2nd Trimester

Feeling flutters?

I'm 14wks today and I swear I have felt flutters since yesterday. I'm very thin so I thought maybe..just maybe!? I told my DH and he thought I was crazy! While I was talking to him I was looking at "How big is baby" and someone mentioned feeling a flutter and then another person (on the comments). So this makes me think even more this is what I'm feeling. The best way to describe it is like a quick flick or slight quick poke. Last night I felt it about 2-3x's and today 2xs so far.

Anyone else experience this already?

Re: Feeling flutters?

• I didn't feel it until 17 weeks but that definitely sounds like baby!  Very exciting!
  • I felt this one and DD2 early.  Not regular, but definitely baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking out for it and have had some suspicious feelings, but feel like its so early so I am kind of brushing it off. Maybe I will start paying closer attention. 
  • imageecjun09:
    Oh LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking out for it and have had some suspicious feelings, but feel like its so early so I am kind of brushing it off. Maybe I will start paying closer attention. 

It was very strange. A quick poke like gas! LOL. But I wasn't bloated and hadn't ate in a few hours (wasn't hungry). It was just ...different. IDK maybe my mind is running wild but I wasn't looking for it just yet so that's why it was such a surprise and I'm doubting myself. I'm taking a look online to see when I should be able to feel it. Most sites say 16wks-20wks for first timers and around 14wks for Moms who have experienced it before. I'll have to ask my doc. when I see him on Jan. 4th if that's what I felt already. By then I'm sure I will be feeling a lot more! Big Smile

• I'm very jealous! I'm 18 weeks with my second and still feel nothing! I have weekly ultrasounds and see LO moving around but just can't feel it! I didn't feel DD until I was 24 weeks.
  • Yep I felt something last week (around 14 weeks), but haven't felt it since. I wish it would come back!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

•  So exciting-If it stood out to you as even a question or a maybe, that means it was different enough to probably be the baby! :) Also I have heard that the smaller you are, the more likely it is that you can feel the baby early. (Although some women disagree). Keep us posted! If you feel more let me know....I am dying FOR SOMETHING! Anything...I feel so normal.

imagesnickybugg:

imageecjun09:
    Oh LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking out for it and have had some suspicious feelings, but feel like its so early so I am kind of brushing it off. Maybe I will start paying closer attention. 

It was very strange. A quick poke like gas! LOL. But I wasn't bloated and hadn't ate in a few hours (wasn't hungry). It was just ...different. IDK maybe my mind is running wild but I wasn't looking for it just yet so that's why it was such a surprise and I'm doubting myself. I'm taking a look online to see when I should be able to feel it. Most sites say 16wks-20wks for first timers and around 14wks for Moms who have experienced it before. I'll have to ask my doc. when I see him on Jan. 4th if that's what I felt already. By then I'm sure I will be feeling a lot more! Big Smile

• I'm feeling flutters, I'm not thin but this is my second pregnancy. Oh and I was feeling DS move around 14weeks too, I may just be one of those sensitive people. HTH
  • I started feeling some vibrations around 14 weeks, and on Tuesday I was CONVINCED I was feeling baby.  But I haven't really felt anything since:(

Also, I'm not thin. Since the baby is inside of me, behind whatever fat I have, I don't see how fatness or thiness could matter. Feeling baby from outside I think is a different story.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  •  I have felt vibrations too, but I wasn't sure (still not sure) if it was digestion. I am going to start paying closer attention. I just thought it was too early!

imageAbJams:

I started feeling some vibrations around 14 weeks, and on Tuesday I was CONVINCED I was feeling baby.  But I haven't really felt anything since:(

Also, I'm not thin. Since the baby is inside of me, behind whatever fat I have, I don't see how fatness or thiness could matter. Feeling baby from outside I think is a different story.

• I have felt something the past couple of days.  It lasts for several seconds and feels like an eyelid twitch in my ute.  It usually happens a few time in a row and I have been noticing it 2-3 times a day.  I feel like a nut job though and my nurse side says, "there is no way" but my mom side says "I don't know what else it could be".
  • I am 18 weeks 1 day and I have been feeling flutters for about a week or so. It's pretty cool to finally know that someone is in there. lol.
  • imageLambie.:
    I have felt something the past couple of days.  It lasts for several seconds and feels like an eyelid twitch in my ute.  It usually happens a few time in a row and I have been noticing it 2-3 times a day.  I feel like a nut job though and my nurse side says, "there is no way" but my mom side says "I don't know what else it could be".

I think it could very well be flutters for you as well. I'm 99% myself that it is! We know our bodies more than anyone else (obviously) so if you think it might be...go with it! Congrats!

•  Hmmm, again makes me wonder if I have felt the baby too!? An eyelid twitch is a perfect description. Even better than vibration....Now I want it to happen again so I can analyze! :)

imagesnickybugg:

imageLambie.:
    I have felt something the past couple of days.  It lasts for several seconds and feels like an eyelid twitch in my ute.  It usually happens a few time in a row and I have been noticing it 2-3 times a day.  I feel like a nut job though and my nurse side says, "there is no way" but my mom side says "I don't know what else it could be".

I think it could very well be flutters for you as well. I'm 99% myself that it is! We know our bodies more than anyone else (obviously) so if you think it might be...go with it! Congrats!

• imageLambie.:

Eye twitches are exactly how I describe the early movements. I felt it for the first time near the end of 17 weeks and they're still going strong and more numerous each day. It's definitley baby - congrats! :)

• I started feeling baby at 10 weeks. People told me I was crazy but when I said something about it at work ppl asked if I was feeling it then and since I was we went and did an US and sure enough the baby was moving around right hwere I said he was!!

The hubs is pretty sure he felt the baby kicking last night and I think he did too but we're waititn till it gets more regular before we get too excited about it! :)

Ryleigh Kate Due May 23, 2010, Born June 2, 2010 - 9lbs 1oz 21 3/4inches Induced due to being overdue, labored 36 hours start to finish Coraline Marie Due February 23, 2012 Born March 1,2010 8lbs 10oz 21.5 inches Induced due to being overdue, worried about size of baby due to big sister being a monster. Born via emergency c-section after having heart decels down into the 60's. Our Blog
  • My doctor gave me some helpful advice in telling the difference between baby movement and gas - baby movement is below your belly button and gas is above. After a couple weeks you'll definitely be able to tell the difference easily!
    Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • imagermaxim:
    My doctor gave me some helpful advice in telling the difference between baby movement and gas - baby movement is below your belly button and gas is above. After a couple weeks you'll definitely be able to tell the difference easily!

100% sure it was below my belly button!! :o)

• The flutter I felt were like riding a roller coaster and your tummy gets that ticklish feeling.......and it was about 16 weeks when I fel them
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker -- Anniversary --
  • imagermaxim:
    My doctor gave me some helpful advice in telling the difference between baby movement and gas - baby movement is below your belly button and gas is above. After a couple weeks you'll definitely be able to tell the difference easily!

Hmm I'm not an expert on the digestive system by any means but saying gas is only felt above the belly button seems a bit absurd.  I have felt gas below my belly button pre-pregnancy & while pregnant plenty of times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"