3rd Trimester

Prenatal vitamins...

So I had dinner with my other pregnant friend. She is about a month farther along then I am. I whip out my vitamins and take them. So I asked her when she takes her's just because I was curious. She said she doesn't. She thinks if she eats healthy everything will be a-o-k. She said everything has been great at her appointments so why should she worry. Is this like super bad and should I have slapped her?

BrittAny Nicole
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prenatal vitamins...

• I don't know about slapping her, but she is misinformed.
  • Ummm why would she not take vitamins on purpose?  Most of the stuff you get from your vitamin are not things you typically get enough of by just eating healthy!!!  You should tell her that!!  Your body needs a lot more vitamins than pre-preggo and her "healthy diet" isn't enough to compensate for it....

wow seriously people amaze me.............i wonder if her doc knows what she's up to

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I do believe in taking them for the sake of your LO.  But my Grandma had 8 healthy kids without them, so who am I to judge?
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't understand what her objection to taking vitamins is? It's not like it's medication, they are vitamins to help with anything your lacking. Your body can only get so much from eating healthy...I feel so bad if I forget even one!
  • so then where is she getting the DHA from? that stuff is really important for the development of your baby. I hope she turns out to be one of those lucky people and everything is "a-o-k"
  • I'm definitely not the best at remembering mine.  I don't sweat it too much if I forget 1 or 2 in a week, but I think it's silly to deliberately not take any.  It's not like they're going to hurt anything!
    Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I've moved on to Flintstones vitamins and iron suppliments but I am not spending 30 bucks a pack on premnatals anymore ( that is the persc. the doc gave me)  but she said that flintstones and a bowl of total are pretty much the same thing :)
    Baby number two! Coming soon! June 8th.
  • I take mine and at times forget to just because I forget. I know they are important, but I can't judge other people for not taking them. My mother was not given prenatal vitamins with my older brother and sisters, both who are heatlhy and successful. She took prenantal vitamins with my little sister and myself, but would occassionally forget. My little sister is the least healthiest out of all four of us.
  • Technically if we were all to eat exactly what we're supposed to be eating on a daily basis ... we would be getting all of the nutriants ... vitamins ... minerals, etc. that we should be eating ... she's correct, you wouldn't need to take vitamins ... problem, the majority of Americans DON'T eat exactly what they're supposed to be eating on a daily basis. I know lots of exercising, crunchy, "my body" is my temple types and still they don't get EVERYTHING ... they cheat, don't like certain fruits and vegetables, may not get exactly the amount of protein that they need or Omega 3s, etc ... the fact is that most just don't. So, for that reason, I don't understand why she's opposed to taking vitamins ... what's the harm?
  • It's something that's so easy and affordable (I pay $18 for 90 days) I don't understand why someone would intentionally not take them but people do all kinds of crazy stuff...

I had a conversation about this with a co-worker recently and she told me that she did not take prenatal vitamins for 3 of her 4 pregnancies. Her reason? Because with the first pregnancy she did take them and also gained 100 lbs and thinks that the prenatals were what caused the weight gain. 

Indifferent Yea, I couldn't beleive she actually said that out loud.

• imagem00n_fire@hotmail.com:
    I've moved on to Flintstones vitamins and iron suppliments but I am not spending 30 bucks a pack on premnatals anymore ( that is the persc. the doc gave me)  but she said that flintstones and a bowl of total are pretty much the same thing :)

Just FYI, if you have a Meijer in your area, they offer free generic prenatals! All you have to have is a script from your doc for generic prenatals. I have been taking Trinate for almost a year now and never paid a dime for it! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"