3rd Trimester
Options

Ack! Reality is starting to set in!!!

So as my number of days left keep getting lower and lower and as I'm starting to feel more pressure and occasional contractions, reality is starting to set in for me. Let me tell ya, I?m starting to freak out! Am I really ready for all of this? I know I don?t have a choice but OMG, I?m going to be responsible for the health and wellbeing of a sweet, tiny, helpless bundle of joy in just a few weeks! What on earth have I gotten myself in to?

Anyone else getting nervous?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Ack! Reality is starting to set in!!!

• Options
    I am getting a little bit nervous and I still have 9 weeks to go!   Mostly I am anxious and nervous about bringing her home from the hospital when she is just a newborn baby!  My mother and sister are taking a few days off to spend with me at home during that first week.
  • Options
    You are not a lone.  One minute I'm so excited, then the next I'm just freaking out!  Life is about to change...I think we have a right to be freaked out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am really starting to freak out and I have a 3 year old!  I'm due 12/22 and until recently I hadn't thought much about labor/delivery and all the sleepless nights.  My ds has been a handful lately too, so I'm starting to get scared that I won't have enough patience to deal with 2. 
  • Options
    I freaked out a couple weeks ago... now I'm more into the impatient stage. I'm SOOO ready to be done with this pregnancy!
  • Options
    YES!  I have started to freak out this week.  I can't believe I decided having a kid was a good idea...what were we thinking!?  I feel like I am too selfish to be a good mom.  But I am sure that is just the frustration of all the life changes I have had to endure over the last 9 months.  I asked DH if he was nervous about this and he said no.  I said, "You are worried about the noise he will bring to the house but you're not worried about how our lives are going to change!?"  At least one of us will remain calm!! haha
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya honey!  Its like all of the sudden i realize im gonna be a mommy and i get kinda worried about all these silly things that i know are gonna be just fine
  • Options

:raises hand:

Me! My nervousness comes in waves. I will be so confident that I am ready right now, and follow it up with crying and slight panic. Hormones are crazy right now. I just remind myself that there is no turning back now and I am sure it is just those hormones questioning motherhood.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am right there with you...I feel sooo mentally unprepared but I am trying my best to cope with it by being prepared logically as possible...by having the nursery set up and organized...(we paint tomorrow then shampoo the carpets and assemble furniture then launder and organize clothing and supplies)

i want to make sure i get an understanding pediatrician, because the last thing I want to do is fight with my doctor...

just the physical tangible things that can be handled so that everything is somewhat less stressful is my method of coping with OMG my life will be @ the mercy of a little person and growing for the rest of our lives..... 

• Options

You are not alone. I totally freaked out last night, OMG we are going to have TWO, TWO Children!

holy crap

is all I can think right now....

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am totally feeling like this! Yesterday I had my 38 week appointment and doctor said I was 4cm dilated and 80% effaced! I am scheduled to be induced on Wednesay but she said she doubts I will make it till then! Holy Crap! This is really going to happen! But I am very excited and can't wait to meet LO!
  • Options

I am sooo right there with you!!  I had a freak out session last night after I read a couple chapters of one of my baby books.  It was talking about how often you feed and change the baby in the first couple weeks and all I could think was "what were we thinking??"  DH has been great though. He's nervous, but focuses on reassuring me that we're in this together and we'll be fine.  Then he points out people we know who have kids (some who are less responsible than even we are)..and says ..'if they can do it, don't you think we can figure it out?'  LOL, sorry, but somehow that does help! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagealanakay:
    YES!  I have started to freak out this week.  I can't believe I decided having a kid was a good idea...what were we thinking!?  I feel like I am too selfish to be a good mom.  But I am sure that is just the frustration of all the life changes I have had to endure over the last 9 months.  I asked DH if he was nervous about this and he said no.  I said, "You are worried about the noise he will bring to the house but you're not worried about how our lives are going to change!?"  At least one of us will remain calm!! haha

Oh my gosh, this is how I feel!  And my husband doesn't seem the least bit freaked out!  I freaked out this week when I realized I'm not even ready for Christmas let alone a baby!!

• Options

imageAlyssajoy87:
    I freaked out a couple weeks ago... now I'm more into the impatient stage. I'm SOOO ready to be done with this pregnancy!

couldnt have said it better myself!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"