Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

AF is 5 days late and BFN

AF should've come on 11/14.  However, on 11/12 I fell and dislocated my knee cap and had to go to the ER... So I wonder if the stress of all that is delaying AF?  I've taken 2 tests and both are negative.  I'm worried if it is positive because I took IB profin and Vicodine from 11/12-11/14... I tried to not take them after I was late just in case... Any thoughts? 

TIA 

Re: AF is 5 days late and BFN

• Options

How do you know AF is late?  Are you charting?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ouch!!  I hope your knee is ok!!

How do you know when AF should have come?  Are you charting?  If not, it's possible you just ovulated later than normal and you're not actually late yet.  Stress will not delay AF, only ovulation.  So stress is not what's making you "late".  I would recommend testing again in a week and once a week until you hit CD60, get a +HPT or AF.  If nothing by CD60, call your doctor.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ouch! sorry about your knee.  Nothing can delay AF, stress can only delay ovulation.  Do you know when you ovulated?

Oh, and vicoden is one of the few pain killers that is ok in the 2ww (I think).

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Oh, and the ibuprofen and vicodin you took are fine.  Don't worry about that - you got a BFN so even if you are pregnant, you are not far enough along for it to cause any harm.
  • Options
    maybe not stress, but i think physical trauma might be able to delay it. i had my period when i got appendicitis two years ago. right after i had the attack, my period totally stopped and didn't come back until the day after my surgery. i don't know anything about the medical facts behind this, but i assumed it had something to do with the physical stress.
  • Options

imageDani816:
    maybe not stress, but i think physical trauma might be able to delay it. i had my period when i got appendicitis two years ago. right after i had the attack, my period totally stopped and didn't come back until the day after my surgery. i don't know anything about the medical facts behind this, but i assumed it had something to do with the physical stress.

Most likely the same was true in your case - you just ovulated later than normal.

• Options
    2 months ago AF was "late"  by 10 days...if you are getting BFN then you prob just ovulated late.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I have been temping and keeping track of CM.  My temp spiked so I figured I Ovulated.  I have ordered TCOYF but it isn't here yet...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"