2nd Trimester

Another question for the plus size ladies

Where do you buy your maternity clothes? So far I'm only finding plus size maternity at Motherhood. Someone suggested Target but I didn't see anything there that would fit. Tried Wal Mart but that was a no-go. Didn't see anything at Kohl's either.

FYI-not complaining about Motherhood at all. I was told by someone not to go there because of their 'no return' policy and their prices but close to everything I've bought was on sale/clearance (like the $19.99 shirt I'm wearing today), and I ALWAYS try on before buying just to make sure.

Just looking for some variety...

TIA,
Sandi

Re: Another question for the plus size ladies

• Depends on how plus-size you are, really.  I know Target and Old Navy have some but ON at least only goes up to 20 (prepreg size).  That doesn't cut it for me.

I was a 24 pre-preg and the only places I've found are Motherhood and JC Penney.
  • imagenaylon511:
    Depends on how plus-size you are, really.  I know Target and Old Navy have some but ON at least only goes up to 20 (prepreg size).  That doesn't cut it for me.

I was a 24 pre-preg and the only places I've found are Motherhood and JC Penney.

I'm going to say I was an 18-20 pre preg. At Motherhood I go for the 1X or 2X, depending on the item.  Hhhmmm. Don't think I checked JC Penny. Thanks.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm right where you are. I'm an 18 pre-prego. Motherhood was the only place I could find truly comfortable dress pants in 1x. I did find some at Kohl's and Sear's, but they are not nearly as comfortable as Motherhood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Old Navy has plus-size, and JCPenneys, also if you are brave enoughto order online, Womanwithin.com carries plus-size maternity! Hope that helps :)
  • I know Gap, Old Navy, JC Penney, and Kohls have maternity. My fave is Kohls. I wonder why they dont have in ur kohls.
  • imagesadiwest:

Where do you buy your maternity clothes? So far I'm only finding plus size maternity at Motherhood. Someone suggested Target but I didn't see anything there that would fit. Tried Wal Mart but that was a no-go. Didn't see anything at Kohl's either.

FYI-not complaining about Motherhood at all. I was told by someone not to go there because of their 'no return' policy and their prices but close to everything I've bought was on sale/clearance (like the $19.99 shirt I'm wearing today), and I ALWAYS try on before buying just to make sure.

TIA,
    Sandi

I'm a 26/28 prepreg, and the only thing I've gotten so far is the bella band, size 4, which seems a little big still to me but I am definately not showing yet (probably cause i'm big, because I can totally feel that there's something there).  I only need the bella band when I wear my jeans though, because they're the only thing that are too uncomfortable as of yet. 

I know it's unrealistic, but I'm hoping to get away with wearing a bella band the whole time and trying to avoid maternity pants all together.  *Sigh*  I know i'm already big, but it doesn't make getting bigger any easier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just got 3 pairs of pants from JC Penny's!  They, fit, feel great, have full tummy pannels and were really cheap!  I normally am a 1x (16/18), but I have a smaller waist and fuller hips and even with that the JCP XL fit fine. Be careful with Old Navy.  I have found their XXL pants to be way too small, but their XXL tops are H U G E!  Had to send everything back!  Try the XL pants at Penny's, then you might have an easier time if you have to buy online.  I also bought some yoga/strech pants in black and grey just one size bigger (2X) and they also fit and feel really good. 

Good Luck!

• You might try Gordman's if you have one around.  They get a lot of clothes from Motherhood and other maternity stores and I believe they have plus sizes.  GL!
  • Being that I haven't gained any weight (currently 18/20 or 2x) yet I am still shopping at Lane Bryant and occasionally Kohl's. I am buying 1 size up though since my belly is starting to change shape. I went to one of the maternity stores and they only had one sad rack of plus size clothes so I'm not sure where I'll end up...
  • imagesadiwest:

imagenaylon511:
    Depends on how plus-size you are, really. ?I know Target and Old Navy have some but ON at least only goes up to 20 (prepreg size). ?That doesn't cut it for me.

I'm going to say I was an 18-20 pre preg. At Motherhood I go for the 1X or 2X, depending on the item.? Hhhmmm. Don't think I checked JC Penny. Thanks.

I was also an 18-20 ?pre-preg. I get a lot of my maternity tops at Gap Maternity. I usually just shop the sale rack there though. I fit in their XL size, and they also have an XXL (mostly just online though). If there is an actual store in your area I suggest going there instead of ordering online because often the sale prices in store are cheaper than online. As far as pants, sadly their pants don't fit me :( so I got a couple pairs from Motherhood on sale. I've also been using the Bella Band a lot and will continue to use that until I simply can't anymore. I've found that the maternity pants are so huge in the hips that they look bunchy on me. :(??

• I've gotten most of my stuff at Motherhood Maternity and have not had a problem with them.  They do have a return policy, but it is only something like 10 days from date of purchase and does not include clearance, those are considered final sale.  I usually don't try on clothes, I just buy.  But since being pregnant I have made sure to try everything on, even if I'm positive it will fit. 

I do find stuff at Target, but they are not as generous with thier plus size clothes.  I have a couple pair of pants are are either XL or XXL.  I cannot fit in their sized (12,14,16,etc) clothes, they are cut very slim.  I have a couple shirts from Target as well, but again they are not cut generously, so I wind up in the 2XL because of my boobs and broad shoulders. 

I have also ordered a pair of pants from Old Navy, but they are not generous at all with thier plus size maternity.

Good luck clothes hunting!

• imageRoxpup:
    imagesadiwest:

TIA,
    Sandi

I know it's unrealistic, but I'm hoping to get away with wearing a bella band the whole time and trying to avoid maternity pants all together.  *Sigh*  I know i'm already big, but it doesn't make getting bigger any easier.

I put off getting maternity pants and it turned out I love them. WAY more comfy and WAY easier (considering how often I pee, it's nice to be able to get the pants down ASAP without messing with the buttons and zippers LOL). Try them!

• My thing is that I want full panel pants. At Penney's, Old Navy, etc., all I can find is the ones that sling under your belly and I haaaate them. However, do you have a Gordman's where you are? I was Christmas shopping in there the other day and noticed they have a pretty good maternity selection, so I plan to go back and check it out after the holidays.
  • I'm a 22/24 and was hoping to Bella Band my way through this too. TOTALLY not happening here lol. Although that makes me happy that the baby belly is already visible Smile

Here are a list of plus size places that may be able to help you!

Hope these help!!!

• If you have a JC Penney Outlet in your area go there. They have a really good selection of maternity clothes. Tops are $9.99, slacks and jeans $10.99-$12.99, and they have skirts, sweaters, etc. You can't go wrong with them. If not, the JC Penney store and Sears is good too.
  • All my stuff is Motherhood Maternity for actual Pregnancy clothes... but! I go to Torrid and buy shirts there too! They have so many of the cute ones, and the tank tops are great too... although I live in So Cal and can wear tank tops in the winter.... O.o I didn't look to see where you were from. Try them though! :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I see it says The Garden State under your name.  Do you live in NJ?  There is a great new store in Cherry Hill called Destination Maternity.  They get plus size clothes from Motherhood and other stores all in one place.  I have only gotten one pair of pants, but tons of tops.  I'm using my bella bands for as long as I can, but its slowly becoming difficult as I start to show more.  I was a 20 pre-preganancy.  I only got one shirt from target maternity and one from old navy.  Destination Marernity is my go to store now!  Good Luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"