2nd Trimester

no bump, just bloat?

I'm 13 weeks... does anyone else just have a bloated belly? Sometimes I LOOK pregnant, but that's after I eat something in the morning and I get massively bloated. I've gained weight but I still don't think I *look* pregnant :( I'm just waiting for this bloating to go down.

Sara

Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: no bump, just bloat?

• I think that mine is mostly bloat too.  I looked farther along last week for several days, but it went down over the weekend.  All that is left is a small bump.  I don't "look" pregnant, just fat or bloated.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would say mine is still 80% bloat and 20% baby. lol. I have been taking pictures since I was 3wks 5days (once a week) and I suck it in as much as possible to get the "Bump". I did notice yesterday when I took the 14wk pic that I had a little "Lump". My co-workers still say the bloat is the baby so that makes me feel better. lol. I'm sure it will start sticking out for us by around the new year!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't look pregnant at all until at least 16 weeks, and didn't really get a bump until 19.  It is just now starting to completely round out.  Check my blog for pics.

You'll get there, I promise!

• I'm almost 22 weeks with my 2nd, and I don't have a bump...bloat on somedays just my normal belly on most days
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I still look bloated but I can't suck in my bloat anymore and it doesn't go away after I poop so I have a feeling it is getting to be bump and not bloat.  It is only visible with no clothes or a tight undershirt though.
  • I didn't get a real bump until about 19 weeks.
  • At 13 weeks, I would wake up with a flat tummy and have hauge bump by bedtime.  It was all bloat.

I don't think I started getting any real bump until last week!

• 14 weeks, and I think everything below the belly button is baby. Everything above is bloat.

I think my uterus pushed up all the fat that used to be below my belly button UP... At least' that's my theory! I'm definitely 'chunker' in my upper belly than I used to be!

So yeah, I'd say an 80/20 bloat/baby ratio as well.

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This week I've noticed that I have more of a "perma" bloat if that makes sense...I wake up and still have a stomach that resembles being very bloated before my period - not really a bump, but not actual food bloat since my stomach is empty.

I have a noticeable bloat/bump when wearing tight clothes - enough that family & friends have commented (but I was slender to start off, so I think maybe it just sticks out more?)

• thanks for the responses! I keep thinking I am having an unusual pregnancy since I wasn't getting all the text book 1st trimester symptoms or anything! I'm so tired of the bloat! lol. but at least I am not falling behind or anything. I guess I'll just have to wait it out for the baby to take over completely :)

Sara

Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"