3rd Trimester

Registering AFTER the baby is born is more fun IMO

Yesterday we went to BRU to add items to our registry so I can use my 10% completion coupon on stuff we actually need. I had fun walking around BRU as an ignorant pregnant woman, but actually having a baby for 3 weeks and figuring out what is useful and what isn't actually made the process more fun.

And I actually like keeping my registry up-to-date because pregnant brain turns into baby brain and baby brain is like, 10x worse, so the registry is like a shopping list for me. 

I'm still not sure how the 10% completion coupon works, so just in case, I changed my due date to 12/31.

Re: Registering AFTER the baby is born is more fun IMO

• LOL! I think that is hilarious! I wanna see what looks you got!
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • You get one chance to buy everything left on your registry for 10% off..once you use it, you can't use it anymore...you don't have to wait for it to come in the mail you can just ask for it where you registered at if you want to go ahead and get ti done...If you have an additional coupon for 15% off you cannot use both at the same time..we ended up ringing stuff up three times so i could 15% on big ticket items..GL and happy shopping
  • Loading the player...
  • Sneaky!! Although a VERY good idea.

I think they let you take the 10% off your entire purchase but I think you have to do it in one shot. Call them and ask!! A girls gotta save money where she can!!

• imagepita2405:
    LOL! I think that is hilarious! I wanna see what looks you got!

Oh, we totally brought him with us. I was pushing the stroller and scanning things. It was fun! One of the workers asked us if we needed help finding anything. I said no. Then she went on and on about how her daughter was having twins. I wasn't interested so I said (and I quote) "That sucks. I couldn't imagine having to feed two." I wasn't in a chatty mood. And BEWARE: People chat you the f*ck up when you have a baby. I totally preferred the stares when I was pregnant. I just don't like people in general. 

• imageerinshaneb:
    You get one chance to buy everything left on your registry for 10% off..once you use it, you can't use it anymore...you don't have to wait for it to come in the mail you can just ask for it where you registered at if you want to go ahead and get ti done...If you have an additional coupon for 15% off you cannot use both at the same time..we ended up ringing stuff up three times so i could 15% on big ticket items..GL and happy shopping

Pretty much this, though the BRU in both my area and in NY seem to be dishing out a lot of 20% off single item coupons - HUGE helps when it comes to the $100+ stuff.  I had three, bought my swing and nursery monitor for myself and a friend with them!

The 10% will be awesome when you have a ton of smaller items to pick up :)
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • can you use the coupons on baby furniture?
  • I did the same thing at Bed bath and Beyond when we got Married!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can still add things after you receive your completion coupon. I remember adding a few boxes of diapers before we went in to use the coupon.

The coupon is good for one use, 10% off your entire purchase. You can use it for anything on your registry, although I would probably use a separate 15% or 20% off coupon (which you will probably start getting regularly in the mail) for bigger items.

eta: here's a link to BRU coupons including 20% off one item:

https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/122609cc-cpns.pdf

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • imageAshPal61:
    What kind of stuff did you add?  I'm curious to know if I'm missing anything

Another Boppy Cover, Jumparoo (for later), bibs, Boppy Shopping cart cover (for later), Boppy Changing pad cover, Vaporizer, DeHumidifier, Soothies, Medium Flow Nipples, Extra Medela Ice Pack, 2 Breastshield/Valve/Membranes, 4 and 8oz Drop In Liners, Medela Quick Clean Wipes, Bra Pads, Milk Storage Bags, 8oz Nursers, Medela Soft Shields (they go between your boobs and bra... I have sore nips), Teether protector for the crib, Diaper Genie refills, Aveeno Shampoo/Body Wash, Wipes (Pampers Sensitive), Mylicon, Triple Paste (that stuff is so expensive but it works wonders!), OxyClean, Dreft, Washcloths, Nipple Shield....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"