Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What bottles do YOU use?

It never occurred to me that the bottles we use (medela) could be causing some of LO's horrible gas problems.

We went out and bought Playtex Drop-Ins and they seem to help a little, but I HATE them! They make me dread feeding time.

So...what bottles do you use? Why do you like them? If you've had issues with LO's tummy, have they helped?

TIA!

Re: What bottles do YOU use?

• I have born free and playtex vent aire.  They both work for us.
  • Born Free...a tad expensive but WELL worth it.  No gas issues whatsoever!

• Loading the player...
  • I don't use bottles. I'm pretty proficient at drinking out of a cup. lol j/k

We use Avent. They tend to leak if you screw the lid on too tight but Natalie really likes them. We used to use Nuks but she was having problems with gas and she just didn't seem to like them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • We use Dr Brown's.  They are awesome, but it's a bit tedious to clean because of all the pieces that it comes with.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why do you hate the drop-ins? We use them and LOVE them. Clean up is a breeze but more importantly, his gassiness decreased by alot. I do hate the cost of the bags though .
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Thanks ladies!

Sam - Hehe! I couldn't think of another way to phrase it. I'm working on 2 hours sleep.

imageGreenEyedGal:
    Why do you hate the drop-ins? We use them and LOVE them. Clean up is a breeze but more importantly, his gassiness decreased by alot. I do hate the cost of the bags though .

I think it has to do with the wide nipples. LO wastes half the bottle on himself...just can't keep the milk in his mouth....he'll have it streaming out of both sides of his mouth. So frustrating at 3 in the morning.

• Playtex Ventaire.   We tried Avent bottles, but didn't care for them.
    Tori 10.10.09 / Callie 9.14.10 / Callie's Epilespy Journey
  • I'm the same as you, I hate the dropins, such a huge pain to have to deal with the bags.  I don't like the Dr Browns because they leak so badly, much worse than the others we've tried.  I don't love the shape of the Avent bottles, and the Medelas work fine but I'm also worried about all the air.  I think I'm going to give the Born Free a try!
  • Playtex Vent Aire Advanced.  Seems to work for us.  I tried Nuk bottles and didn't like them for her. 

• We used Avent for DS #1 and so far, so good for DS#2 but it's only a few days in.
  • We use the Playtex Drop-Ins and my back up bottles are Avent.  The Drop-Ins are my fav but I do hate having to buy the liners, but clean up is so easy.  The Avent ones leak on occasion.  We haven't had any issues with DS2 or DS1 who used the same bottles.
    imageimage
  • we use evenflo glass bottles or the adiri natural nursers... go figure that my LO prefers the bottle that cost $2 a piece over the $13 ones...sheesh! they both work great though!
  • Our favorites are Born Free and the Breastflow bottles made by The First Years.

We have tried: Playtex Drop Ins (they were OK) Playtex Ventaire (seems to make her really gulp fast) Nuks(did not like at all) Medela (ok but she collapses the nipple constantly).

• imagemelissapgreen:

It never occurred to me that the bottles we use (medela) could be causing some of LO's horrible gas problems.

This happened to DS too.  They gave him HORRIBLE gas.  We use the Playtex Ventaire ones and the gas isn't too bad anymore.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• We use Born Free and LO loves them and has no gas issues. 
  • We use the born free bottles. He has a lot of gas as babies do, but it doesn't bother him at all. He doesn't seem to have gas pains. We haven't tried any other bottles. I've read somewhere that you should try to feed them before they start really crying and screaming because they swallow a lot of air doing that even before they start eating and that can cause gas problems. Also that formula or breastmilk should just drop out of the nipple of the bottle not flow out of it. We love the born free bottles.
  • We use both drop-ins and Avent. I preferred the drop-ins for DD1 but this time I'm finding I like the Avent ones much better!

As far as the leaking problem.. that's been fixed :) You just have to get their new ones that have an extra ring between the bottle and the nipple. We never have leaking issues w/ the new Avent bottles :)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Evenflo pure comfi.
  • Dr. Browns...a lot of people seem to complain about how many parts there are, but really, it's no big deal at all.  DD was in the hospital for 10 days b/c of her partial vocal cord paralysis which made it difficult for her to breathe while upset and eating.  The occupational therapist who worked with us to get her feeding well said to use Dr. Browns. 
  • Our baby was very gassy so we switched to Dr. Browns. A nurse recommended them.  They do have extra parts that can be tedious to clean but if it helps you, it's worth it! It could also be the formula that causes gas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"