3rd Trimester

Those carrying small...

Do you have any stretch marks yet?  If so, when did they appear? 

I know there's no way to predict, but I'm hoping my slow belly growth progress will deter those buggers from popping up!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Those carrying small...

• None yet... and I am still so elastic-y that I am thinking I have plenty of time. 

I have some on my inner thighs from puberty, but they are all skin-toned and faded, with no signs of coming back full force!

(silently thanks my mother for her genes - so far so good!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It really doesn't matter how big or small your belly will get.  It all depends on what your skin can handle, genetically speaking.  I have seen little ladies with them as bad as some huge bellies.

I got lucky w/ DD #1 with no stretch marks.. nothing this time either.  I am a small belly girl.

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • If this makes you feel better, I didn't get any when pregnant with dd and so far so good this pregnancy also (knock on wood).  What I have done both pregnancies is used in shower body lotion, then lather Burts Bees Wax Mama Bee Oil on my belly, sides, butt, back, and thighs twice a day.  Good luck!
  • I dont have any yet and I am 38 weeks. My doctor says I probably wont get any, I dont know, maybe my skin is extra stretchy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have any yet and I haven't done anything special to prevent them either.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm still at my prepg weight, but have noticed a few small new ones.  I had some before so they're still there but very few new ones.  I don't moisturize or anything special so, it's just onw of those things you'll either get or not
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a small bump... people think I am only 6-7 months when I'm really full term.  I got my marks around 35 weeks.  Not many, but they are there. 
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • I haven't gotten any and I have stretch marks on my thighs from a few years ago when I gained weight. We shall see if I get them at all...
  • I just have one teeny tiny stretchie on my left boob...but none on my belly or anywhere else yet.
  • I didn't get any until about 37 weeks. My mom never got them when she was pregnant and my grandmother, who had 10 children, never got them. I used Jergens pregnancy lotion everyday, sometimes twice a day and my belly looks like a giant map! They are terrible.
  • none yet..hopefully i will not get any..my mom doesn't have any..and I have none from puberty or anything which is a good thing..
  • I haven't seen any yet.

However, I was twice the size with DS and still didn't have any pop up until the last week of pregnancy. In fact I didn't even see them until after DS was born since I couldn't see the underside of my belly. DH said they showed up about a week prior but he certainly wasn't going to tell me.

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • imagemooeta:
    I'm still at my prepg weight, but have noticed a few small new ones.  I had some before so they're still there but very few new ones.  I don't moisturize or anything special so, it's just onw of those things you'll either get or not

you didn't gain any weight at all and you are full term?? lol how is that possible?

• Nope- No stretch marks!

I don't know how I lucked out. My mother has a bunch, and I did try to remember to put that lotion on but I forget more often than not. 

Who knows? My belly is very, very tender in certain spots, so I suppose it's still possible to get some. :) 

• imageXXLAURAF:

imagemooeta:
    I'm still at my prepg weight, but have noticed a few small new ones.  I had some before so they're still there but very few new ones.  I don't moisturize or anything special so, it's just onw of those things you'll either get or not

you didn't gain any weight at all and you are full term?? lol how is that possible?

It was the extra cushion for the pushin' I had before.  I lost 16 lbs in 1st and 2nd tri and then I'm just now breaking even.   It happens.  My mom only gained 11 lbs with me and she started at 110 so it's just one of those things that runs in my family I suppose. 

• I have a pretty large belly for my size (petite, 5'0", its ALL in the belly!) and I have none as of yet, and luckily never had them before.  My mother and grandmother never got any either.  I use a bit of Palmer's Tummy Butter when I get out of the shower... but that's because it smells nice :)

imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • none yet, thank goodness, I'm hoping they stay away! I've been carring small the entire pregnancy, but I have to tell you I feel my belly has almost doubled in size just in the last 2 or 3 weeks!
  • I don't have any new ones, but the old ones from puberty are stretching a little now. Hopefully I won't have any new ones, I'm making sure I keep the skin nicely lotioned up just in case :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"