2nd Trimester

Why am I not showing??

I'm 22 wks, and can feel my baby kick, but I have not grown at all! I've lost 8 lbs since the beginnning of my pregnancy and all my pants still fit fine, they've gotten a little uncomfortable if Im sitting too long but other than that, they're fine. My doctor says the baby's growing fine, but I'm a little concerned still...what's going on?

Re: Why am I not showing??

• If your doctor isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either. Every woman, and every pregnancy is different. That's just the way yours is going.  I'm sure you will put on weight soon enough. Have a milkshake for me. :-D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in the same boat. It's a little unnerving, but my doc says growth looks great. Not sure where this little baby is hiding, but she's in there somewhere.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesmssy2005:
    If your doctor isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either. Every woman, and every pregnancy is different. That's just the way yours is going.  I'm sure you will put on weight soon enough. Have a milkshake for me. :-D

This!  Especially the milkshake part :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Don't fret. I'm not showing much either. I have a tiny bump. People that know me can tell it's a small pregnant bump, but for anyone that doesn't I'm sure they think I just ate too much. I'm still in my pre pregnancy clothes just fine, except I need a rubber band up top for the button. But they zip and fit fine. My baby kicks a lot and it measuring on schedule, so I'm not worried. Everyone is different. I know a lot of pregnant people and they had much bigger bellies when they were at my amount of weeks. 

I say enjoy it! I'm loving being small still. A bigger bump will come eventually. I know I keep thinking, oh, maybe this month. Then a month passes and it's still small. Rock the small belly! :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My neighbor is 25w you can't tell she is pg at all. And me at a lowly 13w am already in maternity pants!  You see this is my theory.  She is tall and very long waisted, me on the other hand have just about 2 inches between my boobs and belly button.  I know mine is mostly all bloat but we are all different:)

imageimage
  • Some people show different.  Everyone's body is a bit different and perhaps your baby can "hide" more towards the back.  As long as the baby is growing (and don't go by your weight- that has nothing to do on the health of the baby) then don't worry.  I'm short and petite and my last pregnancy people freaked me out because they kept saying I'd have a runt and I was so tiny for being 9 months and I had a healthy baby.  This time is the same and I just remember that everything is fine.
  • I agree that everyone's bodies are different. I'm 24 weeks and lost 15 lbs, but baby's doing good! :) So not worried at all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You know, there was a girl in college that gave birth in the dorm. She SWEARS she didn't know she was pg. (yeah, okay). But she barely showed. So, there are people who don't show hardly at all right up til time. Don't worry about it. The Dr. will say something if he is concerned. Honestly, I'm paranoid about having a big belly right now because I think people look at me and are like "Wow, she's only 23 weeks and look at her grow!"
  • I didn't start having an issues with clothes until I was in my 23 week.  Even then I didn't feel like I was showing.  This week however (the past two days actually) I have noticed more of a bump, but it is higher and I can't suck it in.  I haven't gained any weight at all though.  If dr isn't worried I wouldn't be either (easier said than done though!).
  • everyone said that since i was in such good shape pre preg, and small. that i wouldnt shart showing till 20+ weeks....well...thats a lie...started getting comments at 15 weeks. im 22 now and feel HUGE. I think i's trade u spots:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't really start showing until 23 weeks. From 19-22 weeks I had a small bump but you could barely see it below my clothes. May just be your body type, etc. Also if this is your first pregnancy, we tend to pop later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it depends on the length of your torso.  Mine is very long, like I can't wear one piece swimsuits because they won't even cover my boobs long, so I think the baby has more room to move about.  Therefore my belly hasn't needed to grow out yet.  I know it will grow, but like the other ladies mentioned, I am enjoying it while I can. 

This is all just my theory though, take it for what you will!

• imageislandgirl79:

I think it depends on the length of your torso.  Mine is very long, like I can't wear one piece swimsuits because they won't even cover my boobs long, so I think the baby has more room to move about.  Therefore my belly hasn't needed to grow out yet.  I know it will grow, but like the other ladies mentioned, I am enjoying it while I can. 

This is all just my theory though, take it for what you will!

Meh - I'm also super long waisted and 5'10 (I know EXACTLY what you mean about the swimsuit issue - so uncomfortable!) and I was showing by around 20 weeks to where people who knew me could tell, and now it is obvious to most people. This baby is hanging out low and out in front, even though he has plenty of room to expand up. 

I actually think that it's all about how the baby carries.  My SIL is like 5'1 and she hardly showed at all even though she was not fat before and gained 50 lbs in the pregnancy.  The baby was high and tight to her ribs, so her tummy never poked out. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"