1st Trimester

First Response Home PG test

Good morning ladies!

I am four days late and I took the first response pg test.  At first (yesterday) I only saw one really dark line then this morning I looked down and I noticed a very faint line next to it.  I read the instructions and it says that one line might be darker than the other.

Has anyone else had this happen? because now unfortunately ... I STILL DON'T KNOW!!!

I would love some feed back

Thanks

Re: First Response Home PG test

• So this morning, you're looking at a stick you peed on yesterday?

If you dug your pee stick out of the trashcan from yesterday, it's an evaporation line.

• If you saw only one line yesterday, that is a negative test. They are only good for a certain amount of time. What you see today is probably just an evap line.
  • Loading the player...
  • Evaporation lines can appear after the window of time that they tell you to check the test. This will show a 'positive' result after a few hours when maybe there really isn't one. I would wait a few days and test again.
  • I agree with Blair. A line is a line ONLY if you read it within the correct timeframe. I would test again.

Its also possible that you are not late yet and  and just ovulated late.

• It's jsut an evaporation line, cause your looking at a test from yesterday... and so I would buy another test and retake then you will know...

but the first test I took was a FR test and one line was darker then the other so i retested two hours later with a CBED test and got another positive....

• oh thanks ladies hahaha no I didn't dig it out of the trash it was just on top LOL. That makes sense about the evap line.

Thanks

• Ok I do agree with everyone b-c after 10 minutes the test is techniqually invalid, but I did the same thing and it ended up being a BFP. Well I peed on a stick that morning and didn't see anything. When I got home from work that same day I was peeing again and thought hmmm let's look at that test again b-c i still hadn't started. Stupid i know. Well there was a faint line so I tested again the next morning twice and i got 2 more faint lines and doc confirmed it that day. I realized I hadn't waited long enough the day before to see the very faint line. In most cases it means nothing, but you should retest tomorrow morning just in case.
    "Everything is possible for him who believes.?
  • I say take another test and wait

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • a faint positive is still a positive....maybe go to the DR and have them do a blood test...

Congrats!!Smile

• imagedebutante117:

a faint positive is still a positive....maybe go to the DR and have them do a blood test...

Congrats!!Smile

except not. 

• imagedebutante117:

a faint positive is still a positive....maybe go to the DR and have them do a blood test...

Congrats!!Smile

Uh, not after 24 hours.

• there is a website.. I think it is called peeonastick.com or something- anyway- it is really informative and although a line is a line- it is only a line IF IT IS IN THE FIRST TEN MINUTES.  After that it is trash.

BTW for what it is worth I took a home pregnancy test after my BFP at 9 weeks cause I was freaking over nothing and the "positive" line was VERY dark and the control line was faint.

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • imageKittahMama:

there is a website.. I think it is called peeonastick.com or something- anyway- it is really informative and although a line is a line- it is only a line IF IT IS IN THE FIRST TEN MINUTES.  After that it is trash.

BTW for what it is worth I took a home pregnancy test after my BFP at 9 weeks cause I was freaking over nothing and the "positive" line was VERY dark and the control line was faint.

Hmm

You know a positive pregnancy test does not ALWAYS translate to a viable pregnancy, right?  The hormones remain in your system for weeks / months.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
  • I say test again!!!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i took 2 first response tests. they were both positive with two lines, ..one was a LITTLE bit lighter, but still very noticeable. i waited until a week after my missed period tho.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is EXACTLY how it went for me.  It was a couple days before Thanksgiving, so I didn't want to jump the gun and get too excited.  I knew I'd have a few days off from work and could just test again the next day.  So I tested 6 days in a row and it got darker every day.  

I took a pic with my phone and sent it to a pregnant friend of mine to ask her what she thought about the faintness of the line and she called me right back to congratulate me.  She thought I was sending the pic as a joke.  She said the second line doesn't have to be the same shade as the first line to count as positive.  I took her word for it since she spent 4 years trying to get pregnant.  She's my go-to friend.

I couldn't wait for Monday to come around to call my OBGYN's office.

It sound very promising for you!  Good luck!  :)  

Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • so, yes like everyone has said, you are supposed to disregard the test after 10 minutes. however, the same thing happened to me. I took a pg test and it looked negative. 20 min later, I looked at ?it and saw a line. I took another one the next day and and it was definitely positive right away. so, just test again in a day or two!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"