Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How are you giving a bath?

The plastic tub we got does not fit in our sink. I bought a big "bath sponge" but already tried that out and don't like it either for her to sit on it and me to support her head/neck while trying to bathe her. I cannot but the plastic tub in our tub b/c I cannot reach over the tub to bathe her yet due to soreness from my c-section. So, I am still giving a sponge bathe and then wash her hair over the kitchen sink,,, would love to hear what you are doing at this stage. Thanks!!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: How are you giving a bath?

• WE just sit the tub on the bathroom counter and fill it with a little water. It has a slanted mesh insert that holds her up and she lays on that and we kind of sponge bath her.

• I put Trent's tub in our tub and he loves it. Yesterday he actually cried when I took him OUT of the tub! He is two months. I also had a c-section and had quite a few problems the first month pp. During that time I would have DH give Trent a bath probably every other day and I was doing a sponge bath the other day.
  • Loading the player...
  • The first few times, we put the tub on the kitchen countertop.  Now I put it in the tub, which I prefer- the bathroom is warmer than the kitchen.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • For the first couple baths, when she was just a little itty bitty newborn, I bathed her in the plastic tub inside our bathtub.

Since she was about 2 weeks old, I've just been bathing with her. She loves it, and it gives us a chance to "play" a bit. We only stay in about 10 minutes, and then DH brings up a big warm fluffy towel out of the dryer to wrap us both in when we get out. Her bath times are some of my favorite times we've spent together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageacia:

For the first couple baths, when she was just a little itty bitty newborn, I bathed her in the plastic tub inside our bathtub.

Since she was about 2 weeks old, I've just been bathing with her. She loves it, and it gives us a chance to "play" a bit. We only stay in about 10 minutes, and then DH brings up a big warm fluffy towel out of the dryer to wrap us both in when we get out. Her bath times are some of my favorite times we've spent together.

This sounds exactly like us.  DS LOVES it too!

• I have a plastic tub that fits my kitchen sink.  I put a towel down in the little tub so she doesn't slide around.  I have been thinking about taking a bath with her in the big tub.  My doctor told me to try that and see how she likes it.
  • Sometimes we use the baby bath tub in our tub when I want to be pretty fast. It's hard to hold his head up and wash him reaching over our bath tub so I do it as fast as I can. When I want to take a little longer I just get in our bath tub with him. He loves sitting in the warm water. I also take him in the shower with me sometimes. He is 3 months old so he holds his head up pretty well now, it makes it easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"