1st Trimester

Anyone else spending Thanksgiving with their husbands family?

We're going to my SILs house on Thursday and I'm really looking forward to it.  They live in NJ so we don't get to see them all the time.  It helps that we have the worlds cutest niece and nephew. Plus, they're awesome cooks so the food will be delicious. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else spending Thanksgiving with their husbands family?

• No, Dh doesn't have a lot of family.  So we usually go to my grandparents house.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We do actual Tday at me and hubby's house with my parents.

Then Fri we will go to DH's and stay the weekend, he has a TON of family and it's always nice!

• Loading the player...
  • Nope, I'll actually be alone this Thanksgiving, DH has gaurd duty all day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We split the winter holidays between our families--Thanksgiving in NJ with my fam, and Xmas with his fam. I can't wait for the food this week!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep! We spend Thanksgiving with DH's family every year. We will see my family over the weekend.
    Jen, mom to Evan-6yrs and Ella-20 months
  • Kind of.  We are actually going to be at my sister in law's husband's parents house.  Not really looking forward to it that much but at least we will be out of town for the day.
  • Yes, we've spent the last two Thanksgivings with my family, so we're seeing his this year, and telling some of his extended family the good news! I'll be 9 weeks Friday, so I think we're getting toward the safe-to-tell zone.
  • Well this year I got kinda lucky...our families both live close...so DH's for lunch then he has to leave for a football game (he coaches HS football and they have a game 6 hours away, so they are leaving thursday at 4) then I am heading to my parents to eat with them and spend the night and help put up the tree! Its going to feel like HS/College all over again! But this year no going out the night before! OHH WELL soo worth it! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Jack - 6.7.2010 Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're doing BOTH. His mom's side in the morning, followed by a brief visit with his brothers, and then my family in the evening. 3 Thanksgivings. Awesome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Yep, it is his family's turn - we alternate holidays and years.  I am not really a fan of MIL's turkey, or the way 30 people come to eat and we're all served on paper plates and eat on our laps, but hey, every family is different. 
    BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Book Blog
  • We are hosting both sides at our house!  Our moms are practically BFFs these days.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, my parents have released their claim to Thanksgiving completely, so we will go to my SIL house and then later to a friend's house.  We are telling everyone then, so it kinda stinks that we won't be able to tell my parents in person.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep.

We alternate: Thanksgiving with DH's family and Christmas with mine this year...opposite next year.

We live 12+ hours away from either set of parents, and our parents live 8+ hours apart so we have to split.

• I totally wish we could alternate, but both of our families live close by. Every year we have 2 Thanksgivings (one at noon - his, and one at 4pm - mine) and 2 Christmases. Needless to say, I usually don't look forward to the holidays, they're stressful enough as it is without the ALL DAY TRAVEL. Maybe things will change after babies?? Although I know I'm dreaming...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We will!  All his siblings will be there as well, and we'll finally going to be able to tell someone in RL (minus Drs and nurses)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We do every Thanksgiving with DH's family. It was one of the conditions when we got married, but it's fine with me because I love his entire extended family. We do Passover with my family (and we invite his parents over), and we do Thanksgiving with his. Works out pretty well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, we're visiting DH's cousin and her H in NJ and BIL and SIL are flying up from FL to join us. It should be great! We're all a bunch of young couples so lots of fun will ensue.

This is the first Thanksgiving with family in a few years. All our family lives far away so we usually visit for Christmas. I'm looking forward to it.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
  • We are spending t-day with DH's fam and x-mas with my fam this year.  Next year it will be flipped.  I love going to my in-laws for t-day because I don't have to cook.  MIL is SO excited that the new baby will be with DH's family next year for x-mas. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • We're hosting DH's family, so yes.  MIL and DH's uncle will be doing most of the food as usual, though (cheez whiz potato casserole, woo hoo Confused )
    Blythe, born 6/5/10, and Oscar the dog (not pictured), adopted 11/16/07
  • Yup...none of my family lives here and ALLLLLLL of his does...
  • Lunch at my grandmother's, followed by dinner at my MIL's and dessert at my DH's aunts. Needless to say, we are usually in a food coma by the end of the day. Too much fun though, we wouldn't have it any other way!
  • for the past 7 holidays (christmas/thanksgiving) we have spent thanksgiving with his family and christmas with mine (my mil comes over for christmas and joins our family) Big Smile

P.S. He's jewish (Im not) so that def plays a big factor lol....

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• Normally, we do both...  but this year (should I say this) we lucked out.  His family is celebrating Thanksgiving in Kansas, and we can't afford to drive from STL with only one good car - so we're spending the holiday with only my family... which, honestly is nice for me - with the way I've been feeling - only having to make one stop will be like heaven with pie on the side!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"