2nd Trimester

Can't sleep!

I am so annoyed right now. DH and I went up to bed around 2:00 and I just kept tossing and turning, so I eventually just came back downstairs. Now I'm gonna end up taking tons of naps today and not be able to sleep again tonight. Also, I swear I have sneezed like 100 times since 2:00. I hope I'm not getting sick. Is anyone else having a lot of trouble sleeping at night? I just can't seem to get comfortable. Honestly, I would rather sleep on the couch anymore, it just seems like I can get more comfortable than in bed.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can't sleep!

• I can't sleep at night...I toss and turn the whole time
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's terrible! I just want to scream! Oh, and then my husbands snoring sounds like a freaking freight train too, so that doesn't help any.

• Loading the player...
  • Me too!  Have a lot of driving tomorrow/today!  ugh!
  • Ugh, that sucks. That furthest we have to go is like 2 miles to my parents house. I am sure I will be taking a nap on the couch after we eat! :)

• i feel your pain. i cant ever sleep my doctor told me its because of stress and my brain does not know how to stop working. what i do and it might work for put a pillow between your legs and count backwards starts with 100 and try not to think about anything except sleeping. good luck to you. and sweet dreams.
  • I will try that. It seems when I think too much about going to sleep I have even more trouble falling asleep. It was nice in the summer because I would turn the fan on and the sound of the fan would help me fall asleep. It would also drown out my husbands snoring. lol

• I toss and turn all night as well - I just can't ever get comfortable!

I've had a cold all week and I thought it was getting better. I feel so sick right now and I've been up for the past hour coughing and sneezing. I hate it!
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one awake already!
  • It's 3:30 here in CA and I'm WIDE awake! I hate it...every night for at least an hour or two I'm awake. I get so exhausted during the day because of it...My OB said to take Tylonol PM or Benadril if it gets too bad (not on a daily basis but once in a while). I'd take it tonight if we had some!! What us ladies have to go though right!? 
  • It's nice to know I am not alone!  Every night for the past 3 nights I seem to wake up at 2:30am and can not fall back asleep until 5:30am.

Frustrating!!! 

Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecaremarge:
    i feel your pain. i cant ever sleep my doctor told me its because of stress and my brain does not know how to stop working. what i do and it might work for put a pillow between your legs and count backwards starts with 100 and try not to think about anything except sleeping. good luck to you. and sweet dreams.

You might want to talk to your doctor about this again.  This was actually one of my big clues that I needed to be on an anti-depressant.   I would be so tired but I couldn't sleep because my brain would race, or I would fall asleep but wake up after a couple of hours, again with the brain racing.  My doctor put me on Wellbutrin and suddenly, I could sleep a full night again and it was glorious!  I've gone off of it twice- once the summer we first started TTC and the sleeping issues came back.  I went back on, but they switched me to Prozac because they said it was better for pregnancy.  I didn't like Prozac as much so I gradually stopped taking it and luckily, I'm still sleeping fine.  Not sleeping sucks, though!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageDCnSF:
    It's 3:30 here in CA and I'm WIDE awake! I hate it...every night for at least an hour or two I'm awake. I get so exhausted during the day because of it...My OB said to take Tylenol PM or Benadril if it gets too bad (not on a daily basis but once in a while). I'd take it tonight if we had some!! What us ladies have to go though right!? 

My dr told me not to take that stuff.  She said to make sure I work out everyday (I guess to tire myself out), warm milk, shower before bed....

I miss Tylenol PM!

• I'm awake by 5AM at the latest every day and it's a struggle to stay in bed till then. DH's snoring doesn't help either.... I look at it as my body's way of preparing me for life once LO is here. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"