3rd Trimester

Ladies with anterior placenta

When did your kicks get uncomfortable? I feel Simon all the time, but it feels similar to how it felt when I first felt him, only more often and in more places. Am I just lucky or do you think it has anything to do with anterior placenta?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ladies with anterior placenta

• I have to really concentrate to feel this kid at all.  It's pretty disconcerting, TBH.

It has a lot to do with your placenta placement, I'm sure.  I had a posterior placenta with DD, and her kicks got uncomfortable right around 30-32 weeks.

• How do you mean, uncomfortable?? My placenta is anterior and the kicks are low right now, like on my cervix, which are uncomfortable...but how to the kicks change?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The HH's kicks are not uncomfortable yet, and we are almost at 26 weeks now.
  • My kicks are felt super low.  After learning that LO is booty down, it is either her booty or some feet.  So, with it being on my cervix, that gets a little uncomfortable at times. 

• It depends on where she is kicking, but I have had some that make me yell out.  I swear she had a grip on my left ovary last night.  :)
  • imageLuvMyBostons:
    How do you mean, uncomfortable?? My placenta is anterior and the kicks are low right now, like on my cervix, which are uncomfortable...but how to the kicks change?
    Ehhh, not sure what I mean, actually. I just thought it got uncomfortable at some point.
  • imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageLuvMyBostons:
    How do you mean, uncomfortable?? My placenta is anterior and the kicks are low right now, like on my cervix, which are uncomfortable...but how to the kicks change?
    Ehhh, not sure what I mean, actually. I just thought it got uncomfortable at some point.

I know that in saying getting kicked in my cervix is pretty uncomfortable will only tempt Murphy's Law and make the pain worse...but it honestly is a weird ass feeling! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been pretty uncomfortable tonight. Last appt my m/w told me I'm either feelig her head or her butt in the upper right hand side of my belly. It's like she's really pushing out in this one particular spot, and it gets really hard (just this spot). Pretty uncomfy. I also had an anterior placenta with dd and I know it got uncomfy but I can't remember when.
  • I have an anterior placenta and my little guy's kicks haven't gotten very uncomfortable. The most uncomfortable thing so far is when he pushes out in one spot or kicks my ribs/bones or cervix. I've noticed them becoming much stronger, and more like actual movements instead of just kicks like before. But nothing too uncomfortable yet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Re: Kicks to the cervix

Definately a wierd feeling and causes preasure like pain after some times. The only way i can describe it is like LO is using the back of my cervix like a spring board. The strong kicks are definately in the lower areas, last ultrasound showed the baby was breech. Have to wear panty liners for insurance, kicks to the bladder are a nuce surprise too! I've only felt full body turns or big movements a hand full of times. Not sure if that has to do with the placenta's position.

• imageRACox:
    I have an anterior placenta and my little guy's kicks haven't gotten very uncomfortable. The most uncomfortable thing so far is when he pushes out in one spot or kicks my ribs/bones or cervix. I've noticed them becoming much stronger, and more like actual movements instead of just kicks like before. But nothing too uncomfortable yet!

This exactly.  My LO is headdown, but face up so she kicks me high on my left side under my ribs, but it's more like tap-dancing.  The big movements I feel are to the left of my belly-button...I think she's drawing her knees towards her chest and they straightening her legs back out again.  Everyonce in a while I'll feel a little jab on my cervix...her elbow perhaps?  But nothing uncomfortable.

Here's a Q for you anterior placent ladies....anyone NOT feeling hiccups?  I am not.  I asked my doc and she said that was fine and even showed us the LO "practice breathing" on the u/s monitor at our last appt.

• I have just started to feel her with any regularity. And no, they do not hurt. They still feel like thumps or rolling around movements. Someone asked about hiccups, yes I feel them often. I think she is head down because I feel them on my lower left side. 
  • I have an anterior placenta.  For the past two weeks, I've felt LO all the time and the movements are much more pronounced.  It's no longer just bumps and thumps, it's rolls and kicks and I can feel definitely body parts.  There have been a couple of times where the kicks were a bit uncomfortable.  They didn't hurt by any means, but just slightly uncomfortable.  I'm guessing that with an a.p., they won't ever be painful like they are for some ladies, but I think I'll probably have some more slightly uncomfortable movements before it's all said and done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"