2nd Trimester

I got a raised eyebrow because I eat chocolate...

Vent...

So apparently I am a neglectful mother-to-be because I have had a few Dove Chocolates every now and then, had a sip of my husband's beer once, drank a can of Coke when I had a headache, and ate one tiny piece of Feta Cheese in a salad salad. 

I have had a few people (who are pregnant/due the same time as me) look at me like I am going to have a baby with 3 eyes because I went off the "DO NOT" list. 

Grrr.

Re: I got a raised eyebrow because I eat chocolate...

• pshh whatever. Ive had soda, turkey hoagies, chocolate, and 2 sips of wine.

Eat up, girlfriend, enjoy!

• The pregnancy police! Those people are the worst. Feta is ok btw if it is pasteurized, just check the package! And who in their right mind would give a pregnant woman a hard time about eating chocolate?! It may have some caffiene but it's not like you down triple epressos multiple times a day! Jeez! I had a can of coke yesterday for the first time in forever and damn it was good! So worth it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Please!! I still haven't kicked my caffeine habit (I lurve me some Mt. Dew) but I am well below my limit... and beer is good for you kidneys, which BTW are working overtime right now...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's silly. I have a Coke a couple times a week whenever we go out to eat or get Subway to go. My doctor is pregnant too and told me that she has a Coke every day to help her headaches. I have a little bit of chocolate almost every day whether in a candy bar or a cookie. I love chocolate and I think the baby does too :o)
  • They'd call Dr. Phil on me then!  I have a few cans of pop each week (and enjoy every single one!).  And chocolate...yeah....that's pretty yummy too!
  • tell them to shove it where the sun dont shine ;)  I can assure you that regular old run of the mill chocolate does not contain enough caffiene to do anything to your LO. I got that straight from the horses mouth (my aunt is a Nurse Midwife)
  • Eating chocolate right now - nom, nom.
  • P.S. If you google how much caffeine you're allowed to have while pregnant and then google how much caffeine is in a can of Coke or a chocolate bar, it's not even close to the limit!
  • *gasp*

How could you!!??!

• Hmm you eat chocolate??!! Indifferent

i'm calling CPS

j/k :-)

• I eat chocolate all the time. I have diet cokes a few times a week and a small coffee almost everyday. And I do not drink, but a little wine or beer here and there is fine. People who say that it is not are dramatic!
  • let's see today, I had some crystal meth, a coke, a tuna fish sandwich, i did a beer bong for breakfast followed by a bloody mary for lunch!  LOL, Not too bad, enjoy.  I ate a medium well steak last night and well, I didn't feel guilty not one little bit..........NY STRIP YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY
  • The only beverages I've cut are any that are alcoholic.  I eat normally (except my DH makes me stay with the no cold lunch meat rule my OB set)and definitely drink dr pepper and eat tons of chocolate.  I'm pretty sure my kid won't have a 3rd eye.
    Woman, I said put down the camera!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know, it's ridiculous.

Ironically, most of these woman eat fast food every day (which I'm not knocking, because I love me some Taco Bell).  People, don't believe everything you read in "What to Expect when you're Expecting".  Geesh.  ;)

• Meh, whatever. I drink soda and eat chocolate. Did so with DD and she's perfect. See siggy :)
  • I don't remember the last day I DIDN'T have chocolate!  There's nothing wrong with having chocolate!
  • That's ridiculous! I am so not a fan of the pregnancy police....
  • Some people are so judgmental. I work with children and have to be very active and the other ladies are always telling me to be careful. I dyed my hair and my stylist told me I shouldn't (my doctor said it's okay after the 1st trimester). I have 1/2 coffee most days and you know what, none of it is going to hurt the baby...or cause it to have three eyes Stick out tongue. You do what's right for you.

• The human race has survived how long?!  Before people knew about folic acid, nitrates, caffeine, listeria...babies were born everyday.

People are obnoxious, judgmental, know-it-alls.  Being pregnant has made me realize just how much.  Everyone has an opinion and a story about "well, when I was pregnant, I did this". 

I eat chocolate, have a small coffee 3-4 x's a week, am *considering* a glass of wine (my doctor said THAT'S JUST FINE), eat hot dogs, have a pop every now and then.  If my child is born with anything wrong with it (god forbid) I very much think it will not be because of anything I've just listed.

• I know what you mean, my mom apparently works part-time for the pregnancy police. She is constantly chastising me over my diet (which I don't even think is that bad, usually). Thanksgiving was great, getting the side-eye as I sipped on my whopping 4 oz. of wine.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• lol.  I eat chocolate, and drink coffee, and OMG... BEER.  DH and I go to the pub every Sunday and I have a half pint of Guinness (which is high in iron, btw).  I don't feel bad and my doc is fine with it, he even says a whole pint would be fine but I get tipsy after just the half!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Don't sweat it! that stuff isn't even a big deal. you're a good momma and you don't need that. DUMB!
  • spphhhhh~ dont worry about what other people think. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetabitha6557:

The human race has survived how long?!  Before people knew about folic acid, nitrates, caffeine, listeria...babies were born everyday.

People are obnoxious, judgmental, know-it-alls.  Being pregnant has made me realize just how much.  Everyone has an opinion and a story about "well, when I was pregnant, I did this". 

I eat chocolate, have a small coffee 3-4 x's a week, am *considering* a glass of wine (my doctor said THAT'S JUST FINE), eat hot dogs, have a pop every now and then.  If my child is born with anything wrong with it (god forbid) I very much think it will not be because of anything I've just listed.

This.  Other posters said the same thing, but I had to give it to a Kansas City girl (my hometown).  :)

My doctor specifically told me that one or two sodas A DAY was ok, as was lunchmeat.  I've had subway a couple times, and being that fried foods are still grossing me out... it was well worth it. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm eating a chocolate muffin right now. I have had red wine, Subway (without it toasted. *gasp!*), sips of my husbands Coke pretty much every day..

I keep hearing it's all about moderation, so that's what I'm going for.

• So ridiculous! It is times like these that make me wish I had a personal assistant whose one and only job was to slap people who annoy me. I would let you borrow him/her for the "few people" you mention. Idiots.
  • I eat chocolate and drink sodas quite often.  My dr also said she ate subway 3 times a week when she was pregnant. 

People are just crazy paranoid! 

• Try telling a pregnant Greek girl not to eat Feta... ha!  Like tellin' the Pope not to pray.

Those girls need to get over themselves.

• Opps, I just ate a chocolate donut! ;o)

Seriously, you CANNOT avoid EVERYTHING. Those women I bet you a million bucks (if I had it) that they have ate something on the "DO NOT EAT" list, too and they just don't know it. Tell 'em to bite you and walk away. Smile

• Ha!  I've had lots of feta cheese, one or two coke zeros, and a piece of chocolate every day.  Some people worry too much.
  • some people aren't very educated, or they are self educated via the internet.  right after my BFP, before seeing my OB for the first time, I did my internet research, which scared the crap out of me.  So I brought in my list of stuff to ask the OB. most of it revolved around the eat/cannot eat list.  My OB said, 1) moderation.  Don't eat lunch meat and cheese for every meal.  2) think realistically.  Did it ever make you sick before?  (in reguards to feta cheeses/sushi etc.  so if you are eating at a place you have been before, and have never had a problem, eat there again, just not every day.  3) if it smells bad, don't eat it, and use DH's nose, b/c our noses are all off

So I eat my Quiznos, raw fish sushi, and caffiene (although rarely anyways).  

If I went by just what the internet said, I'd be eating organic apples and bell peppers for 9 mos.

• I just love going to a nice dinner and being told or reminded everytime by my MIL what I can/can not eat. She practically tries to forbid me a glass of wine too. There is nothing that makes me angrier than someone telling me what to do. How old am I? 5??? People need to keep their un-solicited advice to themselves.. Not welcomed.

• OMG!! I'm so tired of people and their unsolicited opinions!! I'm going to do whatever I want, and obviously I don't think it's harmful, or I wouldn't do it!!!!

• Call them Pregnancy Prudes! A "do not" list is Most of the time a "do not IN EXCESS" list. As long as you are healthy, and enjoying your baby, that is truly the only thing that matters! These paranoid people need to read a little more on pregnancy, and understand that little things in moderation are not dangerous, and like many of the women have previously posted, are actually helpful!

Psha to them! 

• My neighbor is 14 days away from delivering twins and she has a beer at dinner when she goes out or a glass of wine. Not all the time but she is fine and babies are fine as well. I have a few sips of wine a week and I have eaten sushi. Like someone else said if it didnt make you sick before then you should be ok. It is all in moderation. I drink my Americano's I do get half caffeine and half decaf but my blood pressure and everything has been great. 

I have a friend who told me now dont eat sushi and coke and all this. I actually got sick of hearing her on facebook and blocked her! We arent the first generation to get pregnant! 

• Wow, chocolate - how EVIL of you!  

Everyone has an opinion about your pregnancy, and every single one of those opinions are annoying, rather than helpful. WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE???? Oops, sorry, mood swing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"