3rd Trimester

What does back labor feel like?

Re: What does back labor feel like?

• My mother said hell. She ended up having to lay on her side and deliver. I will ask her later today and then send you a PM.

BrittAny Nicole
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For me it felt like I had done too much lifting and raising of arms to the point I had to sit down. They were strong pains that was a cross between having your muscles pulled and cramps in your back. Once I sat down and rested in a comfortable chair it relieved the pressure.
  • Loading the player...
  • like the worse lower back pain ever! it feels like LO is trying to come out there instead of where they are supposed to be. My first was sunny side up and OMFG it hurt. During labor I used a sock with rice heated up to help with the pain and my mom pushed for counter pressure. It does come in waves but can also be constant.
  • I had awful periods as a teenager (pre-birth control) and I had the worst back cramps with it.  Back labor felt like 10x a god awful period.
  • Mine starts out like really bad menstral cramps & spreads towards the front of my stomach... the doctors have stopped them so I'm not sure how bad it gets after that!! My mom had it and said its awful...

I could be wrong, but I have heard that if you have back cramps with your period, you'll have back labor... not sure how true that is?!

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• K. I'm having back pain, but it's not horrific. It's probably from my stupid couch.

TMI - I had to strain and push earlier when pooping (a major no-no for me), so I wasn't sure if I triggered anything.

• if you are worried you should call....esp with your PTL. GL!
  • From what my mother told me, it's like a horrible backache. She also felt no contractions with back labor... but then, my birth was one of those home births from hell. Frank breech.. on the couch... no drugs.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm curious. Thouse of you who had back labor, did or do you experience back pain or crapming with your regular periods? The reason I ask is, my mom had Dysmenorrhea and had back labor with both me and my brother. I also had Dysmenorrhea in my teens and experienced extreamly painful back pain and cramps but never really had the lower abdominal cramping most women get. Just curious if there is any possible connection between the type of cramping one has normally and the likelyhood of having back labor.
  • imageDesi632:
    I'm curious. Thouse of you who had back labor, did or do you experience back pain or crapming with your regular periods? The reason I ask is, my mom had Dysmenorrhea and had back labor with both me and my brother. I also had Dysmenorrhea in my teens and experienced extreamly painful back pain and cramps but never really had the lower abdominal cramping most women get. Just curious if there is any possible connection between the type of cramping one has normally and the likelyhood of having back labor.

I do/did not have back cramps with my periods. Also my second child came out like he was supposed to and I did not have back labor that time.

• I never experienced back pain with any of my period cramps. My back labor was so intense and had a burning sensation every time I had contractions. It was his head pounding against my lower spine! If you have your partner push with both hands (one hand on each side of the spine) and push down and together it helps take some of the pain away!

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"