Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Question for Moms with LOs under 5 mo?

Does your child have a tooth yet or are any coming in? I don't mean they are drooling a lot and chewing on everything, so you think they are teething. I mean real hard evidence of teething. DD has one that has been slowly sprouting (its been a little white pointy stub for a week) and I'm curious how common this is at that age. TIA!

imageimage
Matilda 6/19/09
Graham 10/25/13

Re: Question for Moms with LOs under 5 mo?

• nothing yet but definitky drooling and cranky
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess it is pretty common since all books say they may get first tooth between 4 and 6 months. There is one bumpie with a 3.5 months old who has one or two bottom teeth already.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mine is a little over 5 months but as of tues, he has 2 teeth :)
    Little Dude - Connor Michael 6/8/09
    Angel Face - Mya Brynn 12/9/11
    imageimage
  • yes!  i think he is teething.  i think he has two coming in (none have broken the skin yet)...but he is pretty miserable! this has been going on this week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nathan's is starting to do the same thing, you can feel a little tooth under the skin. I think it's pretty common actually, that and the gums shifting to prepare for a tooth
  • Oh, mine seems to be teething but no hard evidence yet... Or maybe he has just found a way to get his gums massaged by mommy :P because he sure enjoys it and bites on my finger!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetlong:
    mine is a little over 5 months but as of tues, he has 2 teeth :)

How long after you first saw it break the skin until it actually was a full tooth? We just have a point and it seems like it is stuck there. I check everyday and no progress. I'm waiting for her to go nuts one day and for it to suddenly be there, but not sure if it will be overnight or take a month before it comes all the way in.

imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • My DD has 2 teeth.  She got one 4 days ago then got the other one today.  They are both the bottom ones.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes. LO had a neonatal tooth cut through a few days after her birth. It was shocking to say the least.
  • I know babies get teeth in the front first, but I swear that I see two little white bumps in the side of my DD mouth. I asked the nurse today and she said no way she is not teething. When I tried to show her she would not even look and continued to say babies do not teeth until about 6 months. Friends of mine who have older LO's say it looks like she is getting 3 teeth in. I am just concerned about the one on the side and the rude nurse who would not even humor me and look.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemielkede:
    I know babies get teeth in the front first, but I swear that I see two little white bumps in the side of my DD mouth. I asked the nurse today and she said no way she is not teething. When I tried to show her she would not even look and continued to say babies do not teeth until about 6 months. Friends of mine who have older LO's say it looks like she is getting 3 teeth in. I am just concerned about the one on the side and the rude nurse who would not even humor me and look.

And here is evidence that they do! I saw white bumps on the sides and thought DD was going to get vampire teeth on the bottom, but this one seemed to come out of nowhere.

imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • imageLesley0228:

imagemielkede:
    I know babies get teeth in the front first, but I swear that I see two little white bumps in the side of my DD mouth. I asked the nurse today and she said no way she is not teething. When I tried to show her she would not even look and continued to say babies do not teeth until about 6 months. Friends of mine who have older LO's say it looks like she is getting 3 teeth in. I am just concerned about the one on the side and the rude nurse who would not even humor me and look.

And here is evidence that they do! I saw white bumps on the sides and thought DD was going to get vampire teeth on the bottom, but this one seemed to come out of nowhere.

It's rare but not impossible for teeth to cut from a place other than the bottom.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"