Sorry for posting it three times in the other thread - that was an accident

snickybugg
Not Ranked
Joined on 04-19-2005
Upstate, NY
5,686 Points
snickybugg is online. Last active: 12-14-2009, 5:23 PMNewbie
-->

Really need help locating something? What's the name!?

-->

Okay. So. On my way home from work I hit a fairly good sized dog! Probably around 50-60lbs. I was going around 58-60 so my seatbelt tightened pretty good around the stomach (where the baby is!!). I freaked out and took the seatbelt off. It seems to be fine, but I'm terrified now if hitting something else even bigger next time! We live in a dear infested area, btw.

Anyways, what is the name of that seatbelt thingy that moves the strap away from the uterus/baby area? I have seen them a few times but never gave a thought in getting one because I consider myself a "Good driver.". Now I realize sometimes we can be excellent drivers and its someone elses (or somethings) fault that we have no control over. A bit of help would be great, ladies. Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family

12-14-2009 at 2:50 PM
slc2b
Not Ranked
Joined on 12-23-2006
Beautiful Colorado
58,486 Points
slc2b is online. Last active: 12-14-2009, 5:23 PMSilver
-->
-->
Okay, I can understand being freaked out a little, but what about the part that you feel bad for hitting a poor dog??

Pregnancy Ticker 
12-14-2009 at 2:51 PM
bobbidall
Not Ranked
Joined on 08-13-2008
California
51,825 Points
bobbidall is online. Last active: 12-14-2009, 5:22 PMSilver
-->
-->
Were all on pins and needles, what happened to the dog?  I hope he's okay. 

imageimage
imageimageNursing Bras at Nurtured Familyimage 
12-14-2009 at 2:54 PM
snickybugg
Not Ranked
Joined on 04-19-2005
Upstate, NY
5,686 Points
-->
-->
imageslc2b:
Okay, I can understand being freaked out a little, but what about the part that you feel bad for hitting a poor dog??

The dog itself runs free on a farm so I knew it would get hit at some point. Honestly, I dont know how it is b.c I was too scared and terrified for myself and the baby to give two Shi*s about a dog that runs free. The owners have even BEEN FINED for letting it (and another dog) run constantly.

Pregnancy Ticker

12-14-2009 at 2:55 PM
snickybugg
Not Ranked
Joined on 04-19-2005
Upstate, NY
5,686 Points
-->
-->
imagebobbidall:

And btw, my car front is DAMAGED to the dog so if I were to go to the owner then I would freak the hell out for 1.) not giving two craps about letting their dogs run free after fines and 2.) I would be making the owners pay for my damaged car.

Pregnancy Ticker

12-14-2009 at 2:57 PM
ParadisePr...
Not Ranked
Joined on 06-13-2007
Sharpsville, PA
19,060 Points
ParadisePrincess is online. Last active: 12-14-2009, 5:23 PMBronze
-->
-->
....Indifferent

Pregnancy Ticker 
12-14-2009 at 2:58 PM
mrs.mastro
Not Ranked
Joined on 10-23-2007
Colorado
4,534 Points
mrs.mastro is online. Last active: 12-14-2009, 5:23 PMNewbie
-->
-->
imageParadisePrincess:
....Indifferent

same here 

Pregnancy Ticker 
12-14-2009 at 2:58 PM
snickybugg
Not Ranked
Joined on 04-19-2005
Upstate, NY
5,686 Points
-->
-->
imageParadisePrincess:
....Indifferent

this was a wasted post.

Pregnancy Ticker

12-14-2009 at 3:00 PM
smittysoup
Not Ranked
Joined on 07-22-2009
Renton, WA
8,672 Points
smittysoup is online. Last active: 12-14-2009, 5:23 PMNewbie
-->
-->

Yikes! it is not the dogs fault that its owner doesn't take care of it

Poor puppy Sad I hope it is ok.  I also am glad you and your LO are ok, and you should definitely report those owners, but also make sure that they know their dog was hit by a car so they can get it medical attention!!

Pregnancy Ticker
imageimageimage 
12-14-2009 at 3:01 PM
mrs.mastro
Not Ranked
Joined on 10-23-2007
Colorado
4,534 Points
mrs.mastro is online. Last active: 12-14-2009, 5:23 PMNewbie
-->
-->
imagesnickybugg:
imageParadisePrincess:
....Indifferent

this was a wasted post.

It might have been a better idea to just ask about the seatbelt thing without the story.   

Pregnancy Ticker 
12-14-2009 at 3:01 PM
bobbidall
Not Ranked
Joined on 08-13-2008
California
51,825 Points
bobbidall is online. Last active: 12-14-2009, 5:22 PMSilver
-->
-->
imagesnickybugg:
imagebobbidall:

And btw, my car front is DAMAGED to the dog so if I were to go to the owner then I would freak the hell out for 1.) not giving two craps about letting their dogs run free after fines and 2.) I would be making the owners pay for my damaged car.

Okay, I understand your upset about your car being damaged and the accident, but try to remember this is an animal that does not know the difference between right and wrong. 

So, you haven't talked to the owners about the accident?  Shouldn't they know if their dog needs medical attention or is dead.  I absolutely understand your frustration with the owners.  We have the same situation at my house with dogs on the loose, but if I hit one I would still let them know so they can handle the situation. 

To answer your question, I don't know about the seat belt thing.  I'd call your doctor so they can set up an u/s if your concerned about it. 

imageimage
imageimageNursing Bras at Nurtured Familyimage 
12-14-2009 at 3:03 PM
snickybugg
Not Ranked
Joined on 04-19-2005
Upstate, NY
5,686 Points
-->
-->
imagesmittysoup:

Yikes! it is not the dogs fault that its owner doesn't take care of it

Poor puppy Sad I hope it is ok.  I also am glad you and your LO are ok, and you should definitely report those owners, but also make sure that they know their dog was hit by a car so they can get it medical attention!!

They've been in the paper for having been fined up to $2,000 in the last 2 years b.c of it. Honestly I don't care b.c I care about my baby and not someones dog. Not to be heartless but if it happened to you I'm sure u would feel the same way. And now I'm asking for peoples help and everyone cares about the dam* dog.

Pregnancy Ticker

12-14-2009 at 3:03 PM
snickybugg
Not Ranked
Joined on 04-19-2005
Upstate, NY
5,686 Points
-->
-->
imagemrs.mastro:
imagesnickybugg:
imageParadisePrincess:
....Indifferent

this was a wasted post.

It might have been a better idea to just ask about the seatbelt thing without the story.   

Apparently, but obviously it's still doing no good b.c no one knows the name.

Pregnancy Ticker

12-14-2009 at 3:06 PM
snickybugg
Not Ranked
Joined on 04-19-2005
Upstate, NY
5,686 Points
-->
-->
imagebobbidall:
imagesnickybugg:
imagebobbidall:

Okay, I understand your upset about your car being damaged and the accident, but try to remember this is an animal that does not know the difference between right and wrong. 

So, you haven't talked to the owners about the accident?  Shouldn't they know if their dog needs medical attention or is dead.  I absolutely understand your frustration with the owners.  We have the same situation at my house with dogs on the loose, but if I hit one I would still let them know so they can handle the situation. 

To answer your question, I don't know about the seat belt thing.  I'd call your doctor so they can set up an u/s if your concerned about it. 

If it was reversed I'm sure u would feel the same way about it. Its dark and cold and snowing where I am as well so getting my pregnant butt out of the care when I'm scared shi*less is not on my list. I called my husband and told him (who was with a friend) and they both said screw it because if the owners cared then they would take care of the dog. Obviously a dog knows no difference to stay out of the road or not, but when its so mistreated maybe its better dead than alive to get hurt by another car in the future. The end. Thanks anyways.

Pregnancy Ticker

12-14-2009 at 3:06 PM
smittysoup
Not Ranked
<DIV clas

Re: Snickybuggs Dirty Delete.

• DO YOU EVER THINK MAYBE I DELETED THE POST TO """MAKE THE DRAMA STOP""""?! Who is CAUSING DRAMA here? YOU and your friends by constantly posting them and letting it go on. IF you are "MATURE" enough and dont want to deal with "IMMATURE" people and MUD POSTS then DELETE THIS. If not then I guess we see who the real immature ones are. No
  • imagesnickybugg:
    DO YOU EVER THINK MAYBE I DELETED THE POST TO """MAKE THE DRAMA STOP""""?! Who is CAUSING DRAMA here? YOU and your friends by constantly posting them and letting it go on. IF you are "MATURE" enough and dont want to deal with "IMMATURE" people and MUD POSTS then DELETE THIS. If not then I guess we see who the real immature ones are. No

:::wanders over from 1st tri::::

Ummm do you not understand how the bump works? If you DD, it causes more drama.  

BTW, you kinda suck as a human being. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagesnickybugg:
    DO YOU EVER THINK MAYBE I DELETED THE POST TO """MAKE THE DRAMA STOP""""?! Who is CAUSING DRAMA here? YOU and your friends by constantly posting them and letting it go on. IF you are "MATURE" enough and dont want to deal with "IMMATURE" people and MUD POSTS then DELETE THIS. If not then I guess we see who the real immature ones are. No

lol @ "you and your friends".  Like we are all a big clique ganging up on you.  Nope.  Guess what?  EVERYONE on this board thinks you are a pos for what you posted.  It isn't about drama, it is about making sure you understand that when you post effed up stuff like this, most people that don't lack compassion will get fired up. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Obviously its like high school on this site. I posted THE SAME QUESTION (copied and pasted) to another site and everyone replied making sure I was OKAY and told me what to look for. On here everyone attacks b.c Im PO'D about the situation and scared crapless something could happen. I wont apologize for having a bad night and being worried about the baby. I will however feel bad about the dog, but not the owners due to their inability to take care of their animals.
  • imageslc2b:

imagesnickybugg:

lol @ "you and your friends".  Like we are all a big clique ganging up on you.  Nope.  Guess what?  EVERYONE on this board things you are a pos for what you posted.  It isn't about drama, it is about making sure you understand that when you post effed up stuff like this, most people that don't lack compassion will get fired up. 

Obviously.

• OH. MY.  That poor dog!  And it's WINTER on top of it!  It could be suffering somwhere, freezing.  I think the fact that it has irresponsible owners is even MORE of a reason to help the poor thing!  Maybe if you would have done something after this incident (that is if the dog SURVIVED) it could finally be taken away and given a better home.  Heck, then it wouldn't ever have to be in your way on the road again.

That dog is probably suffering somewhere wondering what the heck it did wrong to deserve this kind of treatment.  As I write this, my beloved little dog is cuddled on the couch next to me, happy and warm, and loved very dearly.  You could have been the person who made the difference between the dog's suffering and possibly a better life. 

Wow.  Just... wow.

image  imageimage image

O13 March Siggy Contest: AnArChY (I do what I want- & I want FOUR GIFS!)

• If I am not mistaken, I very well might be, it is against the law to hit something bigger than a cat and leave.  You could be in very big trouble for hit and run. 
  • I am so repulsed. I cannot believe that I have to share a planet with this lady. I get her being scared at first but the fact that she is mad about her car tells me that she is beyond the fear part and just doesn't have a heart.

The fact that she ranked her car above another living creature is just disgusting and to say that she doesn't care if the dog is suffering and that it is better off dead is even more repulsive.  

• imageCinnamonBun:

imagesnickybugg:

:::wanders over from 1st tri::::

Ummm do you not understand how the bump works? If you DD, it causes more drama.  

BTW, you kinda suck as a human being

Ditto!

FYI When I was about as far along as you snickybugg, I accidently hit a deer. It damaged the front of our car, and while I was worried about the baby, I stopped called DH went back and picked him up so he could find the deer and either make sure it was dead and not suffering or get the proper help. We even called the police non-emergency line to find out what to do.

I hated myself for killing that deer, but there was nothing I could have done. LO was fine.

your are heartless.

• imagedstar:
    If I am not mistaken, I very well might be, it is against the law to hit something bigger than a cat and leave.  You could be in very big trouble for hit and run. 

I'm pretty sure this is true. If her neighbors can prove that she hit the dog and just took off she could be in big trouble, a dog is considered someone's property, and therefore valuable.

• I completely get the priority of baby and momma...I even understand the PO'd-ness towards the neighbors and the damage their horrible ownership caused (as badly timed as it is).  What I don't get is getting upset when people express concern for an injured dog.  It didn't look like anyone got upset with the OP until after she responded about not caring about the dog....

I hope LO is okay and I hope the dog is okay as well.  (I must assume since OP is still posting, that she is okay and sincerely hope she is.)  Very sad situation for the dog and unfortunate for the OP as well.

• If you're worried about the baby you go to the hospital, not post about it on the nest.

Tell the owner's you hit the dog. If you don't I bet the Pets board will track your local police department down and do it for you. 

• imagesnickybugg:
    Obviously its like high school on this site. I posted THE SAME QUESTION (copied and pasted) to another site and everyone replied making sure I was OKAY and told me what to look for. On here everyone attacks b.c Im PO'D about the situation and scared crapless something could happen. I wont apologize for having a bad night and being worried about the baby. I will however feel bad about the dog, but not the owners due to their inability to take care of their animals.

LOL of course Baby-Gaga gave you *hugs and kisses*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"