2nd Trimester
Options

Hairy belly?

Hi,

I've noticed that since I was pg, there seems to be hair growing around my belly button and its not very nice. Does anyone else have it and will it go away after delivery?

Thanks.

Re: Hairy belly?

• Options
    I have it too and isn't it just SO attractive!? From previous post, many women say it will go away after delivery so lets hope!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have it too!  I hope it goes away, my whole body is sprouting like a freaking chia pet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep... I have it too and it is dark! Ew! I did hear a wives' tale that says it means you are having a boy, and it is due to testosterone levels increasing. I don't know if that is true or not, but it was for us- we found out we are having a boy this week!

And yes, it should disappear again post-delivery! 

• Options
    Yep, me too! I've always had blone hair on my belly but it's getting darker and thicker. Please oh please let it go away!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBFab11:
    I have it too!  I hope it goes away, my whole body is sprouting like a freaking chia pet.

Ha!  Love it!  I feel the same way!  I had my big Ultra sound yesterday and shaved it...I was so embarressed!

• Options
    My whole belly is hairy...And of course I'm not lucky enough to light hair...Oh no...It's dark and clearly visable :P
  • Options
    Sure do.  It's a lovely ring of very dark hair right around my belly button!  Find the gender out this week....so curious to see if the old wives tale is accurate or not. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKim B.:
    My whole belly is hairy...And of course I'm not lucky enough to light hair...Oh no...It's dark and clearly visable :P

I know your pain:(

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me too! It's Terrible!!  I am having a boy so maybe the wivestale is true......However all the books say its goes away, so here's to hoping.......it's unfortunate there's nothing you can do about it, if you did when it comes to post delivery I think you'd really regret it....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My stomach is definitely more hairy.  I usually have blond hair, but it's dark.  I've been shaving it some.  My leg hair is also darker and thicker than normal.  Icky. 
  • Options
    I have noticed more belly hair as well. Glad to hear that its going to go away.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've noticed some darker stray hair on my belly. I didn't ask my doctor but she commented anyway that they "should" go away. =)
  • Options
    It's black. It's thick. It makes me look like I have a happy trail. I hate it. But it's not just around my stomach, oh no, my entire body is starting to make me look like a wookie. I have to shave everyday when I only had to do it maybe twice a week before. It makes me feel like a man-beast. Not fun, so here's hoping it goes away...and fast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"