1st Trimester

Fa-reaking out :-/

I know I shouldn't be because everything I read in every book says it's "normal" but it still doesn't seem normal to me!! Last night at our xmas eve dinner at my dads (totally awkward every year) I went potty and had a very small brown spot! AAAHHHH!!! And I have some slight cramping... Every time I pee I'm afraid to look at the TP because I don't want to see any more brown... I think I need to relax... Someone tell me I need to relax. I hope I can make it till the appointment on Tuesday...

Merry Christmas, here's some stress from Santa!! :-/ 

I married a ginger.
m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
My boobies belong to cour10e

Re: Fa-reaking out :-/

• Take a deep breath and relax. There I said it. :)

I know it's hard, but brown spotting just once is better then bright red blood and lots of bleeding. Even then I had bleeding and cramping for a few weeks when I was pregnant with my DD and she turned out just fine. She just celebrated her second birthday on Monday.

imageimage
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • With DS, I spotted almost all through my first trimester.  He's now a happy almost 2 year old.  I know it's scary, and I don't want to say that it never means that something more sinister is happening, but a little spotting in a healthy pregnancy is way more common than people think/expect.  (I'm actually freaking out this time around because I'm NOT spotting...  weird :))
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies :) I feel a bit better now. only 4 days until I get to see the OB... it's going to be a long 4 days :)
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I've been spotting brown for 3 weeks. Everything is fine, just old blood. No need to panic until it's bright red and your filling a pad.

Happy holidays.

• I had spotting at exactly the same time as you.  As long as it isn't red; and you don't have cramping, you are most likely ok.  I never had spotting again after that point, and I'm now 33 weeks.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesecond_time_around_4_me:

I had spotting at exactly the same time as you.  As long as it isn't red; and you don't have cramping, you are most likely ok.  I never had spotting again after that point, and I'm now 33 weeks.  :)

Same here. I was completely freaked out and my OB wouldn't even see me. Needless to say I got a new OB, had some bloodwork and all was well. My progesterone was normal but on the low end so I did take some supplements for the remainder of first tri. Progesterone cannot stop a m/c, but it sure made me feel better to take something. Call your doc if the spotting persists so he can see you sooner if need be. GL!

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Confused

If you read its normal in numerous books-- which are professional answers-- I don't understand your need to post here and ask women who aren't experts.

Plus there's like 50 posts like this a week.  Lurk for a while before you start posting.  A ton of your questions can be answered that way.

• imagejennairv13:

Confused

If you read its normal in numerous books-- which are professional answers-- I don't understand your need to post here and ask women who aren't experts.

Plus there's like 50 posts like this a week.  Lurk for a while before you start posting.  A ton of your questions can be answered that way.

And a Merry Christmas and bah humbug to you, too!

Sometimes, when you're scared, you just want to talk about. She's scared. She just wants reassurance from other people, speaking directly to her about her situation. Not information she (already) has from a book or can read from lurking here.

Also, LOL @ your suggestion she lurk more before posting. You have what, 140 posts behind you?

ETA:

I spotted every single day till I was 12 weeks. Then again at 17, 18, 20, 33, 35, and 37 weeks. Lots of bright red blood. But check my siggy! He was just fine in there....and he hasn't stopped causing momma all kinds of worry! He's my stubborn litlte boy and has been since day 1! Try not to worry, I would bet the farm everything is OK.

• I've been spotting brown and having light cramps almost everyday since about 4 1/2 weeks. It's so unnerving but I called the doctor and the nurse said it was fine and totally normal. She said unless it changed, got worse or different to not worry about it. She also told me to take it easy until my first appointment. No heavy lifting and tugging. I know she said it's normal and not to worry but I worry EVERY TIME I go to the restroom. I can't wait until my appointment next Thursday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekatiekate1974:
    imagejennairv13:

Confused

And a Merry Christmas and bah humbug to you, too!

Sometimes, when you're scared, you just want to talk about. She's scared. She just wants reassurance from other people, speaking directly to her about her situation. Not information she (already) has from a book or can read from lurking here.

Also, LOL @ your suggestion she lurk more before posting. You have what, 140 posts behind you?

ETA:

I spotted every single day till I was 12 weeks. Then again at 17, 18, 20, 33, 35, and 37 weeks. Lots of bright red blood. But check my siggy! He was just fine in there....and he hasn't stopped causing momma all kinds of worry! He's my stubborn litlte boy and has been since day 1! Try not to worry, I would bet the farm everything is OK.

I'm not sure what connection you're trying to make between my rather low post count and the number of unnecessary questions I've asked that are answered numerous times a week on here.

• Brown spotting is better than red. I had both brown and red spotting throughout most of my first tri and I'm still hanging in there and LO and I are totally fine.
  • I'm lurking (obviously). I had brown spotting at 11 weeks, and I had my beautiful son 8 day ago!! Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honey, you need to relax! I have not had any spotting. But my cramps for the 4th through 6th week were terrible. They are sometimes worse than period cramps, and my OB has assured me it is ligament stretching and being that I am very petite it will hurt me a great deal more. My ultrasound and very healthy baby at 7 weeks (I am now 8 weeks) have also proved this to be true.

Everything will go just fine, and you and your baby are normal!

• No need to be rude to a first time mom who is nervous. Sometimes it helps to hear from people who are currently going through the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"