3rd Trimester

What's your favorite "out there" name?

(I got this from the "Project Pregnancy" blog on Parenting.com )

You know, that name that is a little different, seemingly not your style at all, and would get the side-eye from certain friends and family?

Mine is Harper ( Same as the blogger.) Yeah, I know that it's not a strange name by any means, but it's one of those names that people either love or hate. When I see people naming their little girls Harper, I get the warm and fuzzies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's your favorite "out there" name?

• Loading the player...
  • Our girl name choices were: *drum roll please... hehe*

Harper Lorraine

Finley Lorraine

Emerson Lorraine

We chose the name Liam Patrick for our son.

I like some of the "out there" names.. but not the names that seem made up like my nephew is Calyx... WTF?!?! hehe

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like a lot of out there names...it'd be hard to pick a favorite. Maybe Tiernan, for a boy, and Isla for a girl.
  • imagedunvilles:

Our girl name choices were: *drum roll please... hehe*

Harper Lorraine

Finley Lorraine

Emerson Lorraine

I like some of the "out there" names.. but not the names that seem made up like my nephew is Calyx... WTF?!?! hehe

Ooh, have a girl next time! Another Harper!

::heart melts::

• harper is my all time favorite name, but i also like maddox. it's not too out there, but it's pretty uncommon.
  • imagesoko987:
    imagedunvilles:

Our girl name choices were: *drum roll please... hehe*

Harper Lorraine

Finley Lorraine

Emerson Lorraine

Ooh, have a girl next time! Another Harper!

::heart melts::

Lol, I love that name too!! :) I have a friend that named her daughter Sawyer.... she is absolutely adorable! I love that name too!!

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran

• I secretly love the name Honey.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I love Harper and Cora. DH hates the name Harper so it's off the table, but if we ever have a girl her name will likely be Cora.
  • OOOh! I like Harper for a girl. That's so pretty.

We had a lot that our families didn't like, but none that were real out there. I like Mason.

We also seriously considered Anakin Luke so DH could say "Luke, I am your father."

We also considered Roland Lestat Oliver, but everyone HATED that. I would have called him Roly Poly Olie! 

• DH and I love the name Magnolia. But knew we'd probably get a lot of grief for it - so we went with other favorite weird name - Everly.

But Magnolia still may happen if we have another girl one day.

• We're naming our little guy "Zane" my daughter is Rhiannon after the Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks song.

I'm a florist so I also like the floral names--like Poppy and Peony. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageItaliannvegas:

Phinnaeus

Phinnaeus and Ferb!!  I love that show! 

• imageWithoutMelissa:

DH and I love the name Magnolia. But knew we'd probably get a lot of grief for it - so we went with other favorite weird name - Everly.

Everly is really cute!! 

• imageWithoutMelissa:

DH and I love the name Magnolia. But knew we'd probably get a lot of grief for it - so we went with other favorite weird name - Everly.

we have an Everly too! i am in love with it- i dont think its weird at all!

I also loved Harlow (before Nicolr Richie snatched it) and Arden for a girl.

• Ok, since I've commented on other posts, here's mine:

For a girl, I like Ethan (not out there, but it's traditionally male...), Eponine, Esmee, Cadence, and Ashlyn.  I Would have Ann or Elizabeth or something for the middle name of any of those, but I really don't like traditional names for girls.  Since my name is Brittany, there were a million other Brittanys everywhere I went growing up, so I'd want a more uncommon name for my girl.

For boys we picked Connor for our LO, but I like Asher, Hunter, and Faber (my maiden name).  

Connor is the absolute only name that DH and I could agree on.  His ONLY suggestion for a girl was Kennedy (which is totally NMS, I would never name my kid that), then he told me that I couldn't name our son (if we ever have a 2nd) Faber because "you can't have last names for first names."  At which point I used his logic to veto Kennedy.   

• imagebrandyward:

OOOh! I like Harper for a girl. That's so pretty.

We had a lot that our families didn't like, but none that were real out there. I like Mason.

We also seriously considered Anakin Luke so DH could say "Luke, I am your father."

We also considered Roland Lestat Oliver, but everyone HATED that. I would have called him Roly Poly Olie! 

We are naming our baby Mason...I love it!

If we were having a gurl, we would name her London Gabriella!  One of my friends suggested Harper...it's really cute!

• Our little girl's name is Eleanor.  I don't consider it "out there" but it isn't very common. 
  • imagesoko987:

(I got this from the "Project Pregnancy" blog on Parenting.com )

You know, that name that is a little different, seemingly not your style at all, and would get the side-eye from certain friends and family?

Mine is Harper ( Same as the blogger.) Yeah, I know that it's not a strange name by any means, but it's one of those names that people either love or hate. When I see people naming their little girls Harper, I get the warm and fuzzies.

Aw... Harper Morgan was our little girl name! Dunno if we're still going to use it... I'm really liking Elizabeth these days (like Charles, there are many nickname possibilities, and thus different ways to identify oneself with a name).

My fave "out there" names...

I've always liked geographical names, but those are now all taken by celebs and strippers (Savannah, Paris, Shiloh, etc.)

I love flower names (Daisy, Rose, Lily, Camellia (or Camille), Iris)

I also love Jasper 

• I have always loved Wren, and Sparrow for girls names.
  • If we were ever to have another girl, I really love the names Waverly and Cordelia.  Unfortunately DH thinks they are both "weird".

I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • "Nature" names are NMS, but I kind of love them anyway.  My favorite is River.
    IMG_3932
  • Fox was strongly considered for this boy. My husband was really pushing for it, and I like it...but I just couldn't commit to something so different.
  • Quinnley for a girl, and call her "Quinn". I'm not a fan of odd names, but something about that one just strikes me.
  • Scarlett!  I love it.  Not that it's out there, it's just not the style of the other names & DH would think I was crazy.

For a boy, I don't really have any that are too out there.  I really like Damien but the movie The Omen ruined it for my DH & everyone in my family!

• I really wanted to go to Tyson for a boy, but DH won't let me. 
  • I really like the name Raine, but DH wasn't going for it.
  • Sky for a girl.  And my husband LOVES the name.  Her middle name will be Malynn (if it is a girl.)  I also like the name Piper, but my hubby doesn't care for it.  For boys, we both like Calvin and Levi.  Not completely out there, and yes, we do realize they are brands of jeans....
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are naming our daughter Cambria Elizabeth
  • Oh and for a girl...Leighton. So Cute.

I'm pretty sure we are going with Lucas Christopher.

• I really like Rowan for boy or girl, but I think it is trending toward being a girl name these days.
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Diesel...I don't know why. It is just one that stuck in my head after hearing Toni Braxton name her son that.
  • I love the name Cheyenne for a girl. I love "western" things, plus I just think it sounds so pretty. But my husband thinks it sounds like a stripper name. Sigh...
  • Our daughters name is EvaLee, pronounced like it was two seperate words, and for our next baby who is due this coming wednesday we picked out Ceejay and CallieJean :)
  • Our first name pick is Darby for either sex.

I also like Asher, Finn, Azalea, and Cordelia.

• I like Hadley for a girl.
  • onyx or jet for a boy. i really like jet but i'm pretty sure everyone would make fun of it. also, esmee for a girl
  • I love the name Clementine for a girl, but it's a little strange and there are no nice sounding nicknames for it.  For a boy I love Atticus, and I pushed really hard for that to be our boy name but DH was not havin it.  So if we have a girl it will be Hazel and for a boy it will be Samson.  Not super weird but not at all common.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"