Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Any suggestions. My DS cries EVERY diaper change

like it's hurting him.  I know it isn't, as he immediately stops once redressed and lifted.  I think people will think I am pinching him if I ever change him in public!

Granted, he's only 10 days old and I am hoping it's a phase (dear God someone tell me that it is!)

Any suggestions or tricks.  I've tried using a pacifier on occasion (no such luck.)  I shush/hum by his ear (sometimes helps.)  Other than that, I work like hell to change him as fast as possible:-)

TIA

Re: Any suggestions. My DS cries EVERY diaper change

• omg mine does too! i chalked it up to be the changing table because its really cold (its that plasticky material) but if i used a soft cover he would just pee/poo on it all the time!
  • DS stopped screaming when we started using a wipe warmer. Spoiled little guy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS cried every diaper change for the first couple of weeks from the point we took the diaper off to the time he was redressed. He stopped one day and now we have no issues. I think it just takes them awhile to realize what's happening.
  • My little guy does that... it used to be every single time, but over the past few days we've had a couple times where he hasn't cried, so I'm assuming he's just getting used to it now?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It will pass.  DS screamed during diaper changes, but now it's his favorite!  Seriously, he's never happier than when he's laying there naked, lol.
  • Mine does to only because he HATES having his legs exposed. So when we change him (sometimes it's a 2 person job) we put a cloth diaper over his legs and work quickly. This usually works.

He doesn't like to be naked either so it's almost like a contest to see how fast we can dress him!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO dud this. She has gotten more used to it though. Now she only cries sometimes. It helps when it's warmer in the room and I warm the wipe with my hands.
  • For us the wipe warmer made all the difference.  Its a relatively cheap thing to try...  You could always use some sort of noise distraction as well...white noise machine or toy that plays a lullaby... hope you find something soon!
    Prolactinoma, Hypothyroidism, PCOS m/c 8-19-08 @ 9wks 3d
    "And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? Now I see it everyday and I know that I am the luckiest."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • DS did too until he was about 3 weeks old.  At first, it was so bad, it took 2 of us to change him!
  • My DS is 3 1/2 weeks. He was screaming like we were hurting him whenever we changed him until he was 2 1/2 weeks. We have had about one week of blissful baby during diaper changes. He just stopped. I tried talking to him during the changes and that seemed to help.

• Katie still screams but mostly in the middle of the night when a dirty diaper has woken her up.
  • my LO loves to get his diaper changed although when we were using the Parent's Choice wipes he screamed. It took me a few changes to realize it was the wipes. Now he's happy again. I also like to talk to him and do fun things with him while I'm changing his diaper so he associates good things with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"