2nd Trimester

For those who found out baby's sex...

Just a curious question - I know people keep telling me that its def a boy or def. a girl. In my heart I think boy. DH swears its a girl.  So my question to you...were any of the old wives tales correct? was your gut feeling correct? or were you completely surprised?

Re: For those who found out baby's sex...

• None of the OWT were true for me, but me and DH have thought it was a boy since the beginning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • OWT's for me were all wrong, as was the gender predictor and my gut. All pointed to BOY, DH said girl. DH was right =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Gut feeling Boy = Wrong

OWT Heartbeat Girl = Right

ETA: Chinese Gender Chart Girl = Right

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I thought from the beginning that it was a girl, and it is.
    Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really thought girl. But nope, it's a baby boy!  OWT were false, as was chinese gender chart (no surprise). LOL
  • Completely 100% surprised...my gut said girl and every gender quiz I took said that too.  But we found out Tuesday that it's a boy.  :)
  • imageAlexJ217:

Just a curious question - I know people keep telling me that its def a boy or def. a girl. In my heart I think boy. DH swears its a girl.  So my question to you...were any of the old wives tales correct? was your gut feeling correct? or were you completely surprised?

From day one, even though I had wanted a boy, I "knew in my heart" it was a girl.

Chinese calender = boy

OWT = girl

LO is indeed a boy. Don't get caught up in the sex that you believe the baby to be. It's a 50/50 chance, but if you are more open you'll be less dissapointed.

• BPM was 160 and that was all that "told" me girl...

• none of the OWT were right for me. I thought for sure that he was a girl, but I was wrong. The only thing that was right was the Chinese gender prediction chart.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • the owt were 50/50 for me. I have thought since the beginning it was a boy and I was right Smile
    "Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast
  • I just had a feeling it was a girl. . . all of the OWT and the chinese gender predictor was wrong. and ,. . . . . . ITS A GIRL!
  • i never looked into any of the old wives tales.  with DD i never had a feeling either way, but everyone else just knew i was having a girl.  i was told that i had "girl energy" and that i was carrying her like a girl belly.  i was pleasantly surprised when we found out she was indeed a girl.  with this pregnancy i have been certain since day 1 that it was a boy.  it just felt different than my first pregnancy - i wasn't sick like i had been with my daughter, i was much more fatigued, i didn't have headaches, i was starving from the very beginning.  i also just knew in my heart that it was a boy and my suspicion was confirmed at our ultrasound. 
  • my intuition was right! I thought boy from day one!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I thought it was a boy and it turned out to be a girl.
  • None of the old wives tales were true! You will have whatever youre suppose to! My gut was wrong too.
  • both times my gut feeling was right.

the hb owt was wrong both times.  ds never had a hr below 150s, it was 160s at the big u/s.  dd only had a hr above 150 at the 9 week dating u/s, after that it was always 150 on the dot.  at the big u/s it was 141.

the chinese calendar was wrong with ds, right with dd.

• I KNEW my son was a girl so I think that is just an OWT too and only 50/50 chance you're right.
  • I had the feeling from the very beginning it was a boy, I never once thought it could be a girl. The way I was eating made me think I was having a boy, as did the fact I wasn't sick at all. The heartbeat stayed higher though. Of course, it ended up as a boy at the big ultrasound :)
  • I knew right from the start he's a boy. Then I had three dreams he was a boy. Sure enough, ALL BOY!
  • We both thought it was a girl, but to our surprise, it is a boy. 
  • We were totally thrown for a loop.  I swore up and down that I was having a girl. Everyone I spoke with thought it was a girl. None of the OWT were true. Baby's heartbeat has always been high from the start, which apparently also pointed towards girl.

When we had our Big Ultrasound and found it was undeniably a boy, we were shocked, and pleasantly suprised!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Both my grandmother and mother passed out at four months when they were pregnant with their girls...and not their boys...so they thought for sure the same would happen with me. I didn't pass out..so they were sure it was a boy. The heartbeat OWT...said it was a boy.....the chinese gender predictor (which I think is silly but still looked at) said boy....DH thought for sure it was a boy.....and I was 100% convinced it was a boy....

It's amazing how your state of mind changes when you find out you're having a girl after being certain it's a boy. I went from "He'll need some cute shirts...pants....shoes....maybe a hat" to "Holy crap! I have to get shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, barretts, hair ties, headbands, hair clips, bracelets....do I let her grow her hair out long or keep it short....and omg she'll want her ears pierced one day...and she'll start wearing jewelry....and omg bras..........."

I've been a wreck. Ha ha.

Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • gut feeling and OWT were all right on. hubs even had a gut feeling.
  • I am having a girl, and I thought (for no real reason) that it was a boy. Then the night before we found out DH said girl out of the blue.

I wasn't really familiar with the OWT so I just now looked them up. Here's what is TRUE for me and my girl: I'm carrying high, my skin's been a mess, I'm craving sweets (especially chocolate!) like crazy. Oh, and DH's been gaining weight, which supposedly also means a girl. So, it seems like these OWT were right on the money!

• every OWT said girl, chinese gender prediction said girl, everyone said girl, my gut said boy

and its a boy!!  

you are due a day after me =) 

• For both pregnancies we were right.  For DD, we had sex five days before ovulation, so we were pretty sure she would be a girl, in addition to the high heartbeat and gender chart.  We were right.

For this one, we had sex on ovulation day, gender chart said boy, and our guts said boy.  Sure, enough...boy.  The only thing that threw us off was the heartbeat was in the 170s the whole time so far. 

• I would of bet money That I was having a girl. I had a very strong gut feeling, all the silly gender test said girl, Chinese gender chart said girl and this pregnancy has been so different than my first pregnancy with my son. Just found out on Tues that it's a BOY!
  • I thought it was a boy. My husband thought girl. He was right and I was completely shocked:)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We are pretty darn sure it's a boy (had 3D ultrasound yesterday and we both we saw the goods - tech wrote down gender in an envelope and we'll open on cmas).

If we're right - our guts will have been correct (I've been referring to baby as a 'he' without event thinking about it since Day 1). Heart Rate adn Chinese Predictor Test will both be wrong.

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"