1st Trimester

Anyone have a sore tailbone

My tailbone hurts so bad. It isn't constant but at times when I go to stand up it kills me! Is this normal? I asked my doctor and she said it is very common but I've never heard of anyone else who has this problem!

Re: Anyone have a sore tailbone

• Holy crap!  I do!  I had no idea it was a symptom.  I was trying to figure out what I possibly could have done to it.  It's been going on for 4 days now- and not being able to take advil....it's super annoying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HA!  I did a couple of weeks ago.  I didnt realize it was a symptom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I didn't know it was a sumptom either but I started to google sore tailbone and as I was typing it sore tailbone in pregnancy came up and there are tons of sites about it.
  • I was wondering about this. I have had a sore tailbone and sore legs the past two days.  Good to know it is normal. 
  • Oh my gosh! I was just complaining to DH about that! It hurts most when I wake up. Not every morning but some mornings, like today, it is killing me! Did your doctor say what causes this?
  • I have it too! It's especially bad when i change positions, like laying in bed then standing up. It feels like my whole tail bone area freezes up and its painful to walk!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have that too!! It feels so strange and I hadn't heard about it either but it totally is a symptom :o)
  • ugh!!  I broke mine earlier this year and it has finally healed...not looking forward to it starting back up again!
  • I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I was thinking I was crazy.
  • Just an FYI, and not that it matters in the least, but you may have a tilted (back) uterus.  My tailbone hurt so bad with my LO, and is just starting to feel better with this pregnancy at 12.5 weeks.  My OB says it is because I have a tilted uterus, so there is more pressure back there.  He also said 100% normal.  :)  Good luck!
  • Oh man, you should get used to it. I broke mine about 10 years ago and it still hurts off and on! There will come a point that you just don't notice it anymore...hopefully I will be immune to this pregnancy symptom!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetiniestjohnson:
    Just an FYI, and not that it matters in the least, but you may have a tilted (back) uterus.  My tailbone hurt so bad with my LO, and is just starting to feel better with this pregnancy at 12.5 weeks.  My OB says it is because I have a tilted uterus, so there is more pressure back there.  He also said 100% normal.  :)  Good luck!

Ohhhh! At my ultrasound they said I had a tilted uterus but they didn't say which way it was tilted. I'm thinking back becuase my tail bone hurts SO bad! Thanks for the info! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"