3rd Trimester
Options

Skin Irritations...

I am having such issues with my skin.  My face is better than ever!  I usually suffer from bad acne but have not had a single pimple since I started my second trimester.  As for the rest of my body it's different.  I have fungus growing on one of my toe nails (EW!) and have cracked and itchy skin between my toes on the same foot.  I itch it so much it bleeds. 

Also last week I a stared itching between my legs and now have really bad burning where the elastic of my underwear lies.  

I don't know what to do. I really do not want to use any over the counter medicated creams.  I feel so gross and dirty.  Did not expect this with my pregnancy.

Re: Skin Irritations...

• Options
    Ummm if it is fungus, try taking a bubble bath in head n shoulders.  Yes it smells horrible but that is that the dr. recommended for a family member to help with the itching.  The reactor agent in the shampoo actual killed the fungus.
  • Options

I'm having a lot of irritation by the end of the day on my thighs. They get red and blotchy and uncomfortable. I usually tend to have chafing issues in the summer with my thighs, so I've been using either cream for that, or baby powder. It's especially bad if I get hot and sweaty or wet (like from a long shower or bath, and especially after shaving).  I can't remember what the cream is called, but it's OTC.  The baby powder may have even helped more than the cream, so try that? HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You may have a yeast infection in which case you will need to use a topical cream to get rid of it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just went to the dr. (regular dr., my OB wouldn't treat this) who thought my itchy hands and feet were a fungus. He said it wouldn't go away on its own and gave me a cream to use, which is good because all my self-treatments (benadryl, baths, lotions) weren't working. So far I don't see much of a difference with the cream, but I hope to. Good luck--I, too, feel less than glamorous and did not expect this symptom at all!
    Pregnancy TickerPregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"