the gym, home, my friend's house, and the bank....

Embarrassed

OMFG I almost peed myself reading that.  I can't tell you how many times I've pulled down my underwear and still had the damn pantyliner stuck to my crotch.  TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT.

• imageNeverKnew:
    imageLuv-a-Bug:
    imageNeverKnew:

Embarrassed

OMFG I almost peed myself reading that.  I can't tell you how many times I've pulled down my underwear and still had the damn pantyliner stuck to my crotch.  TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT.

Oh hell, there was a laugh out loud moment right there!

• 1. I've learned that I can survive months of puking every morning.

2. I've learned I can live without a glass of wine every once and a while.

3. I've learned my DH actually can do things around the house (he will be kicking himself about this later!!!!)

4. I've learned that the same three questions , when are you due? what are you having? and how are you feeling? can make me just as sick as M/S.

5. I've learned that I really don't care if my belly peeks out ( just a little) every once and a while cause I didn't spend a fortune on maternity clothes. This one is getting tougher and tougher though!

6. I've learned that my baby moving inside is the most beautiful and frustrating thing in the world. I worry if she isn't movng enough, is moving too much, or is moving differently than normal.

Baby number two! Coming soon! June 8th.
  • OMG! This thread is hilerious! Loving it!

- I can't reiterate all the Tums comments enough!

I'll add that now I understand what cankles really are.

I'll also say now I know why women are given the priviledge of having children....my DH cries if he has a stuffy nose. He tells me my back hurts and I look at him llike "did you seriously just tell ME that?" lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
    imageimageimage
    Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
    Click on the logo and ask me how!
  • imageshimmerairbrush:
    imageNeverKnew:
    imageLuv-a-Bug:
    imageNeverKnew:

Embarrassed

Oh hell, there was a laugh out loud moment right there!

Yeah... I was literally in panic mode for a good long while after that, wondering where it might have ended up..... Haha.

• I know now how much I hate advice from people who don't even have children.

I know now that TUMS don't keep working when you are reaching the finish line of pregnancy.

I know now that I really know absolutely nothing about birthing/raising a child!

• Discharge...I really wish someone would've told me about this.  I thought I was done with pantyliners for 9 months!

Tailbone pain...I really could've used this bit of info.

Inner thigh soreness and pubic bone soreness.  This hurts like hell! I feel like it's being used as a punching bag.

Definitely the hemorrhoids.

• tropical tums taste WAY better than the original assorted fruit tums.

sometimes those giant metameucil fiber capsules don't always stay down once you've swallowed them Ick!

i've learned to pay very close attention to the types of waistbands and leg holes my underpants have, because some are much less conducive to pregnancy than others. also-giant maternity underpants!!!

many major department stores do not even have maternity sections.

sales people are ridiculously helpful when you tell them "i am looking for a formal cocktail dress to wear at 7 1/2 months pregnant" and will 'bless your heart' more than once

putting socks and shoes on SUCKS

pregnancy makes you snore. and fart in your sleep.

• I recently learned that most men who've not spent much time around a pregnant lady immediately think of the movie Total Recall and ask if you've seen any body parts pushing out your belly.

Some people say stupid things, like calling you "fat" instead of pregnant when you're actually looking better than expected at 8 months.

During MS, DH should have a written list of exactly what you think you can keep down if he's making the store run. Fresca does not substitute for Sprite. And crackers should be plain, not flavored.

Some people will be completely sensitive to your need for a cooler temp while others will disregard your comfort and make you so hot you get a heat rash on your hands!

Your mom will be mad if you don't buy every product she suggests.

• I have learned that......

1. Tums, Mylanta, and Prilosec do not do ANYTHING to help preganancy heartburn. I just have to suck it up!!

2. everyone has an opinion on how you should raise your unborn child

3. even though I complain that I don't get any sleep and I am crabby because baby is ALWAYS moving 24/7...it is the BEST feeling in the world and I will miss it dearly.

4. I shouldn't decorate during pregnancy. I became pretty much colorblind and DH had to repaint the den 3 times and the nursery twice (oh - because I wouldn't listen to him when he told me I would hate the color I chose).

I'm sure there are more....but those are the top 4.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I now know that:

- The Duggar mom is either crazy or a glutton for punishment..how could someone want to go through this crap 19 times?

- It really sucks not being able to see your bikini area w/out the use of multiple mirrors strategically alligned so that you can trim

- That is is possible to sleep for 15 hours straight and still be tired

- That a DVR is a total must have when your bedtime is 7:30

• imagekatie.i.do:

tropical tums taste WAY better than the original assorted fruit tums.

Oh definitely.  And Tums 1000 are sooooo much better than 750.  Plus Zantac.  Ugh.

I noticed my DH ties his shoes better these days (he usually stuffs his laces into the shoe) because... well, he ties my shoes every day.  Even pulls out the tongue, what a sweetie!

The question, "How are you feeling?" will now rank up there with the worst ethnic slur you can call someone in terms of how much it will piss you off - especially during the m/s times.  I normally adore my MIL, but there were several times I considered puking on her instead of answering the question.

There are no comfy positions to sit or lie down in, unless they involve a Snoogle.

Alcohol free wine is actually pretty tasty!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagekatie.i.do:

tropical tums taste WAY better than the original assorted fruit tums.

sometimes those giant metameucil fiber capsules don't always stay down once you've swallowed them Ick!

i've learned to pay very close attention to the types of waistbands and leg holes my underpants have, because some are much less conducive to pregnancy than others. also-giant maternity underpants!!!

many major department stores do not even have maternity sections.

sales people are ridiculously helpful when you tell them "i am looking for a formal cocktail dress to wear at 7 1/2 months pregnant" and will 'bless your heart' more than once

putting socks and shoes on SUCKS

pregnancy makes you snore. and fart in your sleep.

::DIES::

• OMG!!! Y'all are hee-larious! I love the sharing...keep it coming!
  • imagemegs444:

- That a DVR is a total must have when your bedtime is 7:30

Ditto this! I catch all my favorite shows sometime between 2am and 4am since I'm up then anyway.

Speaking of 2am-4am....there is nothing on cable tv on Sunday's between those hours.

Golden Girls is on from 1 -3am and The Cosby Show from 3-4am every weeknight!

Just because your pelvic areas FEELS like it's being pulled apart, doesn't actually mean your dialated at all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"