3rd Trimester

Don't Mock Me, But...

I've only gained 5 lbs. throughout my whole pregnancy (I'm almost 37 weeks). Confused

I know I shouldn't be complaining - I'm actually thrilled not to have gained tons of weight - but I'm a little concerned.

I am also carrying very small and some people can't even tell I'm pregnant. Now, this is my second child, and I was much bigger with my first daughter (this is a girl too). And I should add that I am overweight to start with, so doctor didn't want me to gain too much - but I still think 5 lbs. is cause for concern. Doctors aren't worried, though.

Anyone else not gain much? Come on, ladies, ease my fears!

Re: Don't Mock Me, But...

• I am sitting pretty at an overall weight LOSS of 20 pounds as of today. So, no, I don't think it's a big deal. :) Just continue to eat healthily and stay active, and listen to your body!
  • I'm at an overall gain of 18 pounds but I lost 17 in first tri (didn't have morning sickness or anything that would cause the loss, just lost the weight) So I'm only one pound heavier than I was for years before getting pregnant. My doctor doesn't seem worried about it at all and I know I'm eating healthy and doing everything right so I know LO and I are fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • If your doctor says it's fine and isn't concerned, don't worry about it!! Baby has probably taken over equal proportions of weight loss :-)

• Well, i can't relate but if your doctor has said that you're ok, i wouldn't worry. Think of it like a pregnancy symptom that you didn't get -- like i was soo lucky not to get morning sickness at all, or heartburn! Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, I can't relate to you, but I would think that if your doctor isn't concerned about it then you shouldn't be either! As long as you're eating properly then everything should be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"